2OzTent RV-5

OzTent RV-5 Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for OzTent? Claim your listing.
Lynn J.
Lynn J.

Will the SV-5 Max Front Panel zip onto a RV5.

Sedz
Sedz

No I don’t think they are compatible. However, the RV5 has a front panel you can purchase. I think some rv5+ tents are compatible with other parts, but not certain which ones. You can contact Oztent and ask, they’re really friendly and happy to help.

Ken C.
Ken C.

Can I store an RV5 standing on its end?

Evie
Evie

My Aus tent is great but hasn’t been used in over 10 years. We had 50 mils of rain and it leaked enough we couldn’t sleep in it What brand of waterproofed is best as I can’t find a hole

Bill G
Bill G

After about ten years, some of our poles are getting extremely stiff to slide open and shut. Any suggestions to make them slide more easily?

Mozza
Mozza

Hi,
Can you connect a standard RV5 fly to a RV5 tagalong?

John
John

I have an RV3 it’s the best test I’ve ever had but is probably a little small for me and my wife with stretcher beds. I’m thinking of giving it to my son and buying an RV5. My question is: Can I connect the awning of the RV3 to the awning of the RV5?

Sean W

Send a email to oztent and they will be able to confirm and suggest parts if needed.

Jon W.
Jon W.

Hi
I have an RV5 and I’m thinking about not getting the tag along but just getting another RV tent. Do I have to buy an another RV5 or can I just get an RV4 or RV3? Would they fit ???

Sean W

If you have the money a better option.
More room, but don't forget to get the connector to join together...
If your camping in a caravan Park two RV5 will need likely Two sites as the tag a long is much shorter

ShannonL
ShannonL

Can a RV5 tag a long connect to a RV4?

Melanie F.
Melanie F.

We bought the RV5 tent today for 2 adults 2 kids aged 11 & 8 we are going to get the tag along later down the track for the kids but I was told the tag along is a terrible to set up ? My question is , can we just purchase another RV5 like the original to attach apposed to the tag along ?
Cheers

Zhivan

Yes you can, definitely get another Oztent instead of the tagalong as it takes a lot longer to set up.

Sean W

There is a joining part that can be bought to connect two rv5 together.
Even comes with a water drain.

Have a look at some online videos as tagalong are much cheaper.

The other great thing about two rv5 is in some sites you can face both tents to the view

Warren S.
Warren S.

Had the drain part collapse as the water pools way too much when connected

Jelcicsan
Jelcicsan

Has anyone ever had a problem with one of the zippers with the oztent? One of our zippers (ex-5) does not close anymore, and we have no warranty. Any ideas/experience how to repair? Oztent Company wasn’t helpful at all, they never answered

Zhivan

Plenty of caravan or canvas places can do this repair.

Zhivan

Drifta or Southern Cross Canvas can help.

Shane

No - I've never had a issue. All depends on where you live , but there are OZTent agents all over Aust. But won't be hard to fix & I'd guess not a lot of $$...

Kay B.
Kay B.

Does the RV 5 tagalong fit a 2.5 Rino awing

The RV5 is 2.6 metres wide, so it will have 50mm overlap each side

Hendrix
Hendrix

Anyone slept 5 people in to RV-5? how comfortable was it?

Zhivan

Two adults and 3 kids is no problem. It is 2.6 metres wide.

Shane

I have not, but you could - but it would be a bit tight. A mix of 2 adults / 3 children would fit better.

Leah D.
Leah D.

We fit 2 adults and 2 kids 11+ 17 and our dog but it is tight. OK for one night here n there with all of us, very comfortable for 2 adults and a smaller child.
We just made sure our mattresses fit 2x 130 CM dune deluxe double self inflating mattresses as the tent is 260cm across.
We are in the process of Purchasing the kids another RV5 to connect together by the awnings or let them set up them self side by side.
We were going to get the tag along tent but after reading other families reviews decided we may as well get the second RV5 as it can be set up alone for the kids who are growing up to use as they get older and want to take it for trips with friends etc.. On their own and is alot stronger weather proof etc... Then the tag along. We figured its still alot less than a camper trailer set up and allows for many different set ups and options and no towing a camper. Looking back We'd probably get 2 x RV 3's or 4 as that's all you need for a couple in each one but are very happy with our RV5 and as they are expensive and pack up storage is long whichever model you choose, may as well get the RV 5 and have the bit extra room.

Georgio007
Georgio007

Hi people , I'm thinking about changing to a rv5, but a bit sceptical as in Heavey dew situations does it get any at all , is there enough ventilation when it rains for that situation not to happen. Any info would be appreciated. thanks.

Regards George

Shane

G'day George, you won't have any worries here - your best bet is to buy the fly as well. That gives that extra protection, I use a fly in most cases. ( unless just set up for one night) The fly , apart from protecting your tent from sun / rain & bat & bird dropping etc will make your tent a whole lot cooler plus the small amount of dew that all tents will gather will be mainly taken by the fly. Here's a Tip: If you buy the fly it can be a little awkward putting it on & off ( I'm only 170cm - it would be easier if you were 180 plus ) so again your best bet here is zip it on & leave it on, roll your (dry) tent up with it on. Then when using it again its attached & just needs a couple of poles / pegs & your set. I hope this helps a little. Happy camping .Cheers Shane.

Roz
Roz

Will it fit in a car boot?

Nope

Nette

Has anyone had a pooling issue on the roof when all peak panels are in place.?

Shane

Hi, do you mean on the front awning ..? if you send me your email address I can send you a photo of mine set up - no pooling problems. You can get a little " run off" on the front awning at the centre of it ( lowest point) I use to put a bucket under it to capture the water that I in turn used for the solar shower. Another option I've used is to put a ridge pole on the front to spread the run off & give it a bit more strength. That works well. But if rain is coming & I need a little extra washing or shower water the capture method has benefits. Cheers Shane.

Nette

Thanks Shane for your teply.

The pooling issue was to the right side of the awning toward the front edge.

To stop it by lowering the awning needed to be lower than the hieght of a child.

I was so disappointed with the tent I returned it and am looking at other ideas.

DiT
DiT

Why did water pool on the downside of my peaked side panel shaped roof? I thought the slope would have been enough for it to run of?

Bass Yabbie
Bass Yabbie

If you tighten the peak by pushing up the poles tight the water should run off. Also, always buy a fly with your main Oz tent room. We attached it and just left it on since, it rolls up when you want and folds away, no need to ever take it off.

andrew

Can you zip the RV5 directly to a foxwing awning?

Shane

Hi Andrew, I'm not sure what a fox wing awning is ...? if its a waning off your 4WD - No I would assume not. Best check with Oztent or a distributor

Shanamasha
Shanamasha

You can zip both rv5 and tag along onto a fox wing.

andrew

The tagalong isnt a stand alone tent though so no good for a home base setup while touring during the day

Rhett O.
Rhett O.

Hi Andrew

Did you find a solution? The awning of the RV5 fits straight to the fox wing. Question I have is being able to use the fly zipper to better secure the fox wing without ropes.

Rick
Rick

Do you need to season the oztent before use?

ASH
ASH

Yes you need to spray the canvas with water.

Happy
Happy

What is the length of the single room 22kg tent in its carry bag?

davtor
davtor

Hi Happy,

The soft bag is approximately 2m long with the tent inside.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for OzTent? Claim your listing.