Panasonic NN-CF874B / NN-CF874BQPQ

NN-CF874BQPQ and NN-CF874B

Onge

OngeMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

What a bad experience

Looked for a good replacement for previous one owned for 17 years. Had this unit for a few weeks and noticed that a crack had developed in base. Lodged a call to panasonic, sent them photos of the cracked base and what comes back, it appears to be impact damage, so it's the customers fault. Spent over $1000 and for what, so frustrated. Panasonic don't seem to care at all about customer service.
If you do buy this unit don't put anything on the glass it might crack. Arrrrrrrgh!!!!

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,096.00.

Noise Level

THE WORST MICROWAVE ON THE MARKET

My glass base has just shattered for no reason. Have returned it to the Good Guys and am now waiting to see what they are going to do about it. I never want to see this Microwave ever again it is the worst appliance I have ever bought. Please tell your friends and family to leave this product alone.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Heather, have you contacted our customer service team to review this further for you? Phone number is 132600.

Heather M
Heather M

I JUST HATE THIS OVEN TOO!!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
sevastian

sevastianSouth East Queensland, QLD

I’m very happy with this oven

This is the first good oven I’ve owned. I love the flatbed interior and would never go back to a rotational microwave. The convection works very well. The instruction book is excellent. The touch panel is intuitive especially after reading the instructions. Microwave reheating and cooking is very even. Its easy to clean, it’s quiet, the finish beep is audible but not annoying. The sensor works well (I set it to low). I’ve combination cooked roast pumpkin and it was perfect. I made an apple walnut cake and it Was very easy to get a good result. I’m starting to enjoy cooking -a first for me. I’m so glad i bought it!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Darren

Darren

Not a replacement for a conventional oven, but not a bad compromise for smaller basic meals

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Teri M

Teri MAdelaide

Flatbed Microwave - thought I would try it and it's just perfect!

Decided to try a flatbed microwave and it had to have a pulldown door and this Panasonic fitted the bill. The microwave is a little larger than the hole we had our previous one in, so we had to move it onto our bench, and it looks perfect there., it is made of a very sturdy construction.
Cooking results are perfect. Once the microwave is finished it a has taken me a week or so to get used to the noise it makes (like a fan turning) which goes for quite a while. It is not an annoying sound just distracting. I am used to it now and hardly hear it now.
The flatbed allows me to put larger and rectangular dishes in there and and everything is cooked to perfection. I can highly recommend this microwave.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Bake unevenly

I bought it in Jan 2015. So far had used it to bake peanut cookies, cheesecake and also recently egg tarts. But seems it bake unevenly all the time. Noticed that the right side which near the light (at your right side while facing the oven) tend to cook and turn to brown colour faster than the left. Once the baking time finished the right is burned and the left fine nice in colour and cooked. I have tried to turn the tray by pause the oven half way cooking I found it very troublesome and anyway this is not suppose to be as convection oven. Please help to advise.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Kim HopkinsPerth, WA

easy to operate

Only had this 1 week so far but am very happy with the purchase.
Great size, more height than my previous Panasonic which is 25 years old and still going strong.
Happy with everything, probably the only criticism would be the operating buttons are not backlit so may be not good for persons with poor vision.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Kim Hopkins

7 months on since last comment. No complaints at all although to be fair still using the old Panasonic for baking and grilling as inside the Panasonic is s/steel

kiwi842Central Queensland, QLD

Got some minor issues...but time will heal

Lacks enough shelving heights.
Watch out when washing the wire rack in a sink, it catches water in between ends tip it wrong and the water is down your front.
Control Panel way too small for people with poor vision. Enlarged photo shows controls nicely.
Cooks well on all mode after a bit of experimenting.
I am likely to report back in about six months with any changes.

OK people almost 3 years later (June 2019) No go!
Went to preheat the oven, control panel seems ok, press start - no fan, no heat nothing further. Did all the usual troubleshooting...
Not a happy chappy

Purchased in July 2016 at Betta Home Living.

Noise Level

SNATZOsnatzo

What a pile of uneven soggy steaming half baked crap.

SNATZO

Inside metal beginning the corrosion phase, next will be the explosion phase, I will keep updating, and my shout for champagne all round if something good happens.

Decent enough

Got a good deal on this from JB on this oven.
A huge upgrade to my previous and the auto-sensor works well, am yet to try baking/grilling in it in earnest, but for heating up pasties it does a good job.

Update: have been using it for 6 months now. Still pretty happy with the purchase. The temperature tends to be lower than stated so need yo compensate when baking.

Thea forester

Thea foresterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed Emensely It Has Rusted Already And It Has Only Been In Use Since 23/2/2015 Thats Five M

Rust bucket I can see this micro will not last like my last Panasonic one. I cannot believe the water it creates, obviously a very bad design. What is Panasonic going to do about this? Panasonic is usually a great product what is going on. I hope they do a recall and replace it with a niece that is as good as my last one. Lots of very unhappy customers not good.

Elaine B

Elaine BSydney, NSW

The worst convection/microwave I have ever had the misfortune to be stuck with!

One week short of warranty this model cracked center base right across lt to rt of entire floor which apparently is made of glass or ceramic material, NOT metal. This cracked glass was all over the inside shattered pieces like a result from hot to cold damage to glass - this material should NEVER be used inside a convection/microwave/grill oven - no reason on our part for this to have occurred. Panasonic are denying manufacture fault & will not replace/repair this unit.

Just a rust bucket

Had just 14 months & the roof is rusted ,always has large droplets of water on roof from any cooking that may have fluid included,Water just runs down inside of door into a large full width water catchment tray at base of door.Show me how many other microwaves have water trays to catch the water from cooking. Don't ask for help from Panasonic ,they find every excuse other than the cause of it.If they knew there was going to be more water problems in putting in a water catchment tray why did they not build it with stainless steel interior.

Gadget Queen

Gadget QueenCairns

Very happy!

I was nervous about buying this oven as the last Panasonic Steam-Plus oven we had was so disappointing, thankfully this one is fantastic! I've used all the cooking modes and they're great. I find it easy to Program and it's very easy to clean.
The steam function cooks really well as does the baking, grilling, microwave and easy grill modes. If you like baking pastries you will love the "steam bake" function which combines convection and steam modes to make the best pastry I've ever baked - it's also very good for roasting Chicken.
The oven looks very good in my kitchen and seams to be very high quality.

Susannah

SusannahBellingen, New South Wales

Complete lemon, will never buy another panasonic kitchen product again.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Lyn

LynQueensland

NOT HAPPY WITH THIS MICROWAVE

Cons: Too much water inside after cooking - roof of microwave rusted after less than 6 months. Water tray warped. Panasonic took 3 months to get me a replacement. Replacement didn't work. Panasonic replaced it again - same as first microwave with lots of water inside after cooking. I have to mop it up after each time I cook. There is a pea size of water in the water tray after cooking. I am worried the roof inside will just rust again. I have had Panasonic brand of microwaves for over 26 years and never had so much trouble. It is slow to cook. Things take a lot longer.. Looks nice but that's about all. You can do a whole lot better than this one Panasonic! Not happy!!

I hate this oven.

Looks fantastic

I have just had it installed and it looks fantastic. I am in the middle of reading the instructions and find them easy to read and understand. Next... to cook something. But hey.... I don't want to cook in my new kitchen.... it might get dirty!!! Lol

Gloria

I've now had my oven for nearly 4 years. I LOVE IT!!! Easy to use & a perfect size for me.

Jill

JillMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Glad to have chosen this oven

Exceptionally user friendly. Excellent results with baking. Have not used all the available cooking modes and combinations yet. I love the pull down door. The oven is very easy to program and to clean. It is very convenient having three shelf positions. The Operator's Manual is clear and concise and contains useful recipes. Having had disastrous experiences with my two previous microwave convection ovens, this one is promising. I hope it will continue to live up to my expectations.
Reasonable price, user friendly, well designed and made.