Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL

Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL (page 2 of 2)

MPN: DMRBWT955GL

3.7

• Recording Quality
  • Software
  • Reliability

Unable to do basic things

NOT a TIVO alternative. Can not pause live tv unless you are recording it. Can not pause a recording and watch another channel. Very bad control. To many basic hic ups to list. I believe that all the great reviews are submitted by Panasonic staff. Third Panasonic purchase. Tv is ok. Home theatre product the worst I have ever bought.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Gavin17

Gavin17Noosa Heads Qld

BEWARE - DOES NOT PLAY 4K DVD/VIDEOS - Despite 4K Badge!

Bought this unit and 4K OLED TV to watch 4K Videos as the clear BOLD 4K badging on the unit and tech data showed that it was 4K ...but it will not actually play 4K Videos as expected.....".cannot read this..."
I feel quite unimpressed by this deception and feel mislead by the Panasonic presentation and marketing information. Accordingly I cannot recommend it as a 4K device.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Briany

BrianyPerth

Can't live without it

Love the slick style and protection of the DVD player opening mechanism. Recording quality great with lots of options. Very reliable unit and it has NETFLIX

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Find out how Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL compares to other Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Isaac

IsaacCairns

Value for money, easy to use, 4K upscale

Wow this one exceeds my old Panasonic by far (DMR-BW880). Triple HD Tuner, 2TB hard drive which I can record 1000+ hours, 4K upscale, blu-ray recorder and media player. Record up to 3 channels and watch a disc at same time. Programming is easy with preview box in EPG. A must have for an all one one device.

maggiec

maggiec

It's early days but so far excellent.

We bought this a week ago so it's early days. Just some issues and maybe another reviewer can help me out. When we set a program to record, even if we don't choose the "Keyword" option, it records every repeat and every showing on every channel eg, ABC1, ABC2, etc. so you end up with 10 recordings. Also, maybe someone can tell me how to add time to the recording because a movie just squeaked in the other day and we got no credits. But apart from that I find it easy to navigate and a huge improvement on the last box we had which was a Topfield. When I've learned to drive it properly I'll report back. :)

emalee

emaleeSydney

Disappointed

Date PurchasedDec 2015
twitch

twitchsydney

Bells & whistles

Looks pretty, does what it does within it's capabilities.
Has an on/off switch.
Records programmes.
Tells the time & connects to the Internet.
I like the dvd tray, it goes in and out at command.
You can watch stuff anytime you like.

Colin52Perth, WA

Perfection and can use ext drives to expand teh storage

weng393

weng393

This is really impressive

Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

See all Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL reviews

Barry5163

Barry5163asked

I have a Panasonic 955Gl I notice it has some useless apps that I don’t require which I have deleted. I also see there are empty positions to download Apps but it seems I don’t have a choice to pick my own, if this is the case I find that to be disturbing, that you cannot download an app of your choice am I correct in saying this. Not happy Jan.

M P.
M P.

This Panasonic does not have a current browser so you can not load playstore and add apps through that. I have also been unable to load apps through any other browser. The problem seems to be that the installed browser uses http instead of current usage https and is considered unsafe and therefore not now supported. I too am unhappy with this situation and it seems unlikely that Panasonic are ever going to offer a firmware update to fix this. Annoying for a relatively expensive dvr.

Bid01

Bid01asked

I have just replaced my old panasonic with the new DMR-BWT955 and there is no longer any way to sort recorded titles or to change prog. type. How do you organise the hard drive? I cannot live with this chaos.

KK.

KK.asked

I am finding the recorder is recording double ups. You can't delete the 2nd one. Also when select record single time from the guide it is recording series.
I have used these machines for years, never had so many glitches. Please help.

Panasonic
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi KK, best to start with a factory reset. If you still have further problems, please contact our customer service team on 132600

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives