OzTent RV-5

OzTent RV-5 Questions & Answers

10 questions from our users

Jelcicsan

Jelcicsanasked

Has anyone ever had a problem with one of the zippers with the oztent? One of our zippers (ex-5) does not close anymore, and we have no warranty. Any ideas/experience how to repair? Oztent Company wasn’t helpful at all, they never answered

Zhivan

Plenty of caravan or canvas places can do this repair.

Zhivan

Drifta or Southern Cross Canvas can help.

Shane

No - I've never had a issue. All depends on where you live , but there are OZTent agents all over Aust. But won't be hard to fix & I'd guess not a lot of $$...

Kay B.

Kay B.asked

Does the RV 5 tagalong fit a 2.5 Rino awing

The RV5 is 2.6 metres wide, so it will have 50mm overlap each side

Hendrix

Hendrixasked

Anyone slept 5 people in to RV-5? how comfortable was it?

Zhivan

Two adults and 3 kids is no problem. It is 2.6 metres wide.

Shane

I have not, but you could - but it would be a bit tight. A mix of 2 adults / 3 children would fit better.

Georgio007

Georgio007asked

Hi people , I'm thinking about changing to a rv5, but a bit sceptical as in Heavey dew situations does it get any at all , is there enough ventilation when it rains for that situation not to happen. Any info would be appreciated. thanks.

Regards George

Shane

G'day George, you won't have any worries here - your best bet is to buy the fly as well. That gives that extra protection, I use a fly in most cases. ( unless just set up for one night) The fly , apart from protecting your tent from sun / rain & bat & bird dropping etc will make your tent a whole lot cooler plus the small amount of dew that all tents will gather will be mainly taken by the fly. Here's a Tip: If you buy the fly it can be a little awkward putting it on & off ( I'm only 170cm - it would be easier if you were 180 plus ) so again your best bet here is zip it on & leave it on, roll your (dry) tent up with it on. Then when using it again its attached & just needs a couple of poles / pegs & your set. I hope this helps a little. Happy camping .Cheers Shane.

Roz

Rozasked

Will it fit in a car boot?

Nope

Netteasked

Has anyone had a pooling issue on the roof when all peak panels are in place.?

Shane

Hi, do you mean on the front awning ..? if you send me your email address I can send you a photo of mine set up - no pooling problems. You can get a little " run off" on the front awning at the centre of it ( lowest point) I use to put a bucket under it to capture the water that I in turn used for the solar shower. Another option I've used is to put a ridge pole on the front to spread the run off & give it a bit more strength. That works well. But if rain is coming & I need a little extra washing or shower water the capture method has benefits. Cheers Shane.

Nette

Thanks Shane for your teply.
The pooling issue was to the right side of the awning toward the front edge.
To stop it by lowering the awning needed to be lower than the hieght of a child.
I was so disappointed with the tent I returned it and am looking at other ideas.

DiT

DiTasked

Why did water pool on the downside of my peaked side panel shaped roof? I thought the slope would have been enough for it to run of?

Bass Yabbie
Bass Yabbie

If you tighten the peak by pushing up the poles tight the water should run off. Also, always buy a fly with your main Oz tent room. We attached it and just left it on since, it rolls up when you want and folds away, no need to ever take it off.

andrewasked

Can you zip the RV5 directly to a foxwing awning?

Shane

Hi Andrew, I'm not sure what a fox wing awning is ...? if its a waning off your 4WD - No I would assume not. Best check with Oztent or a distributor

Shanamasha
Shanamasha

You can zip both rv5 and tag along onto a fox wing.

andrew

The tagalong isnt a stand alone tent though so no good for a home base setup while touring during the day

Rick

Rickasked

Do you need to season the oztent before use?

ASH
ASH

Yes you need to spray the canvas with water.

Happy

Happyasked

What is the length of the single room 22kg tent in its carry bag?

davtor
davtor

Hi Happy,

The soft bag is approximately 2m long with the tent inside.

Get an answer from our members and OzTent representatives