Panasonic NN-CF874BQPQ

Panasonic NN-CF874BQPQ

Onge

OngeMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

What a bad experience

Looked for a good replacement for previous one owned for 17 years. Had this unit for a few weeks and noticed that a crack had developed in base. Lodged a call to panasonic, sent them photos of the cracked base and what comes back, it appears to be impact damage, so it's the customers fault. Spent over $1000 and for what, so frustrated. Panasonic don't seem to care at all about customer service.
If you do buy this unit don't put anything on the glass it might crack. Arrrrrrrgh!!!!

Purchased in August 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,096.00.

Noise Level

Heather MSouth East Queensland, QLD

THE WORST MICROWAVE ON THE MARKET

My glass base has just shattered for no reason. Have returned it to the Good Guys and am now waiting to see what they are going to do about it. I never want to see this Microwave ever again it is the worst appliance I have ever bought. Please tell your friends and family to leave this product alone.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Panasonic
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Heather, have you contacted our customer service team to review this further for you? Phone number is 132600.

sevastian

sevastianSouth East Queensland, QLD

I’m very happy with this oven

This is the first good oven I’ve owned. I love the flatbed interior and would never go back to a rotational microwave. The convection works very well. The instruction book is excellent. The touch panel is intuitive especially after reading the instructions. Microwave reheating and cooking is very even. Its easy to clean, it’s quiet, the finish beep is audible but not annoying. The sensor works well (I set it to low). I’ve combination cooked roast pumpkin and it was perfect. I made an apple walnut cake and it Was very easy to get a good result. I’m starting to enjoy cooking -a first for me. I’m so glad i bought it!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Darren

Darren

Not a replacement for a conventional oven, but not a bad compromise for smaller basic meals

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Teri M

Teri MAdelaide

Flatbed Microwave - thought I would try it and it's just perfect!

Decided to try a flatbed microwave and it had to have a pulldown door and this Panasonic fitted the bill. The microwave is a little larger than the hole we had our previous one in, so we had to move it onto our bench, and it looks perfect there., it is made of a very sturdy construction.
Cooking results are perfect. Once the microwave is finished it a has taken me a week or so to get used to the noise it makes (like a fan turning) which goes for quite a while. It is not an annoying sound just distracting. I am used to it now and hardly hear it now.
The flatbed allows me to put larger and rectangular dishes in there and and everything is cooked to perfection. I can highly recommend this microwave.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Decent enough

Got a good deal on this from JB on this oven.
A huge upgrade to my previous and the auto-sensor works well, am yet to try baking/grilling in it in earnest, but for heating up pasties it does a good job.

Update: have been using it for 6 months now. Still pretty happy with the purchase. The temperature tends to be lower than stated so need yo compensate when baking.

Elaine B

Elaine BSydney, NSW

The worst convection/microwave I have ever had the misfortune to be stuck with!

One week short of warranty this model cracked center base right across lt to rt of entire floor which apparently is made of glass or ceramic material, NOT metal. This cracked glass was all over the inside shattered pieces like a result from hot to cold damage to glass - this material should NEVER be used inside a convection/microwave/grill oven - no reason on our part for this to have occurred. Panasonic are denying manufacture fault & will not replace/repair this unit.

Just a rust bucket

Had just 14 months & the roof is rusted ,always has large droplets of water on roof from any cooking that may have fluid included,Water just runs down inside of door into a large full width water catchment tray at base of door.Show me how many other microwaves have water trays to catch the water from cooking. Don't ask for help from Panasonic ,they find every excuse other than the cause of it.If they knew there was going to be more water problems in putting in a water catchment tray why did they not build it with stainless steel interior.

Gadget Queen

Gadget QueenCairns

Very happy!

I was nervous about buying this oven as the last Panasonic Steam-Plus oven we had was so disappointing, thankfully this one is fantastic! I've used all the cooking modes and they're great. I find it easy to Program and it's very easy to clean.
The steam function cooks really well as does the baking, grilling, microwave and easy grill modes. If you like baking pastries you will love the "steam bake" function which combines convection and steam modes to make the best pastry I've ever baked - it's also very good for roasting Chicken.
The oven looks very good in my kitchen and seams to be very high quality.

SusannahBellingen, New South Wales

Complete lemon, will never buy another panasonic kitchen product again.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Lyn

LynQueensland

NOT HAPPY WITH THIS MICROWAVE

Cons: Too much water inside after cooking - roof of microwave rusted after less than 6 months. Water tray warped. Panasonic took 3 months to get me a replacement. Replacement didn't work. Panasonic replaced it again - same as first microwave with lots of water inside after cooking. I have to mop it up after each time I cook. There is a pea size of water in the water tray after cooking. I am worried the roof inside will just rust again. I have had Panasonic brand of microwaves for over 26 years and never had so much trouble. It is slow to cook. Things take a lot longer.. Looks nice but that's about all. You can do a whole lot better than this one Panasonic! Not happy!!

Looks fantastic

I have just had it installed and it looks fantastic. I am in the middle of reading the instructions and find them easy to read and understand. Next... to cook something. But hey.... I don't want to cook in my new kitchen.... it might get dirty!!! Lol

Gloria

I've now had my oven for nearly 4 years. I LOVE IT!!! Easy to use & a perfect size for me.

See all Panasonic NN-CF874B / NN-CF874BQPQ reviews

Jeff.

Jeff.asked

Hi my machine won’t cycle to the cleaning options, was working last week and now doesn’t allow me to cycle to the cleaning option. Is there an easy fix or reset for this problem? Otherwise I absolutely love this microwave especially the crispy grill.

Panasonic
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jeff, we have responded to you on your other question for this.

Marieasked

What does the 874BQPQ have that the 874B does not have?

SNATZO
SNATZO

Hello Marie, extras are 3 more letters, but rest assured it will come with all the built in problems. We are a family that all cook and at times to gourmet levels, the convection microwave is central to the process. We are not occasional zappers as many other reviewers are, we rely on a device that is a good all rounder as it is in heavy use every day. This microwave runs in negative figures, even a lot of neutral would be OK, but it is not to be. Forget about back up service from Panasonic, you get poor lip service and a great deal of run around, warranty is made difficult at best and is more of a sales spiel than real world practicality.

Marie

What brand/model do you suggest then. Preferably with same door or left hinged. Wanted for caravanning, thanking you.

Susannahasked

Hi there. I want to buy a convection microwave but so many of them have terrible reviews. I know another person asked you the same question, but are you still happy nearly 6 months after buying it? I'm thinking of buying it based on your review. Many thanks Susannah

Jill
Jill

Hello Susannah, Yes I am very pleased with this oven and would highly recommend if you are a small household.
Its highest temperature is 230 degrees C so if you wanted to go higher than that you would need to think about it.
I haven't had any problems so far and love using it for both microwave and convection cooking - hope this will continue!
All the best. Jill

Gloria

Hello Suzanna. Did you buy this oven? Are you happy with the quality etc? I too want to buy one but it's so confusing with the negatives & positives.

Susannah

Yes Gloria, I bought this microwave in December based on Jill's review and I LOVE it. I researched and researched and read all the dreadful reviews of all the other brands and I'm thrilled with it and haven't looked back. I have nothing negative to say about it. I found the cheapest price online and Harvey Norman beat it by $10.....I paid $789 for it, not cheap but worth every cent.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives