Panadol Colourfree Baby Drops

Panadol Colourfree Baby Drops (page 2 of 4)

3.5

Sarah23

Sarah23Newcastle

Worked well

I was pretty nervous about using this the first time but I found that my bub tolerated it ok. I like the fact that it doesn't have artifical colours. I would recommend it - the pharmacist said it was ok to use. Others in my mothers group are using it
Calmed my baby

hjg0883

hjg0883QLD, 4575

Bad taste

Baby Panadol tastes horrible. My poor baby was sick and unhappy and this made things worse. He wouldn't want to take it, which distressed us both. I'd recommend sticking with Nurofen. Nurofen tastes great. And my son is more than happy to take it when he was sick.

However, the panadol does work quickly and I'm happy the results of it, it's just the process for giving it seems to cause more distress than needed.

Tastes horrible

Vundaful

VundafulPerth

Bad taste = unhappy baby

playschool

playschoolNew South Wales

Works well

I am happy with the results of Panadol colourfree baby drops. I always use it for my son whenever he has fever and this panadol always relieves him.It always relieves pain and fever after immunizations as well. My son's maternal nurse recommended it to us and since then we are using it and happy with it. Its easy to measure and it allows me to give right dosage to my son. My son has sensitive skin and i have never noticed any adverse effect with it. Its gentle on the tummy as well and keeps fever away.
Always works well for my son.
Haven't experienced anything wrong.

BelMarDom

BelMarDomAU

Don't go there!

My 8 month old will not take any medication without a colossal fight as he is scared by the taste of the Panadol.this has made teething & an ear infection a bit of a nightmare as we're struggling to get antibiotics into him. The syringe dispenser is also difficult to use. I am a nurse & very familiar with syringes yet found more often than not some of the medication ended up on me, on the furniture or on the other side of the room. There are substitutes - Dymadon paracetamol, chemist's own paracetamol...
Appeared to reduce pain
Taste & dispenser

Concerned.
Concerned.

I have never had a problem dispensing this to my child who is now 4 years old, and I am not a nurse. How on earth could it end up over the furniture or the other side of the room. I would worry having you tending to me in hospital!

jessiekat

jessiekat

Terrible

Both of my children preferred the taste of the Dymadon paracetamol. It is much less stressful to administer something when the children actually like it. As far as I can tell, both brands are equal in pain relief & in bringing down a fever.
Brings down fever
Good marketing campaign & stores stock it - everyone seems to be aware of it
The children hated the taste of it & refused to take it without a struggle.

ozzyturn

ozzyturnNSW, 2074

Terrible

We use another brand of paracetamol either chemist own brand or dymadon as whatever the suspension is in panadol causes both my boys to vomit it back up. Also applicators/bottles of other brands are more user friendly.
Its Paracetamol
Both my kids vomit it back up

OPL09

OPL09

Terrible

Would not buy this product again. Have found orange flavoured paracetamol ( dymadon) to be much better tolerated. My friends child asks for more of dymadon so they obviously have done sometime right with the flavour.
Can be used from 1 month
My baby really dislikes this product and will vomit it back up. Once vomited up it's hard to tell how much they have taken and you are left with having to wait 4-6 hours until you can use another product.

AL2011

AL2011AU

It Works

I don't like giving children medication, but when you have a child in pain this stuff does really work. Adult panadol just doesn't have the same effect on adults than what this does on children and infants. I have however read that using panadol on a child under one year increases their risks of developing asthma later in life. Whether or not this is correct is a matter for further study no doubt, but I would discuss this with your GP prior to administering on your child where you have asthma in the family.
It works as advertised, is east to administer if you are quick.
Can be difficult to administer where you have a fussy child, is very sticky liquid so try not to spill it.

sarahmelissa

sarahmelissaAU

Good

I love this product, it has helped me out in the middle of the night when my child has had a fever or was suffering from teething pain. It provides fast relief and is easy to use. I find getting the correct dosage right very easy to do.
This product is inexpensive and very easy to get a hold of, it gives fast and effective relief for fevers and teething pain in young children. It comes with an easy to use applicator to make giving the dose easy to do.
I have no cons to report on this product, it has always worked for me.

mundpets

mundpetsAU

Good

The taste is really strong that my 13 month old will not take it but I have never had a problem with my other kids taking it. It can also be given at 2 months instead of 6 months like nurofen
can give with nurofen
kids hate the taste

IHATEPUMPKIN

IHATEPUMPKINSydney, NSW

Bad

Through numerous teething and colds i don't find that it lasts as long a nurofen. It is good however as it can be alternated every two hours with nurofen if fevers and teething is uncontrollable
Can be used as an alternative to nurofen for babies
Don't find that it lasts very long. Baby hates the taste! (i've tasted it and it really tastes like poison)

skivvy01

skivvy01WA, 6162

Panadol has always been great for bringing down a fever in my boy. We have used it when he has a cold, teething or an ear ache. On the occasions when I can tell there was something wrong with my little boy beyond normal tired grumpiness I know I can give him some panadol and it is a safe way to relieve his discomfort. I've always used panadol with my boy, I've never tried neurofen for children as Panadol has always inspired confidence in being safe and gentle for children and babies.
Childrens Panadol is an effective pain and fever reliever. It is a trust worthy brand, gentle on stomachs and can be used from a young age. It is easy to administer.

kaf23

kaf23

The fact that this product is safe for babies as young as one month old as well as that it can be taken without food makes me feel more confident when using this product on young children. I have always found this product to be very effecrive in relieving pain and bringing temperature down and trust the product and the brand - this is so important when dealing with little ones when they are sick.
I like that this product comes with a dropper too - for easy administration.
This baby panadol is safe for babies even as young as one month - and can be taken on an empty stomach.
Can't think of anything negative about this product.

Lucy_Lou

Lucy_Lou

This is an extremely effective product and has been a lifesaver for our 11 month old daughter who currently has a cold and middle ear infection. Although she hates the administration, it works rapidly and the improvement is quickly apparent. It is reassuring to know that such a simple medication can be so helpful for babies when they are sick as the little bodies do not tolerate alot of medications easily.
Gentle yet effective pain relief for babies. Now comes in a handy plastic case to store both the syringe and bottle - very convenient when rummaging through the medicine cabinet in the middle of the night.

beautyqueen

beautyqueenvic, 3824

Good

overall its a great product which the kids like due to the taste, i use to use nurofen when my daughter was younger but she developed asthma so i had to switch to panadol which is ok for kids with asthma. the only thing that annoys me is that it only lasts for 3 or 4 hours so doesnt last all night therefore kids wake up through the night
i found this very affective for my daughter who cant have nurofen due to her asthma, helps reduce fever, tastes good so kids like it
only last 3-4 hours so doesnt last all night unfortunately but thsts the only bad thing

bindy01

bindy01

This product provides excellent pain relief when my baby is teething or has a fever. Is Ibrofen free which appeals to me. Highly recommended.
Fast pain relief, works really well when my baby is teething. She likes the taste and the syringe makes measuring the dosage really easy. Good value for money.
The bottles are too small.

Pinky101

Pinky101

OK

Panadol is a well known brand and for babies it is pretty good. I would stop buying it once they are old enough for the other Panadol, which is 12 months I think, as the baby one is way more expensive for essentially the same product. For teething I have found natural treatments from health shops much better than Panadol. This is good to have on hand when they are little and you don't know what's wrong.
It's gentle enough for babies and works well for temperatures etc...
I did not find it to be the most effective medication for teething

Kblum0415

Kblum0415

happy_life

happy_lifeQLD, 4817

I only use this brand of pain reliever now because my child has a bleeding disorder that mean she cant have ibuprofen, however we find it is great. I have had some trouble with spilling in the middle of the night, however that is my fault, I just wish it had a better spill proof type of top on it.
It brings down a fever and takes away pain quickly. It's gentle on empty tummies, and my daughter likes the taste.
They could look at the design for the opening of the bottle. There is a leading competing brand that has a wonderful spill proof bottle. I've twice now spilled an entire bottle on the floor by trying to fill a syringe with a clingy sick child in my arms.

See all Panadol Colourfree Baby Drops reviews