Pacific Mortgage Group

Pacific Mortgage Group

• Loan TypeFixed Rate (1) and Variable Rate (2)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness

Beware of this company - aggressive, rude and arrogant

It's pretty rare to encounter sales people who exhibit the horrendous service, explosive aggression and air of arrogance that these people exhibit. I would suggest people are wary of this company because if this is their 'service' during presales, I can only imagine how bad it is after the sale. I'll be making further complaints to the relevant regulators.

Application Process
Loan TypeVariable Rate

Beware and stay away.

The worst ever experience I have had since my first mortgage application in 2009.
They promised low interest and then try to sell more expensive product. The sales representative’s behavior was inappropriate very aggressive and rude. Excessive amount of verbal pressure, repetitive phone calls and unnecessary or duplicated documents were required every single day even not related to this service (eg my contacts with Alinta energy or insurance companies etc).
Two weeks were completely wasted with these guys. Application was cancelled due to excessive pressure and rude and inappropriate behavior of Sales representative. Upon application cancelation he even demanded to pay “evaluation fee”.
Beware and stay away.

Loan TypeFixed Rate

Stay Away!!! Do Not Use Them!

Application Process
Loan TypeVariable Rate

Terrible customer service

Terrible customer service over the phone. Extremely rude and unwilling to help. John is an extremely arrogant and difficult person to deal with.

Get out if you feel uncomfortable

[name removed] started yelling and calling late at night with demands (he won't put anything in writing) once we had put a lot of time and effort into the application. We stupidly stuck with the process for the cheap rates and because time was ticking but then the contract he presented didn't reflect what he had promised. If he says 'trust me' or don't ask questions then run...

Charlie

CharlieSydney

Customer service was close to verbal abuse

Ang

Angqld

Rude Phone Service Ever Received

I just call their 13 number and wanted to get more information on transferring my existing 3 mortgages from another bank. The person I spoke (male, he even didn't introduced himself despite my request to give me his name). He was extremely rude, non-friendly with poor customer service skills. I am in customer service myself and I was just shocked how he dealt with me. I have to say I've got an accent but it does not give him any right to treat me differently!

Terrible to deal with

[name removed] is the only person you can talk to and he is impatient, rude and aggressive. I looked up the complaints department as I wanted to lodge a complaint about him - he is the complaints department. I

Lassie

Lassie

Interest rate creep

Be warned, do not go with small mortgage lenders, go with the large banks. our interest rate started off really good, but ended up well over 1 percent over what was available with the large banks. We left the lender and left John, he couldn't care less.

Be warned

John was extremely rude, not kidding Would get phone calls from this man at all times of day with him shouting at me. There is lots of competition in this market, go elsewhere. Also was offered a cash back offer and he tried to get out of it, I got a phone call with him shouting at me again when I asked when my cash back offer would be paid. This man should not be in business

Mikey7

Mikey7Sydney

Abused over the phone

Offers good rates, but I literally got yelled and screamed at over the phone when I asked a very simple question. He's fine as long as you don't ask questions.
Now dealing with another mortgage broker who got me slightly better rates.
Don't bother with this guy.

Vickie

Vickie

Rude, rude, rude

Disappointment

Not a great experience. I didn't go any further after my first call. I can't rate them any better than this. Customer service wasn't great.

Garry

GarryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ridiculous and rude customer service

Called them to find about getting a home loan, have never spoken to anyone sooo rude over the phone. I just decided not to go with them regardless of their rate. Hope there was something as 0 star here. Never ever recommended..!!

Bad customer service

I inquired few times online, hasn't received any response. So I gave my mobile to ring me. A guy rang and asked if I have a contract of sale? All I want to inquire us how to get a pre approval. The guy is rude and no customer service at all! Very bad experience talking to him! I think PMG should teach or enroll their staff to a customer service class!!!

Calvin McMahon

Calvin McMahonMelbourne

Unscrupulously misleading

I've been a customer for 3-years fixed (I feel lucky for not fixing the rate longer) with Adelaide Bank. Adelaide bank was good and I would have just financed with them directly instead of going through PMG? PMG is the worst where customer Service is non-existence. Hidden arrangement showing attractive rates without delivering. In summary, they're in the game to make money from you through refinancing more frequent that you need (mainly because their loan recommendation are structured to force you to refinance). The cost you need to pay can be avoided in the short and long term by taking them out of the equation. My advice, don't even consider.

Woah! don't ask for clarification...

The Head of Sales is fast and efficient until you ask for clarification. I questioned the monthly repayment amount, as to why I was given one, lesser amount when making enquiries and another when further documents came back. As far as I am concerned, if I proceed with an application that is not the same as signing on the dotted line for a home loan contract. He's quick to cancel the application when questioned.

Kathryn

KathrynSydney, NSW

The rudest broker I have ever talked to

Couldn't get past John for minutes

OMG, read the reviews online - John is the rudest customer service person. What a piece of work. He says this is a fake website, but it's not. Phone John just to see for yourself!!!

Beware of John

Wowee, John from PMG needs training in customer service. John, if you cant communicate with people why would they do business with you? think about it!
Best of luck.

See all Pacific Mortgage Group reviews

Simon Casked

To those who have taken a loan from PMG, do you get refunded for the solicitor/legal fees? Or is the refund just for the application, processing/valuation, and settlement fees?

thanks very much!

John G
John G

Hi Simon, We were refunded the application, valuation, and annual fee… Hope this helps you.

Simon C

Thanks.. looks like they no longer refund the solicitor/legal fees ..

VKG
VKG

Are you getting Annual Fee refund as lender is charging monthly (In my case lender charges $10 each month so shall I expect $120 for the year or $10 each month?) . If the answer is yearly then shall I assume after year completes? Thanks

dimmyasked

I'm a bit worried about my application because of the negative reviews and that I'm nervous around money. Who underwrites PMG for the offset accounts, etc? I know I sound like a dumb-bum but I like the interest rates and conditions but am unsure about the fundamentals. How do I know which bank I'll end up with? Not that I care - I just want to know.

MG81
MG81

The lender that they used for me was Australian First Mortgage. Its not an offset account, its a redraw facility that they offer (similar but a bit different). If you do decide to go with them, just ensure that the rate you are told when you are given preapproval does not mysteriously change when you submit your proper loan application. I think its pretty dodgy that they can change the rate after you have been given preapproval hence leaving you little time to try to find another lender once you have bought a house.

Have you thought about looking at loans.com.au or ubank? I will be checking them out once I get a chance to refinance.

dimmy

Thank you. I'd originally started with Aussie but PMG was such a better deal. At least on paper.

Leon
Leon

Yes I have had similar experiences with AFM but when I told PMG I was unhappy John did my next loan at Mortgage Ezy. I wish he had done all of mine there. Great rate and its moved down with every RBA decrease and nothing has been too much trouble for them. maybe they get less commission from them but I would recommend you ask John to quote their rate next time.

MaybeBaby13asked

To the people who have taken out loans with PMG.

Have any of you found with the variable rate home loan that the interest rate has increased at all after commencing the loan???? (such as to say in a dodgy way)?? Wanting a loan asap but don't want to get scammed in the long run....all experiences welcomed!

Amused
Amused

No. PMG is just a broker. They use lending institutions who loan you the money. My mortgage is through an NAB subsidiary and so is my brothers ( another PMG) client. Once you have the loan settled you don't here from PMG again. AFAIK interest rates will rise and fall around the sane time as any other lenders will.

JJ1972
JJ1972

I've had a great experience with them. My interest rate is low compared to other lenders out there. I was recommended by a family friend who has been with PMG for many years now, his rate is still low even after many years.

MaybeBaby13

Thank you for your answers it is greatly appreciated :)