Pacific Mortgage Group

1 review
Cass

CassSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great service and Low rates

Christine did an excellent job processing the loan for my townhouse. She was very helpful and responded promptly to any queries. I would recommend PMG to my friends and family.

Application Process
Loan TypeSplit
Loan Start DateJanuary 2020
See all Pacific Mortgage Group reviews

Simon Casked

To those who have taken a loan from PMG, do you get refunded for the solicitor/legal fees? Or is the refund just for the application, processing/valuation, and settlement fees?

thanks very much!

John G
John G

Hi Simon, We were refunded the application, valuation, and annual fee… Hope this helps you.

Simon C

Thanks.. looks like they no longer refund the solicitor/legal fees ..

VKG
VKG

Are you getting Annual Fee refund as lender is charging monthly (In my case lender charges $10 each month so shall I expect $120 for the year or $10 each month?) . If the answer is yearly then shall I assume after year completes? Thanks

dimmyasked

I'm a bit worried about my application because of the negative reviews and that I'm nervous around money. Who underwrites PMG for the offset accounts, etc? I know I sound like a dumb-bum but I like the interest rates and conditions but am unsure about the fundamentals. How do I know which bank I'll end up with? Not that I care - I just want to know.

MG81
MG81

The lender that they used for me was Australian First Mortgage. Its not an offset account, its a redraw facility that they offer (similar but a bit different). If you do decide to go with them, just ensure that the rate you are told when you are given preapproval does not mysteriously change when you submit your proper loan application. I think its pretty dodgy that they can change the rate after you have been given preapproval hence leaving you little time to try to find another lender once you have bought a house.

Have you thought about looking at loans.com.au or ubank? I will be checking them out once I get a chance to refinance.

dimmy

Thank you. I'd originally started with Aussie but PMG was such a better deal. At least on paper.

Leon
Leon

Yes I have had similar experiences with AFM but when I told PMG I was unhappy John did my next loan at Mortgage Ezy. I wish he had done all of mine there. Great rate and its moved down with every RBA decrease and nothing has been too much trouble for them. maybe they get less commission from them but I would recommend you ask John to quote their rate next time.

MaybeBaby13asked

To the people who have taken out loans with PMG.

Have any of you found with the variable rate home loan that the interest rate has increased at all after commencing the loan???? (such as to say in a dodgy way)?? Wanting a loan asap but don't want to get scammed in the long run....all experiences welcomed!

Amused
Amused

No. PMG is just a broker. They use lending institutions who loan you the money. My mortgage is through an NAB subsidiary and so is my brothers ( another PMG) client. Once you have the loan settled you don't here from PMG again. AFAIK interest rates will rise and fall around the sane time as any other lenders will.

JJ1972
JJ1972

I've had a great experience with them. My interest rate is low compared to other lenders out there. I was recommended by a family friend who has been with PMG for many years now, his rate is still low even after many years.

MaybeBaby13

Thank you for your answers it is greatly appreciated :)