Panadol Osteo

Panadol Osteo Questions & Answers

21 questions from our users

Rose Rasked

Is this more effective for migraine compared with simple panamax?

SuzanneR

No. This is used for Osteo, bone pain.

But my GP recommended GP recommended for migran

Frank S.

Frank S.asked

i take 4 Panadol osteo per day can I take a further Panadol optizorb for a headache

Yogi bear
Yogi bear

Yes you can provided you do not take it at the same time period that you take panadol oesteo e.g. after 6 hours from taking panadol oesteo. You may take 2 neurofen at the same time as panadol oesteo to see if it gets rid of your headache.

Marina Chandler

Marina Chandlerasked

I will be in France for 4 months. I take Panadol Oesteo twice a day. I have been told this product is not available in France. Could it be sold under another name?

Bigmick

Bigmickasked

Can I take some headache tablets if I’ve had two Panadol osteosarcoma as well

SuzanneR

I've been told no, but do check with your doctor.

Tedasked

Where is panadol osteo made ?

Liz

If not on the box/carton ask your Chemist

Ted

If you don't bloody know dont state the obvious .

Ramalingam J.

Ramalingam J.asked

Where can I get them in Sri Lanka?

Ask the company

Dundee D.

Dundee D.asked

Can you buy Panadol osteo in the UK?

No idea.

Ask the company

Dylan D.

Dylan D.asked

How long does Panadol Osteo last in your system? or how long does it take till it wears off?

Liz

It depends on a person's age so it is best to get the correct answer from your doctor or a chemist

SuzanneR

Depends on how long you have been taking it for.

Fired Up

I would not rely on a response from a public forum... obviously

Micasked

Where are Panadol Osteo made, no information on the packet or on the explanatory leaflet

koolkanga
koolkanga

You are right, not really sure. Panadol Osteo is owned by GlaxoSmithKline a British multinational pharmaceutical company and tablets are sold in more than 85 countries. It only says on packet Australia & Auckland New Zealand, but I doubt it is manufactured in either of these countries. GlaxoSmithKline has R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China, so my guess it could be any one of these countries.

Mic

Yes you are also correct, and it is not Aus or NZ, I suspect China which is why they do not indicate the country of manufacture...

SuzanneR

Since it closed down in France 2008, it is probably made in China or India. As most medications are these days.

mallymuffasked

Has anyone bought Panadol Osteo caplets with the old packaging (i.e. the easier one). If yes, would they email the use by date on the box please.

Al P.

Al P.asked

I’ve been having bad headaches since I’ve been taking Panadol osteo. Is this one of the side effects or is it just a coincidence?

Smurfie
Smurfie

Panadol Osteo has a slightly higher dose of paracetamol than the normal Panadol tablets (665mg versus 500mg per tablet), but it releases some of this active ingredient over a longer time period. If you got relief using regular paracetamol, maybe this slow release is not giving you sufficient dosage when you first take them. You could try taking one of each type to see if the slightly higher dose of regular acting Panadol has the desired effect. Or you could try using one of the "fast acting" types now available. I'd ask your pharmacist what's best for your needs.

Dave r.
Dave r.

Can you safely take normal Panadol after the 6-8 hour scope of having Panadol osteo?

Rex

Rexasked

Can i take panadol osteo for stomach aches?

mallymuff

Hi Rex, I take this specifically for osteoarthritis as the name suggests, and I'd urge you see a doctor if you have a stomach ache, it is best to have it explored. I wish you well.

Katie

Katieasked

I am wondering if the makers of paradol osteo are planning to change the packaging back to the way it was?
I find it very hard to remove the medication from the pack with the paper covering added and have resorted to using a knife to cut them out - very unsafe, I know. Did the manufacturers stop to think that people with arthritis in their hands would need to access their product?!

mallymuff

Katie, like you I wondered the same thing and actually emailed GSK telling them the problem. I was heartened when they answered that they are considering changing the packaging to make it easier for people like us to access the tablets. So I'm waiting . . . .

rose

roseasked

does panadol osteopath help inflammation in arthritus?

mallymuff

Hi Rose, my experience with these tablets is that they help the pain a little, that could mean the inflammation lessens some, but I'm never without pain. I think they are (for me) the best of a bad lot. best wishes

Caroleblackman

I have taken Oesteo panadol for around 1 year and no pain at all. Just completed the Camino and no pain

gwenasked

Giving me cramping in my stomachs.Have stop taking them 12hrs ago.A lot of belly pain and wind pain.Is this normal?

Hi Gwen
I have not had any pain in my stomach at all. Maybe you need to take more water when taking a tablet. Check with pharmacist.

Hello Gwen
What you are experiencing doesn't sound right, it is a couple of days now since you have stopped taking the tablets, are you feeling any better? if so I'd be cautious about taking them again and have a word with my Dr or pharmacist too. I haven't experienced this. good luck.

gwen

Thank you.I have stopped taking Panadol osteo for now and symptoms have gone away.Pharmasist told me to reintroduce slowly.If it happens again to see doctor.

Patsy

Patsyasked

I understand that there are no specific benefits of each type of Panadol eg Panadol Osteo for Osteo conditions. It’s the paracetamol that matters. My specialist told me just to keep on taking them,2 every 8 hours. Am starting to wonder about taking it forever. Even the directions on the notes in the box say only for a short term. What do you think?

Juliedaniels

Hi I've been told by my doctor there's no problem using Panadol Osteo over long periods. I have to say Panadol did nothing for my pain in my knee, but Panadol Osteo has totally cured me of any pain, so there must be a difference. As usual though, See Your doctor. In fact, if I were you I'd seek a second opinion to set your mind at rest. Good Luck!

ron

ronasked

Can I use panadol osteo for three months?

Maev....Sydney

I would suggest you talk to your doctor....The internet is not the right place to get safe medical advice.....Taking any medication...even over the counter meds...depends on your health issues...and whatever other medications or over the counter drugs you are taking....All the best...

Juliedaniels

I agree with Maev /tal to your doctor, however I would add mine told me its ok.

Jan

Janasked

Are you able to take panadol osteo with apixoban

Juliedaniels

Sorry Jan. I'm not a doctor or pharmacist. I can't give medical advice. Goog luck

Maev....Sydney

I take nothing new without consulting my GP....that includes any over the counter meds...even supplements...like vitamins...
Or at lease speak to you pharmacist... All the best.

Judy

Judyasked

What are the side effects of panadolosteo?

Juliedaniels

Ive had only one side effect and thats a bit of constipation. Most pain killers will do this. I think its worth tsking the Panodol Osteo as my my knee had been painful for years and I got complete relief. Taking a laxative is a small price to pay for pain relief I think. thanks

Maev....Sydney

None for me...everyone is different.....you should discuss any medication you take with your GP or Specialist...

gwen

I have had cramps in my stomachs nausea.I have stopped taking it 12hrs ago and I am getting lots of wind pain.

Pat

Patasked

Can it make you sleepy? Can it show blood in stool test?

Lyn
Lyn

I felt relaxed- I hadn't slept all night due to muscle strain. Couldn't get comfortable in any position and after i took the tablets - within 20 minutes instant relief but not over sleepy. I never had any blood instools.