Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL

• Software
  • Reliability
Richard Ulkowski
Richard UlkowskiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!! DO NOY BUY PANASONIC!!!

Useless piece of crap and no answers from Panasonic technicians having reached out several times...avoid all all costs!!! Save time, money and your personal mental well-being and buy a different “reputable” brand with aftercare!!!

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $895.00.

M P.
M P.

I'd give a negative score if I could

Panasonic still sell this quite expensive and seemingly high featured dvr, but they have not updated its now very old network apps. The browser does not support the https protocols used almost exclusively now on the internet. This means you can not even update to a different browser using play store as play store will not accept login from an insecure, ie http, browser. So I can't get any of the catch up tv channels that want a user login because they too want https . This expensive pvr has other bad features. I regret ever buying this pvr and will never buy another Panasonic product again, and I'm happy to tell everyone what I think of Panasonic's contempt for its customers. The are many cheaper, better pvrs.

Purchased in July 2018 for $750.00.

mz1melbourne

Way overpriced

Sometimes when I set it to record programs it just flashes the red "rec1" constantly rather than actually records but the really annoying thing is the blu-ray player will not put out any volume on blu-ray series. No problem on blu-ray movies but nothing for the series. Picture, no sound. I've called Panasonic about this and they "helpfully" got me to turn the unit off and on about a dozen times and then suggested I take it to a Panasonic tech who is miles away from me. Useless! So, yeah, one of the main reasons I bought this unit and it doesn't even work. Won't be buying Panasonic again.

Purchased in May 2019 at eBay for $549.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi MZ, sorry we couldn't assist you but it does sound like the product has developed a fault. If you aren't able to take the unit into the service agent, perhaps you can post it to them.

mz1

You must see how redundant that is. It's done this since I bought it. When did it have its chance to "develop a fault"? And who's going to pay for the postage etc...?

Unable to do basic things

NOT a TIVO alternative. Can not pause live tv unless you are recording it. Can not pause a recording and watch another channel. Very bad control. To many basic hic ups to list. I believe that all the great reviews are submitted by Panasonic staff. Third Panasonic purchase. Tv is ok. Home theatre product the worst I have ever bought.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Find out how Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL compares to other Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Gavin17
Gavin17Noosa Heads Qld

BEWARE - DOES NOT PLAY 4K DVD/VIDEOS - Despite 4K Badge!

Bought this unit and 4K OLED TV to watch 4K Videos as the clear BOLD 4K badging on the unit and tech data showed that it was 4K ...but it will not actually play 4K Videos as expected.....".cannot read this..."
I feel quite unimpressed by this deception and feel mislead by the Panasonic presentation and marketing information. Accordingly I cannot recommend it as a 4K device.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

John K.
John K.asked

I registered an external hard drive, USB HDD 2TB, to my Panasonic DMR-BWT955. However, after registration the Panasonic DMR-BWT955 seems to kill the external USB HDD. The drive select says "No USB Connected". I could connect the USB HDD to my computer before but not after registering to my Panasonic DMR-BWT955. Cannot trust using another new external USB HDD. This happened to two new external hard drives. Very grateful for some guidance or a solution.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi John, Best to gave our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will assist you further.

Dianne
Dianneasked

how do i turn my tv off with the remote control. when i presss the tv button nothing happens. my tv stays on .

Stephen
Stephen

Hi Dianne I'm sure you need to program the remote to your tv brand they all have a code hopefully this will help you Dianne

Ian A

Hi, I run mine through an amplifier...this permits me to link: Open/Close the preferred units...

Terry
Terryasked

I have a 955 which worked well for a while. Now, programs recorded on the HDD will not play back. This was an intermittant fault at first, but is now chronic. Is there a fix?
TerryC

Ian A

It's a great player, however it doesn't play/not play if all is well. I would suggest contacting Panasonic Service Dept...

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Terry, please give us a call on 132600 and our customer service team will be able to assist you.

See all Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL questions

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategorySet Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs