Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70

Listing monitored by Panasonic

Fran
FranGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best camera ever

Unable to carry heavy cameras anymore, I bought my first Lumix, loved it and upgraded. Mostly take seascapes and seabirds, that need minimal editing and are used for publication. People are amazed by the zoom in such a small camera and the quality of my pictures. Am looking forward to upgrading to a TZ90 next.

Date PurchasedSept 2015

Awesome picture

Bought this camera from a relative 2 years ago who had it for about year themselves, picture quality is perfect. Any reviews saying otherwise either needs their eyes checked or have a faulty unit. Optical zoom is really good at 30x. Had a Nikon before this but the shutter broke but the images were really grainy. Would highly recommend if it is still available.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Other Compact Cameras

Pushka
Pushka

Great camera. Excellent photos.

I write travel reports and use this camera to post. I get frequent comments on how good the camera is. I have no idea why people are rating it so poorly. Makes no sense to me. I really enjoy using it. I give it 5 stars. It's compact and easily used.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
ajc890
ajc890

Best ever Compact Camera

I bought this after seeing results from a friend's DMC-TZ70.
Has the option of 30 x Optical Zoom at 12Mp or 60 x Optical Zoom at 5Mp. I was amazed at the clarity of the photo at 60 x Optical Zoom HANDHELD. I could clearly make out figures 4Km away.
The camera has excellent low light features.
I am not a photography expert but the results from this camera using the INTELLIGENT AUTO are brilliant.
Camera is great for all round use and excellent to take on holidays.

Compact Cameras

Find out how Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ70 compares to other Compact Cameras

Fran
Franasked

I am on my third Lumix (TZ70) and love it, especially for seascapes and sea bird pics. However, the red button for the video often turns on being too close and by the time I turn it off, the bird has flown. Is there any way to immobilise that button? People keep asking what I am using because the pics are so good. am amazed by the negative reviews above.

Pam
Pamasked

Second camera where the zoom fails. Any zoom issues known to be common?

Panasonic
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Pam, no common issues with the zoom failing. The only thing we would suggest is you ensure there is no dust on the lens as you retract it into place.

Kathy

Buy Canon! Never an issue have one for personal use and 2 for work and all are just fantastic
My daughter is now a convert and has 2 also and can’t believe it’s taken her so long to see the light!

John L
John L

Mine still has intermittent faults (read my review), if I was you I'd just forget Panasonic and go for Canon as Kathy has suggested
I've had numerous Canon cameras over the years and no problems at all, still have a 40D that is perfect after many years of sterling service and a good old Ixus 80 that has been battered and abused all over the world and never missed a beat
In purchasing the Panasonic TZ70 I was after a point and shoot camera that would provide a better image quality than the (very basic) Ixus 80, wishing I had stuck to Canon...........

Sammy the Sausage Dog
Sammy the Sausage Dogasked

I was just about to buy a Lumix TZ70, but quite a range of opinions given your experiences. If you guys were to get a camera in the same price range range as the Lumix, what would be your choice ?

Edge
Edge

I hated that camera so much i threw it in the closet and bought a Sony HX90V - love it.

Thanks Edge. What was so bad about it ?

Kathy

If I were you I'd go for a completely different brand of camera. I bought a TZ70 and it is a lemon. Had it back twice to get fixed still not fixed. Contacted Panasonic they gave me another contact number and said it would cost more again. So disappointed and annoyed. This was not a cheap camera and it cost me $220 for repairs not that anything was done.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategoryCompact Cameras