Panasonic TH-49FX600A (49")

Excellent Smart TV! Easy to install, setup and use with excellent quality pic & sound

Easy to setup and install. I just needed to fix the legs, connect the aerial and power up. Auto-connected to my WiFi, and to load free TV. Operating instruction booklet is easy to follow. Picture quality and sound are excellent (no need for a sound bar). Netflix and YouTube load quick (I am on the NBN). Thanks Panasonic.... Another excellent TV. My previous Panasonic flatscreen still works after 10 years, but not a Smart TV. (I researched with Choice and ProductReview prior to purchase with both providing great reviews and comments).

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $995.00.

Performance
Picture Quality
Software
Sound Quality
Hi JMAC30, thank you for the very positive feedback on your new Panasonic TV, we love hearing how easy it was for you to connect.

Easy to use and good quality out of the box

Got the TV after 12 years using a Panasonic plasma TV. At the store I compared all top brands at this price range and while the Pana had the darkest screen I opt for it due to brand loyalty I guess and consistent UI.
Setting the TV was a breeze and the remote is the same as my 12 old plasma so no learning curve there.
The overall quality feels 'cheap' but I guess this is expected from a low end product. It's basically a large computer screen.
While full HD and 4K content are remarkable, standard HD is a bit smooshy but that's the same with most hi Def TVs.
Out of the box the screen is dark! So you'll need to make a few custom adjustments for a brighter experience without going all the way to Dynamic which is a bit harsh in my opinion.
The good thing is that any custom changes stay in memory for each connection type.
Sound quality is good and fat better compare to the previous plasma, however, I mostly prefer listening via the hifi anyway.
Connection types are more than enough for most households.
I wish the headphones and at list one HDMI port would be at the front for those ad hoc connections.
So overall for the price and compare with other top tier brands the Pana is pretty good and easy to operate. I only gave it 4 stars since I don't think any of these low-end LCD TVs are excellent.

Purchased in April 2019.

Hi Migo, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. It's great to hear you are happy with your new TV. Thank you for your loyalty to Panasonic.

See all Panasonic FX600 Series reviews

Hi my tv cant connect to the internet is there any software I can download and load on my telly to try and fix the issue? regards Rob
Hi Rob, could you please confirm who your ISP is? Belong are currently having problems with connection to the internet with Panasonic TV's and we are assisting them to resolve this outage.

Category4K Ultra HD TVs