Oztrail Outback Cooker OCI-OBC-B

Oztrail Outback Cooker OCI-OBC-B

4.3

• Preheating Speed
  • Even Heat DistributionYes (1) · No (0)
  • Safety

Adrian M.South East Queensland, QLD

Good little stove for outdoors

• +4Thumbnail

Purchased in May 2020 at Freddys for $299.00.

Smash B.

Smash B.Wimmera, VIC

Pretty decent

Well I don’t know about all these people saying not to use it indoors. I have it inside my oztrail chateau tent and it is amazing. Just needed acouple of tweeks to ensure it doesn’t spill smoke inside. I actually love the fact I have to pull it all apart to clean. It ensures all parts are running safely and efficiently. Only thing I would love to see in the future is a bigger window.

Purchased in April 2019.

MaccaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Almost Ideal cooker

Reason I only gave 4 stars the big thing it lacks is an ash release in the bottom, you have to allow it to go out and then remove the flue and 2 half grates and turn it upside down to remove accumulated ash with a bit of for thought and install a slide grate in the bottom it would be an excellant camping stove. Otherwise I can't fault it as a cooker in 4 months travelling in northwestern Queensland.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Charcoal BBQs

Find out how Oztrail Outback Cooker OCI-OBC-B compares to other Charcoal BBQs

Grant PVictoria

Absolutely all rounder for camping heating and cooking all solved in one swoop

Brilliant design and use of efficient cast iron for heating and cooking while traveling Australia easy setup knock down maintenance is simple needs storage box with purchase for transportation from camp to camp easily solved if handy with wood and tools
Just brilliant theses are

Matthew G.

Matthew G.asked

I have one of these that seems to smoke a lot. I have tried Redgum and yellow box. Can anyone reccommend how to reduce the excessive smoke?

Adrian M.

My stove pumps out a lot of smoke as well if it's runs far too hot & the air flow is fully opened up . Think it's just part & parcel of the stove being made from cast iron & you need to treat it a
little different to straight steel as cast can heat up & hold a lot of heat than normal steel stoves , much the same with cast iron cattle brands , you will have to play around a bit with the air flow & just keep trying you different types of timber & try one that burns a bit cooler, least it gets rid of the mosquitoes up here in the north Queensland ha ha.

debasked

Is this able to be used indoors, if I have a window open ?

Grant P

No i Wouldn't recommend using a weber indoors at all
They are not a sealed unit and fumes smoke and Carbon dioxide would permeate the room

Macca

It's not a weber Deb it is an outdoor wood stove with a chimney it is not suitable for using indoors
Regards Ian

Richard Ghalayini
Richard Ghalayini

Who uses weber indoors??

debasked

Is this able to be used indoors, if I have a window open ?

No Deb
It would be too dangerous and it isn't a sealed firebox smoke would permeate the room extensively

Macca

I wouldn't use it even inside a shed you would have to extend the flue outside for a start
It really is an outdoors camping stove

deb

Thanks Grant and Macca. Guy in the shop who sold to me reckoned would be ok if room vented. Glad I sought you out !!! He has since refunded me. :)

CategoryCharcoal BBQs