Panadol Colourfree Baby Drops

Panadol Colourfree Baby Drops (page 3 of 4)

3.5

shellfreak

shellfreak

Good

These baby drops are a must have when you have a baby in the house. We always have some stocked just in case. The drops are relatively easy to administer to a baby, but I have found that my baby did not like the taste as much as some of the other pain medicines out there for children. You do not get a lot in the bottle and if you have a child with a fever you will go through it quite quickly. The syringe is pretty easy to use.
The syringe is easy to use, the medicine works quite well.
The taste does not seem to be that popular.

tiseffies

tiseffies

Good

Bubba loves the taste of panadol and i have no problems there. It's easy when using the syringe because the dropper needs two go's for a toddler. I always use the syringe. Initially I let him have a little taste and then it's easy as for him to have the rest. I haven't tried other products yet as he's had no irritations or side effects and he loves the taste.
it works quite quickly most of the time, and bubba loves the taste of it,
he used to turn away but eventually started sucking on the syringe hehe
the bottle is not big enough, i have to stock up when bubba's gums are playing up or he has a cold

heytherek

heytherek

While my baby has never really liked the taste of this medicine, the applicator is small enough to get into babies mouth without too much hassle. I have found that this has worked to help reduce fevers or just to make baby more comfortable when in pain.
I have found the baby drops do work and quite quickly, especially if you are dealing with teething issues or a fever.
The taste is not as appealing to babies as other medicines like Neurofen. The application is small and harder to use as it takes a couple of attempts to get the right measurement.

barbarar81

barbarar81

My son has never spat it out (14months and teething) he very willingly accepts panadol. Panadol is very gentle on babies stomachs.
I find syringe is alot better than dropper
would be better if it came in bigger bottles. currently the larger bottles u have to give a higher dose.

pink_ladi_88

pink_ladi_88

not only is this a necessary addition to every household with infants its fast, easy to administer and very cheap. it is the perfect thing to add to gift baskets for expectant mothers or upon the arrival of their bubs because they will definatley need it!
i have had to use this product alot over the a the past 3 weeks as i have 2 little ones under 3. it is fast acting and while i personally think it tastes like vanilla acid as opposed to vanilly cherry haha the children love it! its very cheaply priced at our local blooms the chemist at only $5.25 for the 20ml bottle and considering that each application is roughly 1 ml its quite generous!!
none at all

tanyajane

tanyajane

OK

This was good for the early months. It tastes terrible and is really difficult to dose correctly. I found that the applicator needed to be replaced with a different one. I found that this did work and worked fast. It provided releif from teething and very high fever quickly and with reliability. I would recommend this for young bubs but was glad when mine could move to another brand.
Safe to use froom a very young age.
Hard to measure the exact dose. My baby really objected to the taste and would generaly vomit this back up- making me unsure exactly hat had gone down

beka001

beka001

I would always have a stock of this in the cupboard - it works a wonder. Dont know if its just my son but he seems to sleep for hours after he is given it.
Fast acting - my 9 week old seems to like the taste - lasts a long time - can use it from 1 month old and i trust the brand.
The applicator makes it hard to get the right amount, its jerky to use.

damienkristie

damienkristie

This product is so fast acting, especially if you have a baby screaming in the middle of the night. Only downfall is the syringe applicator as it is hard to measure liquid and you can't slowly put into the baby's mouth, it has a horrible taste but would use this product again and again.
fast acting
The syringe applicator is hard to measure the liquid and put in baby's mouth

holdenchick

holdenchickqld, 4211

Good

Overall, the product is great for reducing fevers and pains in babies quickly and safely. The only down fall is the syringe as it wastes alot of the panadol.
I have found Panadol to be fast acting for the littlies and last for quite a few hours reliving my kids of fevers and pain from earaches.
The syringe that this product comes with, either gives nothing or all the panadol at once. We had to buy another seperate syringe as my son kept choking on the amount of liquid in his mouth as a baby and it all came dribbling back out of his mouth.

fionainparis

fionainparis

rw2830

rw2830

Good

We generally don't use this brand anymore as I don't think my child liked the taste. We use a chemist generic brand as it seems to work just as well and it comes with a better applicator. Although in saying that we will make sure we have some in our cupboard when we have our next child as you can use it from such a young age.
It works and works well and you can use it at such an early age. It is froma a brand we know.
Don't really like the applicator. We use a different one we purchased separately.

Sarah09

Sarah09

OK

Mu daughter would vomit after she had been given this, I think it was due to the strong taste, I found that if I mixed it with a bit of water she could take it. It was very destressing seeing her vomit the first few times. If different flavours were available it would be a better option.
Can be used from an early age and the brand is trusted. Comes in a small bottle so none is wasted.
Has a very strong taste and my child did not like it and would vomit it up. The dropper was a bit hard to use and not easy to clean.

aml2009

aml2009

OK

I brought Panadol Colourfree baby drops for both my children when they were quite young as it was a brand that you were raised on and trusted. Although it did the job,both my girls did not like the taste of it and was distressing for both of them and my husband and I to get them to take it. We used it when we had to
Great that it can be used for young babies from one month, like that it comes in a small bottle so you don't waste so much
both my children hated the taste of it and was hard to get them to take it which was distressing for both the babies and my husband and i.

careypayne

careypayneQLD, 4670

kjp444

kjp444Sydney

Bad

For my second child I only used this once when he was too young to have Nurofen (which you can use from 3 months). There is only one flavour (cherry) and I know of several kids who just won't take it, so until 12 months when we can get the strawberry flavour I avoid Panadol
Can use from 1 month, familiar brand
As my daughter got older (about 6 months +) she didn't like the taste and would not just spit it out but bring up the contents of her stomach as well, dropper is a bit tricky to use and get accurate dosage

LJ588

LJ588NSW, 2756

when my daughter started teething at 2.5 months she didnt like teething rings because they wouldn't fit in her mouth and she was too young for teething gels so i had to give her panadol which helped lots. I haven't used the dropper dosage device so i can't comment on that but the syringe one is very easy to use and my daughter takes it easily.
well known brand, easy to buy anywhere, can give to younger babies, easy to use dosage device (syringe), good taste for the baby.
small bottle, but that can be a good thing for when you need to go out.

Sonreview

Sonreview

Good

A good product that does what it advertises - just a shame it is so hard to get into the children due to it's horrible, bitter taste.
Easy to measure and dispense.
A trusted, reputable brand and company.
Available at most pharmacies - easy to locate.
Great to give before immunisatons - never had an issue with too many aches or pains if given before.
Brings a fever down quickly and effectively.
My daughter absolutely hates the taste - after trying it myself I can understand why!
The taste starts out alright, but after a few seconds that bitter paracetamol after taste shines through.

tahliyah

tahliyahAU

OK

I only use panadol with my daughter when she has her immunisations and when she comes down with a fever. Id rather use natural products products if she has teething issues because i dont want to put nasty chemicals into her tiny pure body. Its avaliable in all chemists and isnt too expensive. My daughter actually likes the taste of the medicine so i have no trouble getting her to take it. The fact that its colour free is also good because if they vomit its not actually going to stain their clothes or anything else.
Gets a fever down quickly. Colour free and easy to use with the dropper.
I dont like using it alot because of the asprin and additives, id rather stick to something more natural.

qestra

qestra

OK

i feel that this is a very expensive way of giving panadol to a child generic brands are a whole lot cheaper with my grand kids i find out what the doctor has ordered in terms of dose and find a much cheaper alternative, if they don't like the taste i mix it up with a very small amount of honey
easy to give the exact correct dose, dropper is easy
this is too expensive for a cheap drug i also hate giving any one, but especially infants, products that contain a lot of unhealthy additives, artificial flavours and dyes

mrshowty

mrshowtyNSW, 2450

Good

This product comes in a small handy bottle so easy to take with you when you go away. It is readily available from pharmacies and moderately priced. This medicine, whilst it tastes awful, is very very fast at reducing babies temperature (within 30 mins). It is not as easy to dispense to your child as the other main brand, so it's a two handed job which is not often easy! Can also be used for teething as well as prior to immunisations. I have used for both and worked really well.
Gets the temperature down quickly. Colour free.
Taste is terrible!