Ozito PXCHTK-218

Ozito PXCHTK-218

MPN: PXCHTK-218
See the Best Cordless Hedge Trimmers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Ozito? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Impressed by its performance

Used the battery hedge trimmer PXCHTK-218 today and delighted with its performance. The battery life surprised me only stopping it to clean up all the branches I’d cut down. Lightweight and easy to handle as I have a petrol unit which is heavy and reluctant to use it. I’d recommend this unit to anyone looking to purchase a hedge trimmer

Purchased in March 2021 for $129.00.

David
    DavidKinross

Excellent tool for the job

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Perfect for our hedges

We have pittosporum hedges 2 metres high on both sides of the property, one along the drive of about 25 metres and the other along the other side fence of 20 metres. With each of these using the hand clippers and secateurs would take 3 to 4 hours to prune and another hour to clean up. With the Ozito hedge trimmer pruning takes a couple of hours each including raking up. It's neater the way it sweeps off the top and the sides are a breeze. The battery is long lasting and interchangeable with the lawn trimmer (whipper snipper) and the two make a good gardening pair. If Ozito would make a cordless vacuum cleaner I would be one of the first to buy.

Roy

Date PurchasedOct 2016
    TLC
    TLC

Very happy with the trimmer

I've attacked/trimmed a number of different hedge types with this trimmer. Photinia, honeysuckle and privet it has performed really well on all. It has struggled a bit on the dense Photinia wood over 6mm diameter, but it is dense, hard wood. For the rest it's great, a light, easy to use tool.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
    Cordless Hedge Trimmers

Find out how Ozito PXCHTK-218 compares to other Cordless Hedge Trimmers

Sothereyougo
    SothereyougoAustralian Capital Territory

I want more . . !

This is an early post-purchase review. I don't know about longevity and reliability yet. The warranty is good.

You know you've found a good tool when you've finished the task you got it for and and then go around looking for something else to use it on. Suddenly, it looked like every plant in the garden could use a bit of trimming, but I cleaned it up and put it away before I levelled the whole garden to stubble. 'Later, aggies. This trimmer is super light and easy to use (I'm neither young nor strong), and it's also very quiet, so you won't get gimlet eyes from the neighbours for trimming your stuff at unsociable hours. Not enormous so easier to store, this is ideal for unit owners.

Prank
    Prankasked

It struggles with decorative bush/grass trimming and I can hear the motor revving when passing through leafy/grassy bush. Is this the same for everyone? I had an ozito pole hedge trimmer before and it did not have the same problem as this.

Royden Johnson

I have an older model, the 018, but have only used it on heavier bushes and hedges. I would have thought it would be happy with thicker grasses but I have not tried it on these. I do mine by hand.
    Roy