Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70

MPN: 35905659
Listing monitored by Panasonic

Disappointed

I bought this camera after my previous canon failed based on reading many reviews highlighting great technical specs. Like another reviewer here, I am about to go on an overseas trip and cannot risk taking this camera due to the high likelihood of poor looking photos. As per other comments, some photos look blurry with washed out, water colour looking effects. Does not seem to handle bright / dark contrasts well, either saturated or too dark. Just returned from remote hiking trip and deleted a lot of treasured memories captured in totally useless photos. Waste of money. Oh and I'm already on the second unit after the first one failed (luckily on the last day of the holiday) and was replaced.

HONEST JOE
HONEST JOESouth East Queensland, QLD

First time let down by Panasonic

Other Compact Cameras

Fran
Franasked

I am on my third Lumix (TZ70) and love it, especially for seascapes and sea bird pics. However, the red button for the video often turns on being too close and by the time I turn it off, the bird has flown. Is there any way to immobilise that button? People keep asking what I am using because the pics are so good. am amazed by the negative reviews above.

Pam
Pamasked

Second camera where the zoom fails. Any zoom issues known to be common?

Panasonic
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Pam, no common issues with the zoom failing. The only thing we would suggest is you ensure there is no dust on the lens as you retract it into place.

Kathy

Buy Canon! Never an issue have one for personal use and 2 for work and all are just fantastic
My daughter is now a convert and has 2 also and can’t believe it’s taken her so long to see the light!

John L
John L

Mine still has intermittent faults (read my review), if I was you I'd just forget Panasonic and go for Canon as Kathy has suggested
I've had numerous Canon cameras over the years and no problems at all, still have a 40D that is perfect after many years of sterling service and a good old Ixus 80 that has been battered and abused all over the world and never missed a beat
In purchasing the Panasonic TZ70 I was after a point and shoot camera that would provide a better image quality than the (very basic) Ixus 80, wishing I had stuck to Canon...........

Sammy the Sausage Dog
Sammy the Sausage Dogasked

I was just about to buy a Lumix TZ70, but quite a range of opinions given your experiences. If you guys were to get a camera in the same price range range as the Lumix, what would be your choice ?

Edge
Edge

I hated that camera so much i threw it in the closet and bought a Sony HX90V - love it.

Thanks Edge. What was so bad about it ?

Kathy

If I were you I'd go for a completely different brand of camera. I bought a TZ70 and it is a lemon. Had it back twice to get fixed still not fixed. Contacted Panasonic they gave me another contact number and said it would cost more again. So disappointed and annoyed. This was not a cheap camera and it cost me $220 for repairs not that anything was done.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategoryCompact Cameras