Panasonic NN-SF574S

MPNs: 35904348 and NN-SF574SQPQ

23 questions from our users

Cheryl M.

Cheryl M.asked

I just purchased a Panasonic Dimension 4 Model NN-CD997S, every time I use the microwave I need to reset the clock. Why?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Cheryl, if you are talking about the time, you shouldn't have to. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

Tahnee W.

Tahnee W.asked

How do you unlock it

Itchy Julie

Just googled and while I couldn’t find a result for this particular model, on other Panasonics you can either hold the start/reset button for three seconds or push it three times. Try that and see if it works, or get your google on and see if you can find the exact instruction for this model.

Sherin J.

Sherin J.asked

Hello! The backlight on the clock display went out after about 30 min of using the microwave. Is there a setting we needed to change?

Itchy Julie

Mine never went for that amount of time - the cool function wouldn’t stop kicking in, so I’m no help, sorry.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Sherin, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

GordonL98

GordonL98asked

Just replaced our Microwave with A Sharp NN-SF668S. Can't make the more or less buttons do any thing. Did I get a bad one or am I missing something? Tried the popcorn setting as described in the manual still nothing. Thanks Gordon

Charles

Charlesasked

How can I replace the light in my NN SF564W flat bed microwave?

Miran K.

Miran K.asked

How can I brighten the control panel of my Panasonic microwave model # NN-SC668S. It's too dark.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Miran, sorry this isn't something you can adjust.

Richard P.

Well why would you make a display that is too DIM. I have myopeia anyways and the dim even in a dimmed room display is annoying. Whatever dim-witted [sic] fool at Panasonic decided to make it this dim at Panasonic as a default needs a kick in the ring. [Irrelevant content removed] The door doesn't close properly either. Really annoyed about this.

baby bearasked

why would the area under the turntable go rusty when I dry the interior after every use and is it now safe to use

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi, rust generally appears after a long period of exposure, could there have been something under the turn table causing this rust? We would not recommend using a unit that has rust inside it.

baby bear

thank you for your advice - there has been nothing under the turntable part - I keep it wiped and clean. The unit is just out of warranty. I will stop using the microwave and save up for another one.

Zeeshan

Zeeshanasked

Hi, I have Panasonic NN SF574S. Just started a problem that suddenly door stop closing and was opening again and again after trying few times it start working. Opening and closing is working fine but when I start the microwave the timer starts and then after few seconds it's went on cool...

Does not start heats at all... brand new just 2 weeks back warranty finish... awaiting

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Zeeshan, sorry to hear about the fault with your microwave. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

Maree

Mareeasked

Does the 27L flatbed microwave have an internal light so you can see the food cooking?

Marie Roach
Marie Roach

Good question, Yes, it does have a light but its so useless it's not funny. This appliance is hopeless....I would have expected a far better one from Panasonic. Coupled with the display being so dark you can't see it makes the microwave a very useless appliance. If Panasonic doesn't rectify this problem or refund my money I will never buy or recommend Panasonic ever again :-<

Richard P.

Tell me about it. This is a lemon.

Annetta B.

Annetta B.asked

Hello .We have only used our machine for 2 weeks and the unit is very noisy

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Annetta, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance.

AndrewGoffe

AndrewGoffeasked

We have a Panasonic NN-T774SF microwave that is about 12 years old and has just started to trip the fuse box when used. Is it time to replace it? Are there any current models that have the same specifications that will fit into the kitchen joinery that was built around the Panasonic NN-T774SF microwave?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Andrew, you could have the product assessed by a service agent, please contact us on 132600 for further details. The current model that has the same dimensions is as follows

maree m.asked

Just purchased microwave model number NN-SF564W tried to cook Zucchini Slice followed guidelines unfortunately burnt the bottom but was not cooked around edge. What is the problem am I supposed to elevate on rack does not say to do so in instructions not happy.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Maree, we do recommend elevating your food in the flatbed technology. For some more information please refer to our FAQ on this type of unit.

maree m.

I followed instructions in manual does not say anything about elevating maybe should be added to instructions and recipe. So does this mean I have to elevate when reheating as well if so where do you buy microwave safe rack

Tony H

Tony Hasked

Bought the NN-SF574SQPQ in April 2019. Recently noticed that its power appear to have diminished after usage of about 1/2 hour for heating/cooking food. A mug of cold water would normally take around 2 minutes 25 seconds to boil. However, it takes longer if the microwave had been used for a period of time as mentioned above. I have tested this using several mugs of water sequentially, and stopped after the last mug (#7) of water took up to 4.5 minutes to boil. What is the problem?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tony, after cooking for long periods of time the unit will take longer to cook. It needs time to cool the internal components. After cooking 7 mugs of water as you mention this will cause the unit to slow down.

Rheaasked

Why its making a loud noise when in use and when still cooling

John J
John J

I think it is just the fan that is making the noise as it cools down the oven after use

Rhea

Why its too loud? And why is it cooling down? Thats why u heat it up?!

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Rhea, the unit will make a noise in use and while cooling down. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 if the noise is loud.

Helen Schumannasked

I have just purchased a Panasonic nn-sf574s microwave but the display panel is very dim. How do I fix it?

cliff
cliff

i dont think it has a dimmer button,so all i can say it must be a weak bulb,i dont actually have a microwave ,i have a convection oven much different

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Helen, you are unable to control the display panel. You may notice it is a little darker than previous models due to the LED that is now used.

Many thanks.

Felicity L

Felicity Lasked

We have had this current model of Panasonic for 1 week. We had an earlier model of the flatbed for many years and were very happy with it. Tonight I used it to cook rice and when I went to get it out of the microwave the external box and button to open the door were so hot you could barely touch them with bare hands. We never experienced this with the previous model and I am now very concerned about the fire risk of this in the kitchen.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Felicity, please send us a private message with your contact details so we can contact you directly to discuss this further. Thank you

Gutetama

Gutetamaasked

Can it bake cakes and cookies?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Gutetama, if you are able to use microwaves in the recipes to bake it will work, however this is not a convection model. For some recipe ideas, please refer to https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/ as well as the user manual.

Janasked

My Panasonic microwave will beep and the time goes and in its place is the number 12 then it beeps again and displays 13 this goes on until I turn it off then I need to set the time and off we go for maybe 1 day or it can be 2 or more then I hear beep up comes 12 and more beeping up comes 13 so a while I’m sick of hearing this beeping so back to turning it off anymore have any ideas ?

Kev
Kev

i haven't had anything happen like this. It sounds like you need to put in a warranty claim with the manufacturer. Good luck Jan

Tracey

Traceyasked

Can you turn the brightness up on the display panel? Mine is not bright at all
Thanks tracey

SEJ
SEJ

As far as I know you cant. It was one of the complaints I read when choosing this microwave. The positive reviews outweighed this though. I cant say I want to see inside that much when I'm cooking, but then again, others might.

TrishaG
TrishaG

Do you mean the digital readout? I don’t think that there is any way to adjust it. Mine is quite bright though.

Lisa

Lisaasked

I brought one a week ago. Cooked rice for 16 mins, (as per the manual) during this time there was a lot of steam coming out the vents and left our microwave cavity quite damp from the steam. The inside still had bead of water the next day. There is plenty of clearance between the microwave and the cavity. Why would like be occurring as I don't want my cupboards to warp?

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives