6Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

6Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze
3.5

56%19%25%
Brand Manager for Palmer's? Claim your listing.

Percy
PercyFalmouth
  Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

Just the same as all the rest!

I love Palmers cocoa butter cream so when I saw this advertised I thought, great! I bought some the following day. It's nice to apply and absorbs into the skin fairly quickly and at first I was very pleased with the smell, which was why I bought Palmers. But about an hour later I was hit by the usual terrible 'fake tan' smell, and I'd applied this nearly all over, I didn't expect the smell to change. I had to have a shower as the smell was annoying me so much, so I don't really know how well it works as a tan!
The application
The initial nice smell eventually changes into the terrible 'fake tan' smell!
Sayo
SayoDarwin, Northern Territory

Great for fair skin

Had been using Dove and Olay gradual tanner for the past 10 days and both were leaving a stickiness after applying and neither were gradually tanning at a good speed.

Bought Palmers a few days ago after reading a beauty blog and am really happy with it.

Easy pump bottle. No sticky residue. Nice scent.

only $10 from the supermarket. Great for high humidity weather/areas as it doesn't feel clammy after applying even when your sweating in hot weather!

I have a lilly white complexion and after just 2 days Im seeing a natural looking tan.

I can see why its so well rated.

Rebecca S
Rebecca S4 posts
Kayla
Kayla4 posts

Best gradual tanner

Love, love, love this gradual tanner. It gives you a perfect colour that is easy to build. Very nice smell and prefer this product over any other gradual tanner. Have not had any problems with it at all.

ECJ24
ECJ24Derwent Valley36 posts

Pretty good

Love the tan results but hate the smell !......I didn't have any issues with unevenness from this gradual tanning cream but I just don't like the smell. Might have to go back to this one though after failed attempts with other brands. Gives a nice natural tan look with out looking orange
Good results
The smell
Mhmmm Kitten
Mhmmm KittenSouth East Queensland, QLD83 posts
Vicky Allen
Vicky AllenCamberley

Fab product

I have used self tanning products for years and the smells are so overpowering especially at night and take a few days and maybe more for the colour to develop. However this product smells really good and goes off quickly and you colour up after one application. You do need to be very careful when applying, avoiding your dry areas or they will end up orange, for example your elbows and knees but then you do with any self tanning product. I always put moisturiser on those dry areas after and it then evens out the colour more. I would definitely recommend this product!
Inexpensive. and efficient.
Gilly67
Gilly67AU

Beautiful product

Palmers gives me a natural looking tan with no orange or blotchy covering .I love the smell of it and its a fantastic moisturiser that makes my skin soft.I am naturally pale so baking in the sun isn,t an option.I don,t need to re apply or the tan fades out a bit
Everything
Melinda95
Melinda95Sydney, NSW4 posts
Singtheblues
SingthebluesGippsland, VIC2 posts
Foghornclj87
Foghornclj87QueenslandAustralia

Meh

I'm someone with incredibly pale skin and I had tried the other Palmers Cocoa Butter Self Tanner which gave me an excellent colour and coverage but the smell was completely overpowering and soaked into all my bedding & even through my pillow case & onto my pillow.

So I saw this product and tried it in the hope that I'd get a similar result without the hideous smell. Well the smell wasn't nearly as bad... But the coverage wasn't nearly as good. The coverage on my legs was weak and blotchy and very blotchy on my arms as well.

I would only recommend this product as a product to maintain another fake tans. On its own it's underwhelming at best.
The smell.
Bad coverage, weak colour.

Lauren17
Lauren17AU2 posts

Good!

The most natural colour I have experienced yet! And hardly is streaky! The only problem I really have with it is that obviously the smell of sweat mixing with fake tan is always gross, but this one is exceptionally gross! I always just apply before bed and shower in the morning before going out! If you do this you won't have a problem :)
Great colour
Having to shower after it has absorbed! The slightest sweat makes the smell gross! Nobody likes a girl who smells like fake tan!
Lucy68
Lucy68AU

Stapel tanner

I love this build a tan! I like it because I can do a coat 10 mins before bed and it doesnt streak or leave my bed smelling like tan. My usually routine is exfoliate Sunday night, then apply the tan a couple of nights a week and by the weekend I am tanned and glowing! I recommend to all my girl friends and they love it :)
inexpensive, natural colour
(Like any fake tan) Watch your ankels and elbows
Pantoni
PantoniCHATSWOOD12 posts
  Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

Great natural colour and smells nice too!

Ive tried a few fake tanners and I'll be sticking with this one. It smells nice, its easy to rub in and leaves your skin moisturised too. The usuals apply, exfoliate first and put moisturiser on dry skin like feet, ankles and knees. Then apply the tanner. I put it on at night and bu the morning i have a nice even natural brown tan.... NOT orange!
Cheap as chips, available at all major supermarkets, nice colour, even application, and nice smell.
the usual common sense is required when using fake tanner, remember to wash your hands after.
Shannf
ShannfAU3 posts

Hmmmm

I've always been a fan of palmers products so I thought I'd give this a go. It's great because is stronger than most gradual tanners. It also leaves skin feeling soft as it contains the original cocoa butter. However I found the smell to be horrible... It's smells like a 100 year couch that's been sitting in an pop shop. I also found it to be a bit too orange for my liking. It went especially orange around the knees and ankles.
Leaves skin soft, works fast.
Smell, looked orange aswell
Vicky23
Vicky23London
Chris
Chris
Self-Tanning Products

Find out how Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze compares to other Self-Tanning Products

Luc07
Luc07AU15 posts
  Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

Not as good as I expected

A bit disappointed. After reading great reviews on here I purchased this product.

The smell was similar to other tan moisturisers, a sweet/sour smell. Quite strong when left on overnight.

Did 3 applications on arms and shoulders. Colour remained a weak yellow/orange colour. I have fair skin. May be suited better for darker skin.

Easy to apply, no sticky feeling.

Would not buy again.
Easy to apply
Not suited to fair skin

dorothybamford
dorothybamford

great product will use again and again

Harris15
Harris15WORCESTER
Jaan
JaanWestern Australia4 posts
  Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

Good but can turn yellow orange

This product is good. Just make sure you Only put thin layers on other wise it will turn orange and look cakey. Also it can leave your skin sticky of you over apply (as it is a gradual tanner it can be easy to over apply) Apart from that I liked it minus the strong coco nut smell.
Can build a natural looking tan if applied correctly
Has a strong smell
Maria77
Maria77AU39 posts

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

This was the first self tanning product I had ever used. At the time I didn't really have much knowledge on different self tanning products and brands, but now that I do I can say that Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze is my number one product for tanning.

It has a amazing smell, which makes me literally want to eat myself. It leaves the skin feeling soft and smooth, and doesn't give that sticky, gross feeling that certain tanning products will.

It really did give me the perfect tan I'd been hoping for and it's definitely the sort of product you'd recommend to a friend.
Amazing smell. Reasonable price. Makes the skin feel soft and smooth. Doesn't feel sticky or gross at all. Gives a beautiful, bronze tan.
Nothing at all!

kh1234
kh1234AU15 posts
  Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

Really easy to use and a good price. As it was so gentle, unlike other fake tans it didn't stain clothes or sheets etc. Although you can buy the separate 'face' product I also used this on my face and had no problems. I will definitely buy this product again
The smell is great, easy to apply and not as risky as other fake tans at it is so gradual, left my skin really soft and moisturised
Although the smell is better than other tans I have used it still does have a hint of that 'fake' smell. Takes a while to get a darker looking colour.
beautyqueen
beautyqueenvic, 3824228 posts
  Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

overall i love the palmers cocoa butter formula natural bronze self tanning product, the colour is great however do exfoliate but i think you need to do that with any fake tan, the smell is gorgeous and the price is great
i love this tanning lotion, it looks so natural, i was a bit scared to use it on my face i was worried i would look orange but was surprised that it come out so natural looking, the price is great, i love the gorgeous smell so no one will be able to tell that you are using a fake tan
there is nothing i dislike about this product
feekdee
feekdee3 posts
  Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

An absolute bargain for the value-great color, fragrance and application-in comparison to other self tanning products.Definitely worth a place on your bathroom shelf for a quick skin color boost. As with all Palmers products the moisturising effects, rich coconut fragrance and value prices are worth the purchase in itself.
Deeply moisturinsing. Coconut fragrance is delicious. The color is like that of a gentle days worth of tanning.I even use it on my face and I have very pale skin-and it looks very natural.
Better to use it on damp skin as some streaking if used on dry skin.
ains_lie_M