Panasonic DMR-HWT260GN

Panasonic DMR-HWT260GN (page 2 of 2)

MPN: 36376101

PVR's everyone should have one!!

User manual not bad to understand. Storage space ample. Recording quality is great. Seems to be reliable so far.
Haven't bought a Panasonic unit before, so still learning!! Love the thinness of it. It is a little different to our last one.
Love the series recording feature. Easy to set up and record tv programmes. Simple to play back.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good product that works (so far) as advertised

I purchased this product to replace an older Panasonic PVR (purchased in 2006) which had a damaged antenna input (the product had otherwise worked very well). My experience so far is very good.

If you are already used to a Panasonic PVR, the device is easy to use and navigate. The unit itself is compact. Responses times are good. There are a few differences from my old PVR, most of them for the better.

One of the best features is the Anytime/Anywhere TV feature, which allows you to set and watch recorded TV programmes from anywhere in the world where you have a reliable internet connection. I recently tested this on an overseas holiday and it works quite well. The Netflix and internet features are also well integrated and the response times are good.

Some of the recording options are restrictive (eg. for recording a "series" you are limited to vary the start and end time by 10 minutes, which is often not enough for commercial TV channels that regularly do not keep to their advertised schedule).

Overall, an excellent product.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Lasted 18 months

Worked great for 18 months then pop and a burning smell and it died. Could push for warranty but can't wait that long. Worked reasonably well when working but sometimes did not record. Will not buy another one will look at something different for the new one.
A a A

Date PurchasedOct 2015

A very good well programmed PVR

You only get what you are prepared to pay for. This unit is far superior to the cheaper versions on the market don't waste your money on anything less. After mucking around with a cheap poorly programmed unit for 12 months this unit is a dream to operate. From a 1 out of 10 to a 9 out of ten.

Easy to use and simple to set up - moron proof !

This is the second unit I have purchased in the last 12 months. It`s simple to use and has great quality recording. It`s only as good as the what the TV stations put on their guides and I usually add 10 minutes sometimes both sides (start and finish) as some channels (10 Melbourne) never run on time according to their guide.
Took me less than 10 minutes to set it up and another 10 to work out how to operate it correctly.
I also like the fact that I can punch a code into the remote control and it will operate my Sony TV (Just basic functions)
My first ever venture into HDD recorders was an early model LG which was total rubbish whereas this machine is a breeze to operate.
It has a 1 terabyte hard drive and I`ve yet to fill it.
It has no facility to playback blurays or DVDs or record onto them but nowadays why would you even want to as it`s obsolete technology !
If you want a basic twin tuner HDD then you can`t go past one of these units and a solid 5 out of 5 from me !

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Disapointed in the new Panasonic HDD recorder

I recently bought a Panasonic DMR HWT260 to replace my old Panasonic DMR XW350. I do like the ability to record a series with 1 click. The recording quality and ease of use are still good, however the new model has some features I do not like.
1, You can only download copied material to a registered HDD device.which can then only be played on the original machine. On the old machine I downloaded content to DVD which I could then play in any computer or DVD player, very handy when cruising the middle of the Pacific.
2. When selecting a program to record, I used to be able to adjust the times so I 2or 3 consecutive programs could be recored as one, Thus saving the number of recordings used.
3. When selecting programs the times cannot be freely adjusted by the user,but only by a pre set 10-15 minutes. With TV stations over running constantly it means I often miss the end of a recorded program.
4. The machine does what it wants, not what I want. A progam appearing say at 8,30pm on Wednesday then repeated at 10.30am the next morning can only be recorded at the first time, even if you select the second.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

This HDD Recorder DMR-HWT260 is a very smart unit.

I purchased a Panasonic DMR-HWT260 HDD Recorder Nov. last year to replace a Panasonic Blu-Ray Disc Recorder DMR-BW850 (which I have had for over 10 years and still going strong) mainly for the series recording advantage. The DMR-HWT260 is a fantastic recorder, it has smart TV connection and is very easy to operate also has brilliant picture reproduction. I'm very impressed with the automatic setting for series timer recording so as to never miss a forth coming episode of a TV series. This model does not have a DVD for playing the old CD's but it does have a USB slot which suits me just fine. The picture quality from a USB stick or external hard drive is brilliant.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
In the time I've had and used this recorder I am even more impressed of how brilliant it is. Well done Panasonic, you certainly are smart people.

when program is recorded good picture but at first no sound what am I doing wrong
I am not a technician! call their help centerHi Molly, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance as we will need to try some troubleshooting steps with you.

My DMR-HWT260 says it’s connected to the internet but it’s not, how do I rectify this problem ? Stan.
Hi Stan, sorry I can't answer that, but have you disconnected everything, waited a few minutes and reconnect? Do you have other devises that are connected to the internet? Contact your service provider for help :-)Hi Stan, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance on this matter.

My Panasonic DMR-HWT260 PVR IS THE same scrap as my last blue recorder, when watching tv programs I get interference and lose tv channels. Yet when I watch my other tv I don't have a problem, it is only when watching tv programs through the blue ray per. Can some please help me. Tony.
Hi Tony, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

Panasonic DMR-HWT260GN