Oztrail Gazebo Portico Tent 3.0

Oztrail Gazebo Portico Tent 3.0

See the Best Tents in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Luraan

LuraanSydney

Great for extra space but not waterproof

Easy to set up and pack up. Standing height inside is a great plus. Spacious with rear ventilation windows. Used it a few times in sunny summer weather, no problems, loved it.
Used it this time in windy and rainy conditions and it failed. We got wet during the night and abandoned tent for car. It has no fly so get a tarp for weatherproofing. Over all a very handy tent in good weather.

Purchased in October 2018 at Snowys Outdoors Online store.

Portability

GeoffC

GeoffC

Good for the price

I recently took the portico tent out for the first time and for the price I paid which was $130 I thought it was fine. I don’t think I would ever use it without a tarp coming from the gazebo over the top of the portico tent as the material is definitely not waterproof. We are using it for short trips only and Have a 3 m x 3 meter tarp that goes over the top of the portico tent and it ties in underneath the roof of the gazebo. Quality of materials and zippers is about what you’d expect for the price. it may also be worth considering a similarly priced dome tent that would probably save the same purpose.

Bass Yabbie

Bass YabbieAshwood

Although the space is great it has a serious design flaw - it pools water badly at the top

Our OZ Trail Deluxe Gazebo has been brilliant but the new Portico 3.0 has a bad design flaw - it pools water badly and quickly - Oz Trail designers needed to have tested this before it went on the market. It is a shame because it instantly adds a while new tent out the back of your gazebo...the water will run down into the portico and pool and I won't be told I haven't set it up right as have been camping and using tents and tarps etc like this for 30 years.