Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL

• Recording Quality
  • Software
  • Reliability
Ian ASouth East Queensland, QLD

I have 3 three Panasonic PVR's...ranging from 500g - 1T - 2T (3 Tuners)

My progressive buying has been from $2000 - $900 whilst the weight and build quality has changed...my love of these machines hasn't wavered. The 3T machine (around 5years old) the first of its kind, is used everyday...wonderful friend! It has 'Never' let me down...

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Richard Ulkowski
Richard UlkowskiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!! DO NOY BUY PANASONIC!!!

Useless piece of crap and no answers from Panasonic technicians having reached out several times...avoid all all costs!!! Save time, money and your personal mental well-being and buy a different “reputable” brand with aftercare!!!

Purchased in December 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $895.00.

M P.
M P.

I'd give a negative score if I could

Panasonic still sell this quite expensive and seemingly high featured dvr, but they have not updated its now very old network apps. The browser does not support the https protocols used almost exclusively now on the internet. This means you can not even update to a different browser using play store as play store will not accept login from an insecure, ie http, browser. So I can't get any of the catch up tv channels that want a user login because they too want https . This expensive pvr has other bad features. I regret ever buying this pvr and will never buy another Panasonic product again, and I'm happy to tell everyone what I think of Panasonic's contempt for its customers. The are many cheaper, better pvrs.

Purchased in July 2018 for $750.00.

mz1melbourne

Way overpriced

Sometimes when I set it to record programs it just flashes the red "rec1" constantly rather than actually records but the really annoying thing is the blu-ray player will not put out any volume on blu-ray series. No problem on blu-ray movies but nothing for the series. Picture, no sound. I've called Panasonic about this and they "helpfully" got me to turn the unit off and on about a dozen times and then suggested I take it to a Panasonic tech who is miles away from me. Useless! So, yeah, one of the main reasons I bought this unit and it doesn't even work. Won't be buying Panasonic again.

Purchased in May 2019 at eBay for $549.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi MZ, sorry we couldn't assist you but it does sound like the product has developed a fault. If you aren't able to take the unit into the service agent, perhaps you can post it to them.

mz1

You must see how redundant that is. It's done this since I bought it. When did it have its chance to "develop a fault"? And who's going to pay for the postage etc...?

Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Find out how Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL compares to other Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Lou Symonds
Lou SymondsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Updated from my old Panasonic SD Twin Tuner

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $467.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lou, thank you for the detailed positive feedback. It is great to see you have been able to see the upgrades from your old recorder. The 1 second start up is definitely a great feature for those last minute recordings.

jessieinnewy51
jessieinnewy51Hunter Region, NSW

Good Performer but slightly Over Priced by some retailers.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jessie, thank you for providing such detailed feedback and information on how to setup the product. Great to see your good use of the operating instructions also!

TattzAU

Advertising Agencies Hate This Device

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Paula, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review on the product. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 if you would like assistance with the sync issue.

Three Tuners: the Way to Go

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Peter K
Peter KTaree, NSW 2430

Near perfection. Without something like this, watching commercial TV is plain impossible.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Roger H
Roger HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Coming to terms with losing Tivo.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Bumper
BumperMelbourne

Panasonic fantastic recorder.

This Panasonic DMR-BWT955 GL Blu-Ray Recorder is just great,it has 3 tuners which allows for more recording options, the editing feature is so good and easy to use, the up-scaling to 4K is also great, it produces a great 4K like picture. You can also set serial recording and so easy to setup from the TV guide feature.

Peter
PeterPerth, WA

This machine is almost perfect

Fantastic quality recordings, huge amount of recording space (2GB), plays Blu-Rays and region free DVDs. Recording through the Guide is so easy even Mon-Fri recordings. Can record three programmes at once. Be sure to update the firmware immediately on purchase, this solves a few problems recording through the Guide. Haven't tried 4K as my TV is not capable.

Gazzasbees
GazzasbeesAnna Bay

Excellent unit and has not missed a beat so far

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Unable to do basic things

NOT a TIVO alternative. Can not pause live tv unless you are recording it. Can not pause a recording and watch another channel. Very bad control. To many basic hic ups to list. I believe that all the great reviews are submitted by Panasonic staff. Third Panasonic purchase. Tv is ok. Home theatre product the worst I have ever bought.

Gavin17
Gavin17Noosa Heads Qld

BEWARE - DOES NOT PLAY 4K DVD/VIDEOS - Despite 4K Badge!

Bought this unit and 4K OLED TV to watch 4K Videos as the clear BOLD 4K badging on the unit and tech data showed that it was 4K ...but it will not actually play 4K Videos as expected.....".cannot read this..."
I feel quite unimpressed by this deception and feel mislead by the Panasonic presentation and marketing information. Accordingly I cannot recommend it as a 4K device.