P&O Pacific Jewel

P&O Pacific Jewel Questions & Answers

173 questions from our users

Ajw

Ajwasked

Can you buy alcoholic drinks to take to your room (6 pack beer/ bottle of wine)?

Mick F

Mick Fasked

Do they have KFC Or Macdonalds food on the pacific jewel

CLAUDIO

i wish they did cos it would be better quality than the junk they serve up

Easy

Easyasked

Are collarless shirts allowed in the evening

Skids
Skids

Yes, I wore T Shirts everywhere.

CLAUDIO

most assengers wear an nrl top so you should be overdressed

Maureen F

Maureen Fasked

I have left an item of clothing on the Pacific Jewel today. how do I get them back please?

Rachel Landers
Rachel Landers

Hi Maureen I’m not staff but a passenger however contact P&O I’m sure they have a lost and found department.

Daryl
Daryl

I dont want to sound too negative but doubt you will get it back, contact them and go through the process just in case but be prepared to not have it returned, my daughter had a very expensive pillow that she cant go without and of course she left it onboard, even after contacting them the same day we got off we still didn't get it back, it would have stood out to them as the pillow case was completely different to theirs.

R.Kate

R.Kateasked

Is there a Bubble Tea on the ship? My friend is crazy about them and really wants to know

Sara
Sara

Not that I was aware

KarenW
KarenW

Sorry I've never heard of bubble tea. So don't think so

Shuman

Shumanasked

Hi, has anyone been to Papua New Guinea with P&O? Any tips for off shore times etc?
Thanks, Shuman

Mezz

Mezzasked

Is there an adults only pool on the jewel?

Nick P
Nick P

I’m not sure about the Jewel, I haven’t been on that one yet. The Pacific Dawn didn’t have any adults only pools though.

nic
nic

Yes there is in the middle top deck

Hoffiesasked

If you have prepaid for gold edge pass can you use it as soon as you embark?
Also when you get a water from the bar is it from a plastic bottle or is it in a glass? Just asking to know if I will have a bottle to refill?

Pete
Pete

On the Eden I had water from the bar and it came in 500ml bottles. My kids had an Edge Pass. In your room will be a card, take that to the Edge area on the ship and you will get a cedit card sized pass. You can book your events the day before (possibly 2 days on port days). We could use our Edge pass on the first day, but go early to book a time slot and see what time the activities are. Also some activities (abseiling....not sure what else) are only generally on port days. This is due to safety guidelines concerning windspeed etc. Walk the plank has a wind restriction but my family were able to do it on sea days........abseiling, the wind was too strong. Go up and talk to the Edge team as early as you can - ours were super helpful

Sunshine

Sunshineasked

Will I be able to watch the block Chanel 9 Sunday night?

Hoffies

I’m assuming you have been on your cruise. We’re ypu able to watch the block?? We go next week and I wondering the same!!!

Tshilamoya

Tshilamoyaasked

Can you pre book a Meal at The Chef's Table before you sail?

Brad

Bradasked

How much water does the jewel desalinate a day?

Rossco
Rossco

I have no idea,contact P&O

Cher79

Cher79asked

First time cruiser, travelling with 4 small children! Besides baby food which I'm aware is fine to take, can I take snacks like chip's, muesli bars etc?

Buffyboy
Buffyboy

I cruised with my three grandchildren so I took plenty of snacks no problem at all.

Cjvirtue
Cjvirtue

Food is fine. Any drink that is not in a can cannot be taken including milk.

bjbear

bjbearasked

Just saw under prohibited items that you can't take plastic bottles, even water, on board. I take a "traveller" with me everywhere I go as I get a very dry mouth. What can I take to fill up with water and where is water supplied free of charge?

Gibsonts
Gibsonts

HI you can take a your own plastic bottle to hold water on P&O cruises out of NZ - just not commercially filled bottles of water, drinks and alcohol. Each guest can bring onboard a maximum of 12 canned drinks loosely packed in hand luggage.

Link to copy relating to this the below is https://www.pocruises.co.nz/plan/know-before-you-go/what-to-pack/what-not-to-pack

"As part of our commitment to the responsible service of alcohol and to ensure the safety and security of guests and crew, guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. In addition, the following beverage items cannot be brought onboard our ships:
· Plastic or glass bottled drinks (including water) and slab packs of canned drinks;
· Tetra pack drinks (including fruit juice poppers)
Each guest can bring onboard a maximum of 12 canned drinks loosely packed in hand luggage."

Ross boehm

Ross boehmasked

How much does it cost to use the steam room and sauna?

Sandsyasked

Does the Pacific Jewel have cider? Alcoholic drinks of course.

Gazza
Gazza

yes, Bulers on tap at two bars, in bottles at the reat
$8 schooner

WenBri
WenBri

I'm sure that i saw cider bottles in the fridge behind the bar when trying to decide which beer to choose

Simone

Simoneasked

We’ve booked a cruise on Pacific Jewell in January from Melbourne Victoria to Tasmania and Adelaide South Australia. Do we need passports? We are Australian citizens.

Marie
Marie

sorry Simone I couldnt help you there as we needed them coming in from NZ but not sure about this one

RaymondW
RaymondW

No passports required, just photo id like drivers licence.

Kookasked

Does anyone know the firmness of the mattress on Jewel and how much room is under them for a suitcase ? Can you use Australian and nz money on the islands in Vanuatu ?

minnie
minnie

suitcases stored on top of wardrobe, our queen bed on deck 6 firm & comfortable.
aus dollars or local currency only.

Kook

The mattress on the top bunk very firm and the room under the bottoms beds is enough to store suitcases

Jenny L

Jenny Lasked

Can you use cash in the casino?

Steve L
Steve L

yes and its a easier way to keep track of your money rather than putting it on your cruise card

Daytona P

Daytona Pasked

We’re about to go on our first cruise with our little one year old. He’s still on formula, and want to know if there is boiled water available to use, or do rooms have kettles to heat water up?

Lani J

Lani Jasked

First time cruising, can anyone pls advise which deck and (needing two rooms) cabins are best. Currently looking at deck 9 Oceanviews. Thanks