2Panasonic NN-CF770M

35% · 2950 · 60%

Marg
MargSydney, NSW2 posts
  NN-CF770M

Poor performance whilst using the microwave

Whilst cooking a single packet of frozen vegetables, the instructions stated two and a half minutes on high. The veggies were still frozen. They actually require over three and a half minutes. Everything needed longer times to cook.

The convection oven also needed longer time and or higher temperature. My previous Panasonic much larger microwave/convection oven was soo much better.

Sterlo
SterloGippsland, VIC4 posts

Works well enough me

This unit replaces the similar model we bought 4 years ago. Have always had decent cooking results, although we did not use the convection or grilling function much. Microwave power seems fine. I find new microwaves are at best a 5 year disposable item. I did get such a good deal I took out extended warranty and it paid for itself on the older unit in spades. The cooling down function is a bit noisy, but supposedly it helps keep the unit happy.

Chelsea22
Chelsea22AU3 posts

Great product

We wanted a convection oven. This one is excellent. We have used it multiple times as an oven, grill and microwave and find it does all these well. It would be nice if there were more recipes that use the combination functions as these are ones we don't know intuitively how to do.

Justme07
Justme07Hunter Region, NSW2 posts

Should have stayed away

After having a Panasonic Microwave / Oven for over 10 years we thought we couldn't go wrong when it came time to replace it, we were so wrong a real waste of money, it takes my 90 seconds oats up to 3 minutes to cook and then somethings they are not done, now the door is really hard to close not happy with this product at all.

Quincy C
Quincy CSydney5 posts

Nice 2 in 1 oven

Have had this appliance for more than 3 years now. There was a problem with it after 6 months of buying it and it was fixed hassle free. No troubles since.

It doesn't rotate which is good, because the belt that rotates the dish breaks easily in microwaves. However, I think because of the physics pf microwave ovens, it is impossible to have perfectly even heating. It's still decently even however.

Still a good product I think. A bit pricy but it's the space saving which is worth it.

Leo
LeoSydney Surrounds, NSW6 posts

Exactly what I needed

I purchased this microwave coz I needed to upgrade from an old model. My regular oven doesn't perform well & I thought for just 2 of us a small convection microwave oven might tick some boxes. It does small roasts perfectly and is easy to use. The microwave also works well and I do appreciate that the inverter defrosts better than one that is not. I was nearly put off buying this product due to some negative reviews but honestly my experience is only positive. Bought it from Winnings Alexandria and am very happy with both them and the product.

Frag
swampyPerth, WA4 posts
joolz
joolzPerth, WA9 posts

Affordable compromise

Replacing a very old (17yrs) convection microwave that blew up. the flat bed provides a larger cooking space and is fairly even, but not as good as a turntable. Initially had some problem with the the microwave, but it rectified after 3rd use and now cooks in expected time. Miss the sensor cooking for fresh/frozen veges. Who can be bother weighing frozen peas. This is a waste of time function. the combo cooking is not as good due to the exposed element which also makes cleaning more difficult.

Paid about the same price for the 2000 version with far better features and function. Would have purchased a better model if not right on top of Xmas

nanajune
nanajuneRotorua New Zealand
  NN-CF770M

Very slow on the microwave function and hopeless grill

I have had this microwave 12 months and from day one it has driven me mad. It is just so slow on the microwave function and also I am not happy with the grill as it does not seem to have enough heat and takes ages to grill something. What can one do I would not want it replaced with the same and I have a 5 year extended warranty I feel I have bought a lemon

ClosetheFridge
ClosetheFridgeMelbourne2 posts

Don't Waste Your Money

Possibly the very worst appliance purchase I've ever made.

First unit failed within 4 months. The griller just stopped working (that's the convection operation BTW).

The brand new replacement has now failed 19 months later. No lights, no power, no nothing.

Whatever the sales person tells you, Inverter technology is a joke. It takes twice as long as it should to cook anything. And then not evenly, like you get with a turntable.

Convection function is basically a griller. What that gives you is food that's burned to a crisp on top but not cooked properly. Nothing by comparison with the excellent Sharp and Samsung units I've owned previously.

Will NEVER buy another Panasonic appliance.

Alisia
Alisia
Hatchet
HatchetWide Bay-Burnett, QLD12 posts

Excellent Product - I Love it

I have had this microwave almost 4 years and it is the best I have ever had. I find it does everything I want. I use it every day and can't imagine being without it. It heats up so quickly for grilling & roasting. It is easy to clean and looks very smart.

Sam
Sam3 posts

Worst microwave ever

Door button does not work properly so light stays on inside microwave which means it won't start cooking until I manage to make the light go off. door is hard to close. It is inconsistent in the way it heats even when the same temperature and times are used. I have always loved the Panasonic brand (microwave, tv, DVD player) and this microwave was purchased to replace an older Panasonic microwave but never again. I will start investigating other brands from now on. Whatever you do - do not purchase one of these microwaves.

bill hill
bill hill

unrepairable

After only 4 years this microwave failed completely, took it to the service centre and after being in the workshop for over 2 months and replacement of most of the major parts including the magartron, inverter and power supply, the agent still can't get it to work.

they finally gave up.

These are not inexpensive to buy and I expect more than 4 years service out of an appliance that costs so much. I did like the way it cooked and was easy to use.

I have had many different Panasonic items through the years and all have been excellent, some still in use after 20 years.

Unfortunately Panasonic has lost its quality.

Unlikely that I would buy anything else of this brand, without a lot of thought.

Libbie
LibbieAU2 posts
Sharon
Sharon2 posts
  NN-CF770M

Faulty, and service was terrible

Oven did not operate from the date of purchase. Spent most of the first 6 months trying to have it repaired. After this period of time and three returns to repairers, it is working. I was allocated a specific "case manager". He was rude and combative, and did not and follow through as he assured me he would. Because of the very unsatisfactory service and poor performance of this appliance, I feel reluctant to deal with Panasonic ever again.

MartyC
MartyCAU60 posts

Useless Microwave - Never again with Panasonic

Very disappointed. I've had 2 Panasonic Televisions over the years and love them both. Lord knows where the Panasonic ovens are mad because they are complete garbage and embarrassment to the Panasonic name.

I bought mine last month for $329. The store claimed the RRP was $719 but I think thats highly exaggerated. Even at half price I feel ripped off.

The issue is that the microwave only works for 5 - 10 seconds the switches off with a message on the screen saying 'COOLING'. From reading these reviews, it appears this is a common issue.

I really wish I had read these reviews prior to purchasing.

Peter
Peter

Worst micro ever made

Horrible, horrible hair-tearing-out machine. Do not buy. Repeat DO NOT BUY almost nothing worked from a week after purchase. I am writing this because its the only thing I can do to make me feel less ripped off. I have tried everything to make it work including rebooting, reading all instructions re trouble-shooting. Just stay away from Panasonic.

Max
MaxWide Bay-Burnett, QLD6 posts
  NN-CF770M

terrible microwave power and short life span and

bought this to replace an LG we had had forever, and regretted it from day 1. the convection feature is ok, but the power of the microwave is terrible. 90second 'quick oats' takes 3.5 minutes to cook. Last night ours blew up after 16 months - if you buy this make sure you take out the extended warranty!

Chris
Chris

Crap

Not even 4 months after buying this, it has stopped working, tried to cook my porridge one morning, and it just decided not to work, it starts to go for about 3 seconds, then stops, and proceeds to cool down as if it has been going for a long while, not happy at all, we hope they just take it back and we will look at other brands.

Sleepy
SleepyNorth Queensland, QLD6 posts

Useless

Bought this microwave October 2015. Within four weeks the door wouldn't open properly. Took it back to Smiths City and they replaced it. No problems! Now the open button won't work. Back to the shop again. On a brand new appliance I think this is not acceptable. Not sure that I want it replaced now. I will see what they come up with when I take it back.

Paula H
Paula H3 posts

Not happy

Purchased the Panasonic NN-CF77OM in Oct 2013, installed it in Dec 2013 into a new kitchen and it is now kaput! Door opener not working properly and the microwave function not working at all. Do I really want to spend $$$ on repairing a unit that has lasted only 2 years or put money towards a new microwave - which will definitely NOT be a Panasonic!

Chas
Chas3 posts
  NN-CF770M

Inconsistent heating of standardised bowl of oats in water

Found variable heating of water in bowl with same power and time setting. I suspect that with the inverter technology there are blind spots in the oven where there is no/little microwave heating, as the cause of the problem. The turntable of non-inverter microwave ovens allows an even exposure of the food product. Found that the microwave heating was more consistent at the rear of the oven cavity in my machine (least consistent in the middle of the oven cavity). Have not used the grilling element much as it proved to be too weak compared to our conventional stove oven. Purchased 2015.

Roy Wittert
Roy Wittert5 posts

Very disappointed

We have not had this Microwave more than 3 years. Our previous Panasonic lasted close to 8 years. We have the same H97/98 error, sparking noise. Will check repair cost. Time for a new brand! This product is a lemon - Panasonic should have done a recall. Make them pay - buy other brands.

Wal
Wal
  NN-CF770M

All reviews of convection microwaves are bad

Very disappointed. My old Panasonic genius was perfect, perfect, perfect. 15 years of constant use , oven and microwave.But the new one less than 12 months and now door issues, no internal light, bad. But what to buy now? All the reviews are critical of convections microwaves. They are so heavy it is a real drag returning them.

YoRuis
YoRuisCoalgate2 posts
  NN-CF770M

No 'quest for zero defect'

Bought one in May 2014. Broken by Oct '15. Convection cooked a chicken. Guess the steam fried the electronics. When the cooking was done, I opened the door and it just lost power completely and won't turn back on. Warranty too short. Very disappointed in Panasonic after loyalty to the brand for years. I would think twice now when buying any Panasonic products. No response from them in response to my spouse's email. Bad for making popcorn, but otherwise it was a useful machine and did the job well enough, bar the door which kept getting stuck.

Kiwikim
KiwikimWaikato, New Zealand

Repeated inverter/magnetron problem

I purchased the microwave in 2010. In 2013, had to replace the inverter board (H97 error message) for about NZ$206 (should have claimed under the Consumer Guarantees Act rights back then, but didn't). Yesterday, the error message H97 appeared - which means the inverter or magnetron has failed again. Not sure if it's economical to fix this problem again as it looks like it may fail again in 2-3 years time. Surely a microwave should last longer than 5 years if not longer? Have written to Panasonic NZ so will be interested in their response.

AJW
AJW

Ignore the hype

No turntable, means YOU do the moving. For solid foods, even if covered, you need to constantly stop the microwave, rotate the food 90 degrees, and then re-start. Don't bother, and some will be overcooked and some uncooked.

Call Centre recommendation was to read the product manual before buying. How many prospective buyers read the operating manual after buying, let alone before?

The reality. They've deleted the cost of fitting a mechanical turntable (you do the work instead now), describing it as a product enhancement, for which you pay more.

lee
lee sydney10 posts

Fantastic, best ever microwave

I saw all the terrible reviews and just had to defend this stunning product. Since the mid 1980.s i,ve owned 3 Panasonic dimension 4 type microwaves. loved them all. then we moved and had no room so bought the Flatbed. Well, we,ve all but forgotten the other ones. The flatbed takes large items as It doesn,t spin around which I found very frustrating. Never had any problems. Sure it has it,s minor limitations. It,s not a $3000 -$4000 oven, I don,t need to bend down. I dont have to reach deep into a burning oven, I don,t need to clean all the baked on mess. We have a normal size home. Had no oven inbuilt for decades. I,ve cooked large Turkeys at Christmas time. Baked Chickens We use this all the time for lots of cooking.

Another Helen
Another Helennoosa

Grill tripped safety switches

I had to return this 3 times from new as the grill tripped the safety switches. The repairers said they could not find a fault so replaced the elements and the temperature control and it worked ok for 3 weeks then had the bomb again. The microwave is not as powerful as other microwaves. I had a cheap one before rated at 800W that had the same cooking ability. And I found the cooling fan annoying too.

Paul Payne
Paul Payne
  NN-CF770M

Have had endless trouble with this microwave

Bought new just out of warranty inverter packs in with H97 error. Panasonic don't want to know you. Panasonic agent says worth fixing. Repairs done cost $300 3 months warranty. Gone 4 months and have same H97 error up. INVERTER STUFF AGAIN. STEER CLEAR OF THIS PRODUCT. Back to using old sharp microwave we purchase in 1986

Helen
Helen2 posts
Rick
RickHobart, TAS26 posts

dodgy

I have had two of these ovens in less than 12 months. The first was returned and replaced with a brand new one. The first one just died, no power at all. Today the replacement one will no longer microwave. Convection works, but the microwave part does nothing. I am hoping that Harvey Norman will take this one back and I can get a credit to go towards another brand, cause I am not getting another one of these.

yakadoodle
yakadoodle

graham12
graham12Mid North Coast, NSW34 posts
  NN-CF770M

If you want oven grill this is great/microwave oven function is rubbish

Had this panasonic for 2 weeks now to replace an LG which was 10 years old and I had fixed a few times

during that time.

The new panasonic microwave function is at least twice as slow as our old LG and reminds me of our $99 target

microwave at work for heating up a lunch pie.

the oven grill is great/microwave is just too slow and even took it back thinking something was wrong with it,nothing.

so we are stuck with this lemon for how many years?

Gwen
Gwen3 posts

Dodgy Door 2

I bought one in January and by May the door was jamming intermittently and I was advised to take it to a recommended repairer - on the other side of the city. After 6 weeks I got it back only to have the same problem after three days.

Panasonic were most unhelpful but Appliances on Line couldn't have been more helpful and delivered a new machine. However a few weeks later the same problem emerged. I had had enough and declined Appliances on Line's offer for another replacement and they readily agreed to a refund.

This experience has made me wary of Panasonic products.

Scott888
Scott888

They don't make 'em like they used to - II

Purchased 2-3 years back. Great product, easy to use and the dial function to set cooking time is so much better than buttons on other models. This would be a good review, but unfortunately the microwave recently died after failing to heat items in microwave mode and blowing smoke - the inverter and magnetron had burnt out. It is reapirable but for the price even the repair guy recommended I simply buy a new model.

As the Panasonic replaced a Sharp convetion microwave that survived almost 20 years, I know which brand the replacement will be.....

Karen5555