Oztrail Deluxe Gazebo

Oztrail Deluxe Gazebo (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Outdoor Furniture Products in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Alex H

Alex HIpswich

Destroyed beyond repair by one wind gust

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Andy

AndyBrisbane

perfect and good value - easy to erect and does what its supposed to do

Great value for money - easy to erect by one person, easier with two, a breeze with four. Provides good shade, variable height adjustment, does what it is supposed to do. Getting the cover back in the bag - never managed it with any tent I've bought without some patience and careful folding. Goes in with care and tenacity though.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Bass Yabbie

Bass YabbieAshwood

Our Gazebo has withstood full weather brilliantly however the new Portico addition pools badly

We are able to set ours up slowly with just two people a little at a time...we repaired a rip with a simple glued small square of fly material from an old tent. The new Portico, although we love the extra space (it is like a whole extra tent out the back) has a design flaw....water pools easily and badly in it...we have jury rigged it with a tarp over it but it a fundamentally bad design flaw. Oz Trail need to add an extra pole across the top...

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Still Easy to erect after 5 years

Our 3x3 deluxe gazebo has been great yes 2 or 3 people to put it up easier but I can do it by myself albeit slowly.. All in all its really good ours gets used regularly and is put away after use..Comon sence says you don't use it in windy/gusty weather or large rain events, though we've used ours in the rain. Dry before storing ...
Great Product

Date PurchasedJun 2011

tiggy234AU

Buy from a camping store not a discount store.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Deluxe 6mx3m Nothing Deluxe About It..

Date PurchasedMar 2017

SamAdelaide

SamAdelaideAdelaide

Very bad product

I bought my 3x3 oztrail gazebo 2 days before Christmas 2016 from BigW in Adelaide. However, by 17 of January 2017, my gazebo has collapsed. So, it didn't last for even one month.

To conclude, although the canopy is fine, the frame is very very weak and can't handle friendly wind or showers.

I am now trying to find a better product somewhere else.

By the way, I am willing to support my review with evidence such as receipt and pic of the product.

Never again from Oztrail..

Sam

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Oztrail - have gone off the rails

Oztrail standard gazebo. We bought our gazebo a good few years ago and has withstood serious camping in all weathers. In due course we needed and bought a replacement canopy. Well, the replacement canopy is very poor quality and design. The Velcro straps which keep the rain from pooling are no longer provided, so the covering isn't taunt and the fit isn't as good either. I complained to the Shade Centre only to be told that Oztrail won't be fixing the fault and are discontinuing the Standard Gazebo (it is now known as the Fiesta). Don't buy anything Oztrail - the replacement items are substantially lesser quality.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
hokianga

hokiangaGippsland, VIC

Easy to erect with a few people hard by yourself.

Very happy with the product, we bought two for our caravan park and they are great, take about 60 seconds to erect with 4 people helping. Will be interesting to see how they wear over the next twelve months.

Do not buy this product....cheap and when breaks or faulty no warranty cover

Do not buy this product, the seams on the covers are not sewn properly and cornors come apart after a few uses, causing rainwater too pool, dye runs when it rains, bunnings who sell it dont deal with the returns you have to deal directly with them. If you do buy a cover buy white!

Bad purchase

Purchased my oztrail gazebo. Put it up to cover our ute. My understanding of a gazebo is a covering. Surely a little rain would should affect it.An umbrella stands up to more rain. Went away and when we returned it was shredded and the frame all buckled. Contacted the manufacturer and was to look inside the bag. On the tag it said not to be used in rain. Who looks inside the seam of bags for instructions. A total dud. Never again.

PeteB

PeteBnewcastle

Very disappointed poor quality

Centralian Alien

Centralian AlienAlice Springs

Gazebo failure

Collapsed Due to Ponding Water

I purchased the Oztrail Gazebo, it was easy to erect and in the sun it provided excellent shelter. In showers it kept the rain out but after spending ages making sure everything was tight and well pegged down the first night of camping we had a heavy shower and the thing was like a swimming pool in the morning with gallons of water trapped by the canopy. The water pushed out ok and I again tightened all the guy ropes and put extra guy ropes on to really stretch the cover and stop the water ponding, I really thought it was going to be ok as during the light rain the water drained off fine. In the early hours of the morning we had a heavy shower, there was a big crash and the thing had completely collapsed as it has ponded water again.

Harvey WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good Quality

I am very happy with my 3 x 3m Deluxe Gazebo. Took me and my wife about 10 minutes to set up the first time. Took probably 30 minutes to pack though and most of that time was trying to fold the canopy away into the back.

I am happy with the quality of the instruction manual, it even has details for fitting replacement parts, what is it missing though....how to fold the canopy. It was a really bad omission because it is a seemingly quite impossible task to get it folded back to how it was when purchased. I have to deduct two stars for that because now I have to carry it separately to the gazebo frame.

Paul Kelly

Paul Kelly

3 x 4.5m Deluxe

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Alfresco Gazebo

JR23Canberra, Australian Capital Territory

The perfect shelter

I always travel with my Oztrail Gazebo when were out going to dog shows, it's easy to set up and strong.
One day we went camping and I forgot to bring my tent poles and thought well try and sleep in the gazebo as we also have the inner tent kit. It was great no water came in and it worked as a tent
Easy set up, reliable, water proof
Heavy to carry

JR23

So the gazebo has finally broke after all these years of using it, it has served me well, it broke during a thunderstorm in pouring rain and very windy conditions!

avabg

avabgLaunceston, TAS

Does the job !

We looked into a gazebo for summer and found this one after researching online,this appears to have the best reviews,as far as assembly goes,it is quite straight forward,a 2 person job is quicker but my husband sets it up himself.offers great sun protection,only bug bear is the frame could be a little sturdier,a big gust of wind blew ours info our neighbours paddock and damaged it slightly (Tasmanian weather!) but otherwise a well made product.
Easy to assemble,value for money
Frame could be a bit sturdier

These are the only ones to buy. The 'standard' is to flimzy and the other brands ie spinifex are cheap imitations. The deluxe is easy to handle for an average height person, although if you are not used to lifting things be careful. they hold up in a gust of wind. around $200. How do they do it for the price.
easy to set up. waterproof roof, adjustable legs
not much. Don't like how they have changed the clip for the canapy from elastic to strap. Don't be to energenic folding out the roof frame

Customerasked

Are these meant to be non pooling?

Lynn

I presume you mean, does the roof of the Gazebo hold water.?
Even in heavy storms I have never had water stay on roof, or have to use methods to get it to drain.
So I am very happy. Also had tent
Erected in.bad weather and hasnt budged. Great for Seniors.

Customer

Yeah well mine is stretched out and fills like a bucket! Even dynabolted to concrete pad and guy ropes all tight! Guess i got the lemon but oztrail doesnt care!

Customer

Promoted as non pooling tho!

Shelby

Shelbyasked

What is the height?

sorry i havent the energy to look but must be 8mts

The height varies depending on which model Oztrail Gazebo you purchase and what height you put the legs (as the legs have a couple of different height variations). The 3m x 3m Deluxe 3.0 and Hydroflow Deluxe 3.0 Models have a maximum peak height of 3.35m and a maximum walk in height of 223cm

George M.

George M.asked

How do the vertical rails (hinged) fit to the gazebo poles?

tiggy234

The "frame" is all one piece, The support poles and roof support is all one unit, if just concertinas and pulls out and collapses as one large piece. Very easy to put up and take down. Just put the cover on before you raise the support poles or you wont be able to reach to get the cover over the top.

The Scissor Arm Struts (vertical rails) are secured to the leg (gazebo pole?) via a couple of plastic fittings and a couple of screws for each plastic fitting. The Oztrail Gazebo are all joined together this way so there is no need to assemble anything, just pull the frame out, put the cover on (when the frame is about halfway open) and then secure it to the ground

Get an answer from our members and OZtrail representatives