Panasonic Inverted Ducted S-140PE1R5A / U-140PE1R5A (14.0kW)

Panasonic Inverted Ducted S-140PE1R5A / U-140PE1R5A (14.0kW)

2.6

• Heating / Cooling Speed
Lozza

LozzaPerth, WA

No Recommendation

Our $10,000 Panasonic Air Conditioner with a 5 year warranty failed just 2 months out of warranty. It has therefore cost us $2,000 per year to own this unit. I understand a warranty is a warranty, but 2 months out of a five year warranty for such an expensive item, with no help from Panasonic. I would not recommend buying this brand air conditioner due to lack of customer service. I would have been prepared to pay a nominal sum if Panasonic would entertain it, but they made no such offer.
The model number is U-140PE1R5.

Purchased in December 2014 for A$10,340.00.

chris

chrisWestern Australia

worst purchase i have ever made

I've had this unit installed for 2 years and it has never worked. from dodgy install from authorised Panasonic installer to the authorised repairer not knowing what is wrong with it had it checked by 3rd party for size and it is adequate for the space i am trying to cool. i cant run more then 3 zones the master room can't cool during the day. I am now asking Panasonic to repair by replacement to no avail. Will never purchase another Panasonic item again

Purchased in May 2017.

Room TypeLiving/Dining Area

SajimonPerth, WA

Honestly disappointing from such a big company

I got my Panasonic ducted reverse cycle 14 kw system installed by ford& doonan, through my builder, 2018, April 5.During first 6months it exceed my expectation, slowly from the summer we noticed it takes more time to cool, also system take10 to 15 minutes to start, after switching on. This winter heating function doesn’t even work properly. I called Panasonic call centre and they send a technician quickly.
He reported that 3/8 liquid line service valve is leaking need to replaced. It’s terrible experience from $14000 value equipment performing so poorly,

Purchased in April 2018.

Ducted Air Conditioners

Find out how Panasonic Inverted Ducted S-140PE1R5A / U-140PE1R5A (14.0kW) compares to other Ducted Air Conditioners

Wonderful system...absolutely perfect !

Purchased in July 2018 for A$13,000.00.

Home Insulation LevelAverage

See all Panasonic Inverted Ducted reviews

Attempt2

Attempt2asked

Inverted Ducted S-140PE1R5A / U-140PE1R5A (14.0kW)

Good morning, I have just had a quote to install a Panasonic Ducted A/C unit to my house, the unit is an S-140 (that's the only model no. supplied). I live on a Cottage Block in WA, size approx. 400m2, neighbours are very close. The unit would be installed literally on the fence line with the neighbours house approx 1-2 meters away (bedroom side). My question is; does Panasonic do a 'Sound Isolation box' such as the one Daikin does which lowers sound by approx 50%?. My concern is that I have this unit fitted and then only to have a complaint about the noise (which cannot be fixed)

Sajimon

I am not sure about that you may need to check with installer, mine is Ali 450m block it makes noise

maltese12

maltese12asked

Inverted Ducted S-140PE1R5A / U-140PE1R5A (14.0kW)

I have a panasonic outdoor U-140PE1R5A i would like to know how to clean the out side unit?

Sewsoau
Sewsoau

Hello Maltese12, I'm unable to offer you advice as my unit is new and I havent needed to yet. I expect that I will get it done at the next service

ClassicOldie
ClassicOldie

I assume based on the size of the Unit, you may have a double fan (top/bottom). Regardless, you will need to make sure that the unit, is free from obstruction all the way around. Make sure that there is plenty of airflow when the unit is operating. The fins that are located all the way around the back and side, need to be clear of any obstructions. There are good videos (youtube) on how to clean external units and keep the fins clear/clean and free from obstruction. Keep the area around the unit free of any dust etc, as this will be swept up in the wind, or while it is operating and get into the fins. Once the fins are blocked you restrict the airflow into the outside unit. Once the restriction of air through the fins are caused - your external unit - will be running in-efficiently. If you want more information please post.

rajenzed

rajenzedasked

Inverted Ducted S-140PE1R5A / U-140PE1R5A (14.0kW)

jjacer. Looks like you keep it running day and night during summer. Can you share what the imapct on your power bill (compared to previus years without the ducted system)?

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

Compare all 8 Panasonic Inverted Ducted