Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL

Listing monitored by Panasonic

• Recording Quality
  • Software
  • Reliability

I found it a good machine ( I would have added a half a star, if I could)

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Monty, Thank you for your great feedback regrading our DVD-recorders and i will certainly pass on your feedback around the lack In/out puts to our engineering department for feature consideration.

Ian A
Ian ASouth East Queensland, QLD

I have 3 three Panasonic PVR's...ranging from 500g - 1T - 2T (3 Tuners)

My progressive buying has been from $2000 - $900 whilst the weight and build quality has changed...my love of these machines hasn't wavered. The 3T machine (around 5years old) the first of its kind, is used everyday...wonderful friend! It has 'Never' let me down...

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

lou
lousydney

DMRBWT955GL - transfer of data

Purchased in January 2016.

org8
org8-

Depends on what you want it for!

Purchased in June 2018.

Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Find out how Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL compares to other Set Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs

Ian Anderson .
Ian Anderson .Florey 2615, ACT

Disappointed in this unit especially as it cost so much and it's only two weeks old.

The most annoying feature on this unit, (apart from the cost) is that when you are using YouTube, ABC iView and other internet streams the picture appears to be shrunken or cropped with a surrounding black border of 2-3 cm depending on the size of TV screen. Mine is 40"/100cm. My $50 Roku box works so much better and I'll probably keep using it.

Purchased in November 2019 at JB Hifi Home for $669.

Graeme B.
Graeme B.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Hopeless for managing a video library

Purchased in November 2017 at Harvey Norman.

Lou Symonds
Lou SymondsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Updated from my old Panasonic SD Twin Tuner

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $467.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lou, thank you for the detailed positive feedback. It is great to see you have been able to see the upgrades from your old recorder. The 1 second start up is definitely a great feature for those last minute recordings.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.
Clara V.7 Dec 2021
jessieinnewy51
jessieinnewy51Hunter Region, NSW

Good Performer but slightly Over Priced by some retailers.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jessie, thank you for providing such detailed feedback and information on how to setup the product. Great to see your good use of the operating instructions also!

TattzAU

Advertising Agencies Hate This Device

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Paula, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review on the product. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 if you would like assistance with the sync issue.

Three Tuners: the Way to Go

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Peter K
Peter KTaree, NSW 2430

Near perfection. Without something like this, watching commercial TV is plain impossible.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Roger H
Roger HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Coming to terms with losing Tivo.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

mrpatto
mrpattoSydney

Great when it works

I love this recorder when it works. With 3 HD tuners I never miss a show and can watch all my catch up without adds. I don't know if it's just my one but every few months I've had to reset it as it's stopped recording. As I said I love it but could work better.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Bumper
BumperMelbourne

Panasonic fantastic recorder.

This Panasonic DMR-BWT955 GL Blu-Ray Recorder is just great,it has 3 tuners which allows for more recording options, the editing feature is so good and easy to use, the up-scaling to 4K is also great, it produces a great 4K like picture. You can also set serial recording and so easy to setup from the TV guide feature.

Peter
PeterPerth, WA

This machine is almost perfect

Fantastic quality recordings, huge amount of recording space (2GB), plays Blu-Rays and region free DVDs. Recording through the Guide is so easy even Mon-Fri recordings. Can record three programmes at once. Be sure to update the firmware immediately on purchase, this solves a few problems recording through the Guide. Haven't tried 4K as my TV is not capable.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

John
Johnasked

How long does the please wait recovery typically take?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi John, Its best to give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will assist you further.

Gerard F.asked

Hi
While watching live TV through my Panasonic DMR-BWT955 it sometimes turns itself off after 20 minutes or so.
It is around 9 months old and the problem about 6 weeks ago.
Gerard

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Gerard, Please give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will help you.

rover2427asked

I have a new Panasonic DMR-BWT955 Blu-ray Disc Recorder. Within the TV Guide, I am unable to see any ABC, SBS or Channel 10 stations. I can see all Channels 7 & 9. I have re-tuned the recorder without any success. The recorder is connected to a late model smart Sony TV on which I can see channels. I can select Netflix on the recorder, no problems. Firmware is 1.27 which I assume, is up to date. How do I get the missing channels?

Monty
Monty

if you have tried rescanning & have done so repeatedly, the only thing I can suggest is either resetting to factory default or unplugging the machine for at least thirty seconds and connect again (and rescan). Obviously if your are getting all the digital TV channels through the Sony TV, then this is not the problem. How good is your antenna cable to the machine? Have you checked this? I can't think of any other solution apart from seeking professional assistance. All the best

rover2427

Hello Monty. Why didn't I think of this: unplug the machine for 30 seconds. It generally works on anything electronic, including mobile phones. And guess what, it worked with the recorder. Now have all channels including music channels, listed. Many thanks for your help.

See all Panasonic DMR-BWT955GL questions

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategorySet Top Boxes / PVRs / DVRs