OzMobiles

OzMobiles Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

40 questions from our users

Georgina B

Georgina Basked

If i buy one of your unlocked phones, can i use it on a network in the UK?

Hi Georgina,

Thank you for your query.

With all of our devices they are network unlocked and can be used in all networks within Australia.

In regards to International use this varies. Different countries use different technologies and frequencies, your phone needs to be compatible with them to work.
No need to worry though, phones these days are built to work in multiple countries so it's more than likely this will work.

So you can be positive this works we are more than happy to confirm this for you. Feel free to send our friendly team a message on info@ozmobiles.com.au with the details on what phone you are looking at.

JMK

JMKasked

If I was to buy an iPhone 7 Plus, listed by Ozmobiles as "Ex-Display" the website says that it comes with Apple Warranty. Does the Apple warranty start when I purchase, when I activate the phone or will I get the phone, activate it and suddenly find after checking the serial number that I'm halfway or worse through the Apple warranty?

Hi JMK,

Thanks for your query with OzMobiles!

Our Ex-Display stock are phones that for one reason or another have been used for demo purposes, out of their package at some point in time, customer returns, factory seconds or phones used briefly. These have previously been activated.

The Manufacturer's warranty on iPhone 7 Plus devices is valid with Apple until at least September 2018. The original release of this phone was in September 2016 therefore this is 2 years from that date.

If you had any further queries about warranty feel free to email our friendly team on info@ozmobiles.com.au :-)

sydswan

sydswanasked

Which phone carrier do you use ? Peter

Hi there,

Thanks for your query!

All of our devices come fully network unlocked, therefore they can be used on all Australian networks.

If you had any further queries feel free to email our friendly team on info@ozmobiles.com.au :-)

R.H

R.Hasked

How good of a condition are the iPhone 6. For the average condition range?

OzMobiles C.OzMobiles

The definition of Average condition is "These Used items are in average condition. There may be minor visible scratches on the screen (however these will not be visible if the device is on) and standard wear and tear on the sides and back.

Jake

Jakeasked

where does the product come from?
How long does it take if I ordered it in weekend with express shipping?

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your question!

All products are shipped directly from our Melbourne warehouse. All orders placed before 10am on a business day will be shipped the same business day - whilst all orders placed after 10am or on a non-business day will be shipped the next business day.

We quote a 1-2 business day delivery for express orders. The exact time will depend on where you are located within Australia.

For more information on our delivery procedures please visit our delivery page here: https://www.ozmobiles.com.au/delivery

Natalie

Natalieasked

I purchased the iPhone 6s Plus today with the free shipping, just wanted to know when it will arrive and do i need to be present on arrival?

Hi Natalie,

Thank you for your purchase with OzMobiles.

The transit time will depend where you are located, however free shipping will usually arrive in 2-7 business days. It will require a signature on delivery however if no one is home to sign for the parcel it will be taken to a local post office for collection.

If you had any further queries about delivery or about your specific order feel free to email our friendly team on info@ozmobiles.com.au :-)

Ayesha

Ayeshaasked

I ordered a phone on Monday how long will it take to be delivered to where I live in NSW?

OzMobiles C.OzMobiles

Hey Ayesha, thank you for your query :)

The delivery time frame for your order will depend on which delivery method you selected in the check out.
If you selected free shipping or eParcel, the delivery time frame will be 2-7 business days, for express shipping, this should be 1-2 business days dependent on where you are located in NSW.

To get a rough estimate, please feel free to use the delivery estimate calculator by Australia post, you just need to type in your postcode; https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/calculate-postage-delivery-times/#/

If you have any difficulty or you would like us to check this for you, please pop us through an email via info@ozmobiles.com.au with your order number and we will check this for you :)

Judeasked

Just purchased an iPhone 5 and it arrived Monday-birthday present for my 12 year old. Tonight I discover apple software will shortly no longer be compatible- what can I do?
Disappointed Mum

Dave
Dave

It shouldn't make the phone any less usable, just won't run some of Apple's latest features. I check these issues online before purchase.

Hey thanks Dave.

OzMobiles C.OzMobiles

Hi Jude, thank you for your question, we can certainly assist you with this.

When Apple announced that they will discontinue updates for the iPhone 5, we found out at the same time as the rest of the world, we had no input into the decision behind this.

We can see that you have already been corresponding with a few staff members with OzMobiles and we have offered a few solutions for your query.

We look forward to your response from our last email.

Cris

Crisasked

Do you have a iphone 6 plus that I can pick uo in Pitt street?
Intersted in ipad too
Cristina

Hey Cristina!

As we are an Online store, we do not currently have any retail stores available.

Having said that, we do have a pick up option available in the Melbourne CBD for orders for $250 or over.
If you do not live in Melbourne that's OK! We do have a free shipping option available across Australia :)

For more info regarding any Frequently Asked Questions, please visit our FAQ page via; https://www.ozmobiles.com.au/faq

Juliemarshall

Juliemarshallasked

I want to return my purchase is there a cooling off period?

Nicole
Nicole

You would have to check with OZmobiles. I just reviewed the product I purchased.

Hi Julie,

We'd be more than happy to look into this for you and assist you further!

Pop us through an email to support@ozmobiles.com.au with your full name and order number and we'll be able to assist you from there.

Nricho

Nrichoasked

Hi I'm looking at getting an iPad mini for my daughter was wondering what the warranty covers and how long it lasts for?
Thanks Nicole

SYDHarry
SYDHarry

Hi Nicole !
According to OzMobiles' website, warranty period are different for each devices. Some devices come with two months warranty (yes two months) and some others come with one year warranty.
So best thing is choose your model and send the link to them by chatting option or email and ask them before buying.

Thank you.

Hey Nricho!

SYDHarry is exactly right :) Thanks for helping out with providing that info!

At OzMobiles, we provide two months warranty with all of our Used devices and 12 months for all of our Ex-Display, Refurbished and New devices.

For more information on warranty please visit our FAQ page via; https://www.ozmobiles.com.au/faq

Otherwise if you have a particular device in mind, pop us through an email to info@ozmobiles.com.au with your full name and the URL of the device you are looking into via the website and we'll be able to assist you from there :)

Thank you (both) and have a great day!

Uyen vu Tran

Uyen vu Tranasked

Hi, I chose to pick up the phone at check out but it didn't let me checking out. It asked me to fill in the shipping methods. What do I do now to be able to pick up with cash?

OzMobiles C.OzMobiles

Hi Uyen! We can certainly help you with that :)

In order to use the Cash on Delivery service with OzMobiles, there are just a few things that you need to have a look at;
-For any purchase of $250 and above, and you currently live in Melbourne, you are able to pick up your device for free :)
-All you need to do is place your order online and choose the "Cash on delivery/pickup" payment method.

Once your checkout has been completed, please pop us through an email with your full name and order number via; pickup@ozmobiles.com.au to organise the best time for you to pick up your device.
For any more info regarding the COD service or any other Frequently Asked Questions, please visit our FAQ page via;

Let us know if you have any more questions :)

Thanks! The OzMobiles Team

Shane Maloney

Shane Maloneyasked

Can you contact me about picking up my phone (order #132109)..I need the phone urgently and thought it would save time if I picked it up. My email requesting a pick up appointment for this morning was not answered and your call centre tells me that it may be 24 hours before you reply. At this stage, I have no idea when I will be able to pick it up. My account details say the phone has been shipped, and there appears to be no means of changing the order to delivery rather than pick up (which might have been the better option). Please, please inform me when I can pick the phone up as I not only do not have a phone but no mobile means of checking my emails. So I'm sitting at home waiting for you to contact me.
Shane Maloney (03) 93808246

Hi Shane,

I really do apologise for any delays in organising the cash pickup.
As our office was closed over the Christmas break our team has been inundated with work, and they have been working hard to catch up.
Our Enquiries team have now sent you the cash pickup details via email.

We hope to see you soon for your cash pickup :)

Warm Regards,

Lisa

Lisaasked

I have paid for a phone with express shipping last Friday. Have not received it yet. Also do not have confirmation of purchase email.
Please contact me ASAP
Lisa Spencer

OzMobiles C.OzMobiles

Hi Lisa, thank you for your purchase with OzMobiles. We shipped the parcel the same day you purchased it express under tracking number XDU002887301000960201 which can be viewed here: https://auspost.com.au/parcels-mail/track.html#/track?id=XDU002887301000960201 - the device has been awaiting collection at Runaway Bay Post Shop since yesterday. Kind regards, OzMobiles Team

Tiare

Tiareasked

Along with the phone, in the packaging, do they supply headphones and a charger as well?

Peter
Peter

We got a charger with both phones, but no headphones.

cam
cam

The packaging was indistinguishable form new - including head phones in plastic case.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Yes, both my phones had earphones and chargers. Everything looked brand new, and new earphones in plastic box. Charger packaging also looked brand new.

minionqueen

minionqueenasked

why do you have to pay an extra $20?

Hi minionqueen,

The $19.90 to purchase express shipping with postal insurance is completely option, we do have a "free shipping" option available.

Eros

Erosasked

If I am in Victoria how long will it take for me to get my iPhone 4 with free shipping?

OzMobiles C.OzMobiles

Hi There, During the Christmas/NewYear period delays are expected. It will generally take about 2-3 business days if you're in Victoria, otherwise overnight delivery with our express post option. :-)

Trishasked

Hi,
I purchased an iphone 4s and it arrived today, however I am very unhappy with it as the wifi button is greyed out and I cannot connect to network. Is there any way of correcting this issue or do I need to send it back?

OzMobiles C.OzMobiles

Hi Trish, You can attempt to perform a hard reset on the device if you'd like. If that does not work please feel free to send the phone back to us and we can issue you with a replacement. We apologize for the inconvenience. Kind Regards -Oz Mobiles.

Sarah
Sarah

They were really good with me, if it still doesn't work you have a two month guarantee they'll either fix replace or refund :)

Trish

Hard reset did not work. I have sent phone back for refund.

Jack Busuttil

Jack Busuttilasked

Around how long does your free shipping take? (I am in Victoria)

Craig
Craig

Jack, These i believe are 2nd hand apple products - buy from another supplier / person !

CF

Tess
Tess

If you are in Victoria then the shipping will either be over night if you select express or 1-3 days Regular.

We sell both NEW and SECOND HAND phones :)

Sam

Samasked

If the phone develops a fault within the first few months of having purchased it, is there a possibility that, despite the warranty (assuming it's still under warranty), if we return the phone and get a refund? Just curious of all options have something go wrong.

Maree S.
Maree S.

Hi sorry for the delay in replying , I have taken a 12 month warranty so I have the base covered, however I do not expect any issues as my phone is functioning very well ! You would have to direct this question to Ozmobiles directly, they have been very good with answering their email communication with me.

Get an answer from our members and OzMobiles representatives