5.0 from 1 review

Lumix GH3 lives up to its reputation

Upgraded my camera equipment a few months ago after much soul-searching. I had Panasonic and Olympus 4/3 camera and lenses. Both companies stopped producing cameras and lenses for this format some years ago and my equipment was becoming dated quickly. I really didn't want to get rid of my high quality lenses (if I even could for a good price) so that left me with micro 4/3 cameras that could be adapted to my old lenses. Again more soul searching for a camera and I settled on the GH3 as I felt the Olympus OM D was too small and fiddly for my hands. Reading all the other reviews of the GH3 I decided on this model and have been totally happy with it. I feel that there is almost nothing I can't take a good photo of. Despite the small sensor I am perfectly happy with my results. As I say to my friends with their full-frame Nikons - the proof of the pudding is in the eating so if you are happy with the results that's all that matters- and I couldn't afford the Nikon pudding! I also bought the 12-35mm and 35-100mm lenses which perfectly compliment the camera. The panasonic 4/3 to micro 4/3 adaptor works (almost) fawlessly with all my Olympus lenses - some brief searching to lock on to focus and occassionaly a bad contact so I remove and replace and then all OK. I was a bit dissappointed it didn't have a panoramic mode like many other CSC cameras have but it overcompensates by having a lot of other useful features - HDR works better than photoshop can manage; I like the multiple exposure and built in intervalometer and levels. Not so sure about the electronic viewfinder. It's great in low ligh but in every other situation I would prefer an optical one. You need to check this out before you buy.
Great technology!
Paul
weight, size, technology built in, results
no panoramic mode, electronic viewfinder is an acquired taste