Panasonic DMR-PWT560GN

Panasonic DMR-PWT560GN Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

MPN: 36376102

48 questions from our users

S_T_Hallasked

Hi
I have a Panasonic DMR-PWT560 Blu-Ray Disc Player/HDD Recorder. I have it connected to a LG SD LCD TV (Not Smart TV). When I record tv shows and play them back the show periodically goes blank for approx 5 seconds or so and then re plays. Sometimes this happens constantly and makes it difficult to watch. We have taken back to the store and their tech tested and could find nothing wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi S_T_Hall, please contact our customer service team on 132600 and they will assist you further to try some options.

Hi
What are the hours for this number? Is it available on weekends? I work most days during business hours. I did actually send an email via the contact form on the website but I haven’t had a reply yet.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi, we are open from 8.30am to 6pm AEST. It maybe difficult to reply to your complete query in writing, but if you emailed our team over the weekend they should be responding to you today or tomorrow (as you can imagine emails are at the largest volume on a weekend and we aim to get back as quickly as we can).

Becandseanasked

In the last week or so the shows that I have lined up haven’t been recording. Some have but most haven’t. Can anyone help or explain what’s going on?

Mooggoog
Mooggoog

This is really strange, because my device started doing this in the last week as well. The red recording indicator light blinks rather than emitting s steady light and when I try to view the programme via the video format, the station being recorded gives a 'no signal' message until the recording time is finished and the programme does not record. I bought my device in 2016 and had no issues until this past week.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Becandsean and Mooggoog, we don't have any record of these issues occurring on our devices, are you able to confirm it this is still occurring?

Tracol
Tracol

Hi I was having the exact same issue last week

peterc

petercasked

what is the difference between a dmr-pwt560 and a dmr-pwt560gn?

Burliegh boy

No idea. I would search the Panasonic website for further information. Good luck

mingming
mingming

machine now displays the word video instead of av on front panel which will not let me access any of the machines functions. how do i switch it back

Kenasked

Our DMR-PWT560 has just stopped recording all the programs we set up. This started a couple of days ago. Everything looks OK when it is set up but the recording may or may not happen.

Burliegh boy

Sorry Ken I don’t know the answer as we have not had that happen to us. Have you tried Panasonic’s support? I found them prompt in answering any enquiries.

Ken

I haven't been in touch with Panasonic yet. I thought I would see what other people's experience might have been. Thanks for replying.

Becandsean

Hi just wondering if you have resolved this issue and how you did it? My recorder has started to do what your complaining about so I’d love some advice on what you did

Terry W.

Terry W.asked

My panasonic dmr-pwt560 has stopped playing blu rays since yesterday. It has played them previously and still plays dvds. When I put a blu ray in it goes through the motions of reading and then flicks back to the tv.

Burliegh boy

Hi Terry, I have not had that experience with the player. May I suggest a dirty disc or a faulty copy. Good luck

Jenny Mchugh

Jenny Mchughasked

I have a DMR XW 440. It is 1 year old. Most stations are static when the recorder is used both for watching and recording. If I turn the recorder off, all stations are perfect. What should I do

Burliegh boy

Hi Jenny, sorry to say I can’t help you as you have a different model DVD.

snoball

snoballasked

Please can someone explain the difference between a 460 and the 560 ? the price is the same :(
Sales reps don't know either:(

Eastwest101
Eastwest101

They make it incredibly difficult to tell but I think they are both twin tuners but the DMR-BWT460GN can burn DVD's but does not have WiFi and the DMR-PWT560GN cannot burn to DVD but has WiFI.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Snoball, they are slightly different technologies. The PWT is a PVR and only allows recording onto the Hard Drive. The BWT460 allows recording onto on external disc as well as the HDD.

Tezzaasked

Want to copy a recorded program onto USB stick but only option that is available when I go through the process is to copy to a USB HDD. What's going on?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tezza, could you please confirm you have followed the registration details on page 56 of the user manual and then followed the instructions on page 57?

Tezza

If you read the question, I wish to copy onto a USB stick, not a USB HDD.

Leonie H

Leonie Hasked

My panasonic is possessed! It is recording programs on two channels at the same time that I am sure i didn't ask it to. I watch another channel and because its recording two programs on the same channel it goes to one of the channels being recorded! I can't delete these recordings as they don't appear anywhere on the list. Seems to like kids cartoons around 4 00 o'clock some days. What the heck is going on?

Judi S

Judi Sasked

I have a DMR-PWT560 and it has been working perfectly until yesterday. Now if I am recording a program all other channels display "no signal". Have I done something stupid and pressed a button I shouldn't have? I often want to watch one program and record another channel and now it seems impossible, Please help me!

Timelord1Nick

Mine has never done that. I would suggest you ring Panasonic ASAP to sort this out. Your unit may have a fault or there may be a cable loose. My experience with Panasonic support over the phone has been brilliant overall. They are a good company at the top of their game in Australia, no need to worry.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Judi, please contact our customer service team on 132600 and we will assist you over the phone with some options.

LynnB

LynnBasked

I have the panasonic dmr-pwt560 and it will not play bluray dvds. It will play normal dvds, but when we put in a bluray, it goes straight back to normal tv. Why????

Timelord1Nick

No idea, that is really bizarre. I would ring Panasonic, they are great to deal with over the phone. My unit plays blu-rays superbly.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lynn, please contact our customer service team on 132600 and we will try some options over the phone with you.

Sharon T

Sharon Tasked

I am finding some 1 hr programs only record for 15 mins even though l extend the record time.
Occasionally programs do not record at all when timer is set.
These are single recordings. I have only had the recorder for less than 2 months.
Most of the time it records.
Im wondering if lm doing something wrong?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Sharon, there are a few steps we need to understand in relation to how you are setting up the recordings. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 and they will assist you over the phone with some options to try.

murray d

murray dasked

When recording two programs consecutive on the same channel the last stop recording and appears via Prog/Check button showing that it has recorded. It shows a square with a Red Cross in the space .What is happening here?

Paul
Paul

Please contact Panasonic Service Department. You will find them under White Pages. On line.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Murray, please contact Panasonic on 132600.

Heather Oasked

Hi, We have a Blue Ray DMR-PWT560. Every now and then it does a 'self check' and it runs through the motions and eventually turns off, then we have to restart. This just started happening after we got netflix, but it happens anytime, whether watching tv or netflix. Can you help please?

TOPCAT

I would love to be able to help, Panasonic couldnt so I gave up and bought another system.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Heather, sounds like there maybe a fault with your recorder. Please call our customer service team on 132600 and they will assist you with trying some options and book a service call if required.

Heather O

Thankyou. Can you give me a New Zealand phone no. to call?

HeyThere

HeyThereasked

I can no longer see SBS, I have been streaming this off the set and it has worked to date, but recently i cant play anything. Any ideas?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi, please give our customer service team a call on 132600 when you are with the unit and our customer service team will try some options with you.

Bernadette S

Bernadette Sasked

Hi I cannot play blu ray dvd. It says copyright violation . Can anyone help with this?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Bernadette, please contact our customer service team on 132600 and they will assist you.

Kelly A

Kelly Aasked

I have a u99 error occuring, how can i fix this?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Kelly, please contact our customer service team on 132600 and they will be able to assist you further.

beth

bethasked

I can only get all chanel 9 programs when I digital tune. No other channels will tune. Any help?

Rebecca S

Rebecca Sasked

My pwt560 has been working perfectly for nearly a year , I use it daily , but lately the recently recorded programmes are skipping and pausing/jumping alot?? Older programmes on it play fine . It is about 3/4 full. Any suggestions on how to fix this please?? Its getting so I cant watch the items I've recirded its so bad .

Gian
Gian

Hi Rebecca, I was having a similar problem, thought it was dodgy reception till I recorded the same programme I watched live then watched the recording, life was fine, recording was pausing and jumping, I turned the power off for a few minutes, then restarted it and so far,

Rayesa R

Rayesa Rasked

Cannot connect hdd recorder to tv. Only a coaxial cord was supplied. So you plug aerial into recorder and supplied cord into tv and recorder but where do you place the red, yellow and white plugs? No spots in recorder.
Panasonic say I need to purchase HDMI cord but I dont think im needing it if all I want to do is record tv shows.

TOPCAT

I would use HDMI cable anyway as connection is simpler and image quality better

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives