Panasonic DMR-PWT560GN

Panasonic DMR-PWT560GN Questions & Answers

MPN: 36376102

81 questions from our users

Paula Kasked

DMR-PWT560 I hv had it for 3 years , it is now continually doing a self check, I follow instructions , looks normal for 1 minute then goes back resetting, so far this has gone , cannot view anything

Oops my question should have said this has gone on for 2 days continually

Maggie S.

Maggie S.asked

550 get only u6 or d1 can't see recorded shows or comes up with operation stopped. Went back to factory settings. Still coming up to the same message

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Maggie, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

mikefasked

Hi, I have a PWT560 and use the freeview recording service and it works well with one exception.. If you chose a program that is listed multiple times on repeat like they do on the HGTV channels it seems to take the series as including the next play as opposed to the next play at the time selected. This stops recording as it often clashes with other programs also preset for recording. On sky recorders this was not an issue.. Eg record program at 11.30pm. set series record, says it clashes with another program at say 6pm when it is also on at 11.30pm. Hope this makes sense.. Driving my wife nuts..

Get a new wife

really helpful Bill.. you muppet

David C.asked

We have panasonic dmr-pwt560 - we can get Netflix via the wireless. However, if we try to watch the internet via Network Service it just says no connection. We go into set up > wirless > enter password - it finds the wireless signal and shows green bars, but then when we go back to Network Service we get the same error message. Also we tried to update Firmware but get the same issue. BUT as I said, we can connect to Netflix via the netflix button. Help....

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi David, please contact our customer service team and we will assist with troubleshooting over the phone 132600

David C.

So - we contacted support, got someone in the philippines, they talked us through the settings to reset and now we cannot get anything - not even netflix which we could get before. Massive fail. So, then they said "We will escalate this and get back to you within a day". Pathetic. I would strongly recommend not purchasing this product. As you can see from the star ratings - it is quite a dud. I wish we had looked at these reviews before buying this. We went with a more expensive product, but have only bought an expensive dud. Edit 4 hours later - the supervisor rang back, asked if I had an ethernet cable we could try, to which I said no, and he then replied that I must be lying as everyone has an ethernet cable, then said there was nothing that he could do, and that I should call out a technician to service at my own expense - of course it would just be cheaper to buy a new box from a different manufacturer. So, if you have a problem with panasonic then call customer service only if you are ready to be called a liar for expressing that you do not have an ethernet cable. Go figure.

John G

John Gasked

I have just replaced my DMR-PWT530 with a 635. The 530 had a problem whereby the time and date randomly changed from correct time. This caused it to not record because the time was now incorrect. The replacement 635 is doing the same thing so I assume it was not caused by a fault in the unit. Even when I set the time manually this problem still persists. Any suggestions on how to remedy this would be appreciated. John.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi John, please contact our helpful customer service team on 132600 and we will review your settings with you.

Adriana Carboni

Adriana Carboniasked

Panasonic recorder DMR-PWT 560
I cannot record a programme series - record the same programme every day at the same time. Please help.
Cheers
Adriana

Bill4747

One way would be to find the program using the green GUIDE button, and then use the small blue button to use the Key Word recording function. That way, it should record the program no matter what time it is being broadcast.

Another option would be to find the program using the green GUIDE button, select OK on the button under that, which will then bring up the options of View (if current time), Single and Series Timer Recording, however, I think that option only records the specific programmed time, regardless of what is being broadcast.

Good luck.

Adrian

Adrianasked

My Panasonic smart tv can’t see my dmr-pwt560. Recorder displays d1

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Adrian, this sounds like a connection issue, you need to ensure you are looking at the correct HDMI input on the TV. If we can assist you further, please contact our customer service team on 132600.

Carolyn B.

Carolyn B.asked

Hi .. I’ve had my player for about 4 years and the remote isn’t working... can you please tell me where I can purchase another one?

Bill4747

Have you changed the battery?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Carolyn, spare parts can be purchased from our spare parts distributor network

Jason

Jasonasked

My New Panasonic Blu-ray recorder Has never had good reception, always pixelated and cuts out. Then in the last couple of days it has completely lost all signal to any channel. I know it’s not reception because I can plug in my old dvd recorder (Samsung) and it is perfect reception.
I performed an auto retune on the unit many many times, tried different cables. Turned it on and off and disconnected power. I thought it may have been the aerial in the complex I live so asked the building manager and everyone else has good reception. So the only thing I can put it down to is this unit.

Any other ideas before I return this unit and search for something of a different brand?

Brucelynda Sanderson

Brucelynda Sandersonasked

Is there a mute button somewhere on the remote control

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Bruce, sorry no, the sound is not controlled via the recorder but your TV.

Harry L.

Harry L.asked

I have a new DMR-PWT560GN HDD Recorder but can not access the TV Guide for Foxtel through it ability to record those shows, how do i access this feature?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Harry, you won't be able to access your Foxtel via the recorder.

Maggiasked

Can you plug headphones into your Panasonic DMR-PWT560 recorder

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Maggi, the sound comes from your TV and not the recorder so no you can't connect headphones to it

Al in Brisbaneasked

My Panasonic DMR-PWT560GN is unable to find any channel data for the 10 family (Brisbane) (10 BOLD, 10 HD, 10 PEACH). I have rescanned all channels and still not found. All others work fine. Ideas?

David matson
David matson

Al, take it back to where you purchased it from and demand your money back. worst dvd player I've ever purchased. very slow to load and plays 50% of the formats of my dvds. ruins the good name of Panasonic.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Al, this could be a reception issue. Best to check the signal strength and the quality. Please feel free to contact our customer service team on 132600 who would be happy to assist you further.

Al in Brisbane

The channel 10 'data' started displaying a couple days later. I didn't do anything, it just started working again. It was definitely not a reception issue as the signal strength and quality were '10/10'. I expect it may have been a broadcasting issue. Doesn't matter. It's working again so all good.

Dee

Deeasked

I'm looking to record my own home videos that are stored on VHS to a digital format and my parents have a Panasonic DMR-PWT560. Is this possible? I've tried troubleshooting this by sending the VCR RF output to through the Panasonic but can't seem to locate anywhere that I can actually record the content.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Dee, unfortunately you are unable to do this with this recorder as it only has HDMI out.

Shellasked

Have just purchased and set up the Panasonic DRM-PWT560 Blueray/HDD Recorder. I need to change the default setting for the guide link to stay on, but can't see how to do that. You can set it with each recording, but it doesn't seem to 'save' or stay on if you go back in a check it. Can anyone help?

Bill4747

Press the BLUE button when the recording options window is open.
Page 27 in the manual if there was one in the box.

Shell

Thank you for your reply. After a bit of playing around, we finally got it.

master chef when home

master chef when homeasked

We have had no issues with our recorder until the last weeks. We have been able to record many programmes onmit and then look sst them later. The last week we have not been able to record, it comes up with message 'the timer recording list is full! Please delete programmes and try again'
We have now deleted all programmes that were recorded bit it still comesmup with the same message. What can we do to reset or make it work? Thanks

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi, we would recommend a factory reset to begin with. If you need further assistance please contact our customer service team on 132600.

KathleenC

KathleenCasked

My New Panasonic recorder 560 Is working beautifully and I have a programme guide for every channel except 10 and 10HD. Can anyone help with a solution.

Henry lloydasked

Does the pwt- 560 cooy music cd’s

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Henry, what do you mean by copy? To the hard drive of the unit or to another disc?

Only to the hard drive

Glenys T.

Glenys T.asked

How to play a dvd on my recorder

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Glenys, you will need to find the correct HDMI input on your TV, but it maybe as simple as putting the disc in and pressing play, but will depend on how it is setup. If we can assist you, please contact Panasonic on 132600 for further assistance.

Robyn Seale

Robyn Sealeasked

Would the twin wifi tunners boost the wifi connection if the Modem is in another room elsewhere in the apartment.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Robyn, the two tuners are for recording, not for Wifi. There are many variable factors around Wifi Strength, if the signal isn't strong enough you will need a LAN connection.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives