Pacific Mortgage Group

Pacific Mortgage Group (page 4 of 7)

Mikey7

Mikey7Sydney

Abused over the phone

Offers good rates, but I literally got yelled and screamed at over the phone when I asked a very simple question. He's fine as long as you don't ask questions.
Now dealing with another mortgage broker who got me slightly better rates.
Don't bother with this guy.

Cisco_D

Cisco_DGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't find Better Rates and Service

John was great. He was very helpful and patient. He guided me through the whole process and gave me a great rate that could not be beaten. He was very responsive to all my requests and the loan was finalised quickly. I could not recommend him highly enough. If you want great service and a fantastic rate then John is your guy.

Augustus

Augustus

Best investor rate and an easy refinance process

John recently assisted me with refinancing one of my investment loans. PMG was able to provide the best product for an investor IO loan in the market (3.79% no fee, IO investor loan with full offset). John took ownership over the application and settlement process making this a very simple process and an easy refinance. I was then refunded all of the valuation and application fees as promised which was a perfect outcome.

Some reviews lament about John's direct approach to dealing with his customers, however I didn't find this to be an issue. John was open and responsive to my questions and follow ups through out the process.

From my experience I have no hesitation to recommend PMG to others.

Vickie

Vickie

Rude, rude, rude

Excellent products and service

John has looked after all our lending requirements since 2014. If you are looking for loan products with market leading rates, then look no further. Always very efficient and reliable service on demand. Highly recommended.

Disappointment

Not a great experience. I didn't go any further after my first call. I can't rate them any better than this. Customer service wasn't great.

Outstanding Service and value

I've just refinanced two properties with PMG and can highly recommend their service. Extremely professional and no nonsense approach. These guys are flat out saving people money, so be prepared for a slightly different experience from this lender. Time and money is precious!

Garry

GarryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ridiculous and rude customer service

Called them to find about getting a home loan, have never spoken to anyone sooo rude over the phone. I just decided not to go with them regardless of their rate. Hope there was something as 0 star here. Never ever recommended..!!

Moe

MoeAdelaide

Very Pleased.

John gave me a fantastic rate with no sales pitch and no fuss. Just a very efficient and practical service which is exactly what I need with my busy schedule. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Mortgages made simple!

We have just signed our 3rd mortgage with John. He always takes all the confusion & stress out of the whole process. He makes everything so simple & straight forward, with amazing rates & products too of course! Thanks once again John

Bad customer service

I inquired few times online, hasn't received any response. So I gave my mobile to ring me. A guy rang and asked if I have a contract of sale? All I want to inquire us how to get a pre approval. The guy is rude and no customer service at all! Very bad experience talking to him! I think PMG should teach or enroll their staff to a customer service class!!!

michael

michael

Outstanding service and market leading rate

Pacific Mortgage provided a superb service experience combined with a market leading rate, its no wonder they are a Money Magazine multi award winner. I highly recommend John Khall who provided personalised, informative and highly efficient service on demand. My loan was approved and funded in less than 3 weeks which allowed me to settle early.

Calvin McMahon

Calvin McMahonMelbourne

Unscrupulously misleading

I've been a customer for 3-years fixed (I feel lucky for not fixing the rate longer) with Adelaide Bank. Adelaide bank was good and I would have just financed with them directly instead of going through PMG? PMG is the worst where customer Service is non-existence. Hidden arrangement showing attractive rates without delivering. In summary, they're in the game to make money from you through refinancing more frequent that you need (mainly because their loan recommendation are structured to force you to refinance). The cost you need to pay can be avoided in the short and long term by taking them out of the equation. My advice, don't even consider.

Jono

JonoSydney

Great low rate and best service

Spoke to sales guys.
He was very quick to come back to me.
Refinance was done with ease. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Woah! don't ask for clarification...

The Head of Sales is fast and efficient until you ask for clarification. I questioned the monthly repayment amount, as to why I was given one, lesser amount when making enquiries and another when further documents came back. As far as I am concerned, if I proceed with an application that is not the same as signing on the dotted line for a home loan contract. He's quick to cancel the application when questioned.

Kamil

KamilSydney

great rates

Great rates that others couldn't match which is why I'm a customer and will continue to be. Very fast service.

Fast service, great rates, highly flexible and easy to do business with

Was surprised to read some negative reviews as they are very different to my experience. I found John Khall to be excellent. Always rang or answered emails straightaway, was pleasant and polite, and brought paperwork to me so was very time efficient and easy. I have taken four loans through him now (I found PMG because of a positive Canstar review on the internet) and would not hesitate to use him again.

Kathryn

KathrynSydney, NSW

The rudest broker I have ever talked to

OUTSTANDING service from Christine at PMG

I spoke to Christine at PMG and her service was OUTSTANDING! She was happy to answer questions, explain areas of uncertainty and more importantly realised that this was a large purchase. Christine knows that her clients don't do this everyday and may need things explained to them more than once. Nothing was too much for her, even answering questions after hours - clearly she goes above and beyond! Christine always made sure I was kept informed asking me if I wanted to know everything that was going on good/bad? Or, did I only want to know once things were complete?

Thank you Christine you and my solicitor made this an easy purchase. I hope to use your services again!

LEP

LEPSunshine Coast

Great rates & efficient service

We used Pacific Mortgage Group to finance our upcoming build. From day 1, Christine was very professional and helpful. She was always available, and very attentive to our questions - even helping out after hours. I have since recommended the company to friends, and would use them again.

See all Pacific Mortgage Group reviews

Simon Casked

To those who have taken a loan from PMG, do you get refunded for the solicitor/legal fees? Or is the refund just for the application, processing/valuation, and settlement fees?

thanks very much!

John G
John G

Hi Simon, We were refunded the application, valuation, and annual fee… Hope this helps you.

Simon C

Thanks.. looks like they no longer refund the solicitor/legal fees ..

VKG
VKG

Are you getting Annual Fee refund as lender is charging monthly (In my case lender charges $10 each month so shall I expect $120 for the year or $10 each month?) . If the answer is yearly then shall I assume after year completes? Thanks

dimmyasked

I'm a bit worried about my application because of the negative reviews and that I'm nervous around money. Who underwrites PMG for the offset accounts, etc? I know I sound like a dumb-bum but I like the interest rates and conditions but am unsure about the fundamentals. How do I know which bank I'll end up with? Not that I care - I just want to know.

MG81
MG81

The lender that they used for me was Australian First Mortgage. Its not an offset account, its a redraw facility that they offer (similar but a bit different). If you do decide to go with them, just ensure that the rate you are told when you are given preapproval does not mysteriously change when you submit your proper loan application. I think its pretty dodgy that they can change the rate after you have been given preapproval hence leaving you little time to try to find another lender once you have bought a house.

Have you thought about looking at loans.com.au or ubank? I will be checking them out once I get a chance to refinance.

dimmy

Thank you. I'd originally started with Aussie but PMG was such a better deal. At least on paper.

Leon
Leon

Yes I have had similar experiences with AFM but when I told PMG I was unhappy John did my next loan at Mortgage Ezy. I wish he had done all of mine there. Great rate and its moved down with every RBA decrease and nothing has been too much trouble for them. maybe they get less commission from them but I would recommend you ask John to quote their rate next time.

MaybeBaby13asked

To the people who have taken out loans with PMG.

Have any of you found with the variable rate home loan that the interest rate has increased at all after commencing the loan???? (such as to say in a dodgy way)?? Wanting a loan asap but don't want to get scammed in the long run....all experiences welcomed!

Amused
Amused

No. PMG is just a broker. They use lending institutions who loan you the money. My mortgage is through an NAB subsidiary and so is my brothers ( another PMG) client. Once you have the loan settled you don't here from PMG again. AFAIK interest rates will rise and fall around the sane time as any other lenders will.

JJ1972
JJ1972

I've had a great experience with them. My interest rate is low compared to other lenders out there. I was recommended by a family friend who has been with PMG for many years now, his rate is still low even after many years.

MaybeBaby13

Thank you for your answers it is greatly appreciated :)