Oztrail Sportiva Lodge

Oztrail Sportiva Lodge

Lodge Combo, Lodge, Lodge Family

2.7

The ruined this awesome tent

These are discontinued but thought I would point this out. Due to the leaking issues with the lodge combo they produced a Full Fly version. The problem being that the full fly version removes 4 of the guy ropes so this whole tent now only has 1 guy rope on each corner which is no where NEAR enough for a tent of this size. The full fly version can collapse inwards in as little as 15 knots of breeze! Steer clear!

Not a bad tent at all!

I have used this tent more than 10 times, along the coast, in the mountains, in Summer/Autumn/Spring.
    I have two daughters and the three us use it with no worries. We have done the water proofing that's specified in the booklet supplied and we also used shoe water proofer to make sure we have water proofed it correctly. We changed the pegs to large heavy duty as well.
    We did break a pole, but that was in the early days of learning to pop it up. We can have it up in 10min now, have never had a water leak. We always make sure that the tent is facing the correct way. So we have never had a leak.
    We love this tent. We love the squareness of it. Which makes it easier to put up than the dome shape ones.

JaCaLBrisbane

Oztrail Sportiva Lodge Family Tent, Poorly Built

Tents

Find out how Oztrail Sportiva Lodge compares to other Tents

JoffBusselton, Western Australia

Two years later and still selling a leaky tent

And here we are, 2 years after the last review and still with the same issue. When it rains the window toggles leak. A great tent but can only be used on fine days. Thats not what we paid for.

I have just emailed OzTrail and will see if there is a result from this action.

There is one with a full fly

I did a bit of research after reading about the water problem and they have the exact tent but with a full fly
    Look for Oztrail Sportiva Lodge Combo Plus Tent. Product Code is DTS-LODCF-C

Colin

ColinSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not water proof.

Just got back from a wet holiday. We had the same problem. tabs on windows drip water into the tent and one of the bottom corners is leaking badly (will try to apply some silicone so it will hopefully work)

loz.olsson

Oztrail Sportiva Lodge Combo

Tents

Find out how Oztrail Sportiva Lodge compares to other Tents

Badly Designed Windows Leak

The sportiva lodge is a good sized tent, plenty of headroom but the side windows are a bad design. The flyscreen is on the outside and the protective flap is on the inside so that when it rains the water builds up at the bottom of the window then leaks inside the tent so everything gets wet. I tried explaining to kangaroo tent city and to oztrail of the problem but to no avail, they suggested the seams were leaking, but it is just a bad design. I have bought a couple of small tarps to attach to the outside, hoping this keeps the rain out.
    Size, Headroom
    Leaking Windows

Deborah

Sounds like you have the same problem as I do.

SUSAN
    SUSAN

I would be interested to find out how you go with Fair Trading. Going camping in 2 weeks, I will post a comment on how the tarps went.

Kiwijaseasked

Sportiva

Hi Joff we also got the the lodge combo without even realising it did not come with a full fly and are disappointed. Did you have to pay for the replacement fly from the combo plus ?

Hi,

We did not have to pay for the fly to be replaced, although they first wanted us to use wax to fix the seals. I explained about customers not having to fix product faults, and so they sent a spare part of the fly from the Lodge a Combo Plus at no cost.

Kiwijase

I rung the store I got it from and they said the fault you had has been fixed on those tents now. He reckons I would have to prove there is a fault to get a new fly. My issue is with not having a full fly lots of moisture comes in through the side walls and wets the bedding. To me this is a design fault with not having the full fly to keep allot of the water off the inner walls. They are going to talk to the Oz Trail rep and get back to me but we will be happier with the full fly and would have never got this model if we realized it did not have one. In fact we did not know they made tents without full fly until we put this up.

acampana

acampanaasked

Sportiva

Does anyone know if the Lodge Family or Lodge Plus have the same issue?

Joff

I don't know about the Lodge Family but the Lodge Plus does not have this issue. Further to my case, I finally got the replacement fly from the Lodge Combo Plus (full fly) sent to me, so we should have a dry camping trip come winter. Hooray!

Bec
    Bec

I've got the lodge plus that comes with the full fly and it's great. Doesn't leak!

JaCaL

Yes it does, It has the same window design at the ends with no fly to protect it.