Panasonic DMR-PWT560GN

MPN: 36376102

48 questions from our users

Bronwyn B.

Bronwyn B.asked

I just purchased this player. Do apps such as 9Now, 7plus, 10play or any Freeview stations come with this player. I was led to believe when purchasing that they do. I can only find Netflix, SBS On Demand and ABC IView.

Veritas
Veritas

Hello Bronwyn,
I did not own the player long enough to carry out a thorough test of the player. My disappointment was that compared to my older model, it was limited in it's ability to record and timeshift or save free to air video. The hard drive is not compatible with my computer once formatted to Panasonic's format method. There is no DVD recording ability and compared to my older model which does, it was a complete disappointment, so I returned it for a refund.
Regards

Len

Lenasked

Hi can you download Stan to the apps list ?

Lex

Lexasked

Purchased this player last August 2019 & would like to know the procedure to allow a Region 2 DVD to play, in fact it would be great to have a setting procedure to allow any region to play.
Lex

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lex, the unit will need to be taken to a service centre for this. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 for the details of your nearest service centre.

Chris M.

Chris M.asked

How do you record 2 channels and watch 3rd channel. I can record 2 but cant switch to 3rd channel

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Chris, your unit is only a 2 tuner product so you can only view/record 2 channels at once. What you mention would require a 3 tuner unit.

ian

ianasked

which external hdd are compatable with a panasonic dmr-pwt560. thank you. regards ian.

Acme

Acmeasked

Is there a app update for Amazon Prime Video? The actual number of apps for streaming on the dmr-pwt560 is very limited.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Acme, apologies but Amazon Prime is not available on this device.

Larraine

Larraineasked

Der 560 recorders cannot work out how to record a disc to USB. Is this possible

Javiasked

I have a dmr-pwt560 and cant play 4k blu ray dvds , why??

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Javi, this is not a 4K player. For applicable models please refer to our website.

Javi

That means I buy the wrong one?

Tracy W.

Tracy W.asked

I have this dvd player, want 2 no can u open and close dvd player, using the remote, instead of machine everytime. Thanks

Noladee

No!! There is no open & close button on the remote, its only on the machine,, Strange!

Aaron
Aaron

as above also seems to be a serious lack of brains in the design and operation from panasonic

Babs

Hi Tracy - Unfortunately someone forgot the obvious in the design as far as I'm concerned. This is my 3rd Panasonic DVD player (not their best product I have to add and each and every one of them has has a problem) and strangely enough my 1st one had a remote button for this , which was I hasten to add back in 2009! When I queried this with Panasonic they said no-one used the button. Really? Clearly they didn't ask the right people!

Keith M.

Keith M.asked

I want a factory reset

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Keith, you are able to perform this yourself, you will find the instructions within your user manual. If you need further assistance please contact our customer service team on 132600.

rob

robasked

can i copy from my 560 to an external hard drive

Noladee

I am sorry I have no idea,,,check your units manual re copying

Robert Closeasked

Can it play region A Bluerays

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Robert, Australia plays region 4.

Robert Close

I understand but i have a couple of region A bluerays discs and would like to know how to watch them .Thanks

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Sorry Robert but you are not able to unlock these to play other region discs.

Macca

Maccaasked

MACCA
The following statement appears on screen:
The operation stopped press okay. Then the unit will be turned off and start self check after Restart this process keeps recycling as I said

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Macca, please contact our customer service team on 132600 who will conduct some troubleshooting with you over the phone.

Wazza Jones

Wazza Jonesasked

Hi, can I copy from my dmr-pwt560 to a disc. Recorded some free to air shows that I want to share. Please tell me the process if it's possible to do.
Kath

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Wazza, sorry this unit is a PVR, you are not able to record onto a disc.

Sally S.

Sally S.asked

I have a DMR-PWT560GN .. I can't record anything, as it is saying that it is full.. and I try to access the recorded programs, as I usually edit the advertisements out, but it isn't showing any programs, but is still saying that it is full and can't record

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Sally, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

Pam R.

Pam R.asked

How do I get the DVD to go back to the tv channels it is stuck on radio channels and I can't record because of it.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Pam, we would suggest performing a factory reset and returning in your channels.

Mal S.

Mal S.asked

I have a DMR-PWT560. Whenever I try to access the internet function I get a message saying the network is under maintenance.
I can access Netflix with no problems so my connection is good, other unrelated machines have full internet access but this doesn't.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mal, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

Babs

Hi Mal - Unfortunately I'm unable to help you as I don't use my recorder for much more than watching DVD's and recording television programs. I would do as Panasonic has suggested and contact their customer service team. I hope they can resolve the issue for you.

CJB

CJBasked

Recently upgraded to the Panasonic DMR-PWT560 everything worked from the start but recently had an issue whereby I could not access the internet or Netflix option. I kept getting a message asking to check the network connection. Which I did and could see no issues when I ran the test, as it advised that I was connected via the wireless router. I turned the player off for a few minutes and when I turned it back on I was then able to access Netflix but still not the Internet. Any suggestions on how to correct this, greatly appreciated.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi CJB, please contact our customer service team on 132600 and we will walk you thru some options over the phone.

Annie R

Annie Rasked

I cant change the volume with either the TV or HDD recorder nothing happens when i use the buttons on either remote. Anyone have any ideas?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Annie, please contact our customer service team on 132600 so we can try some troubleshooting with you.

Andrew M

Andrew Masked

We have a new Panasonic DMR-PWT560 connected via HDMI to a new Sony television. I have recorded some free-to-air programs and havent noticed any problems. Tonight, my PVR was set to record one program and i was watching the output being sent to my television but the picture and sound kept dropping out. I ran the output to various HDMI inputs on the television but no improvement. It would drop out for about 2 seconds (no sound, no picture). These dropouts would happen approx every 30 seconds. Watching the program via television tuner was fine. I suspect the PVR ouput to the HDMI port is faulting. The PVR is 1 month old and has been fine until now. Rather annoying. Any ideas?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Andrew, we would suggest starting with a factory reset. If you still experience the same issue, please contact us on 132600 for further assistance.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives