Panasonic NN-SF574S

Panasonic NN-SF574S (page 4 of 12)

MPNs: 35904348 and NN-SF574SQPQ

Microwaves Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of microwave would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.5

Barbara L.

Barbara L.Far North Queensland, QLD

Great value and looks good

My old Panasonic microwave finally died after many years of faithful service. I bought a nearly identical looking model but without all the bells and whistles that previously were expensive (convection, grill, oven etc). It's easy for use and the only disadvantage is fingerprints show on the glass/stainless steel so it has to be wiped down occasional but that's not a big deal. I like the fact that there's no turntable.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Barbara, thank you for the feedback, hopefully this new model provides you many years of faithful service also.

DeeJay

DeeJayMelbourne

Hate it. Interior is rusting!!

Even after the 'cooling' cycle has completed, the interior is always dripping wet. We now leave the door open when not in use, in an effort to dry this thing out. As the interior light does not time out, this means that the light is permanently on. As a result of this unintentional humidifier, our 18month old microwave now has big lumps of bubbling rust on the interior roof vent. We have just begun the warranty claim process, so let's see if this ends well. I do NOT recommend this microwave.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Linda

LindaBrisbane

Magic Microwave

I was pleasantly surprised with how easy and quick I was able to use my new Panasonic Microwave. I have tried a few of the delicious recipes which were easy to make and cook and I look forward to making more. This microwave is easy to clean and very easy to use. I totally recommend this microwave.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Linda, thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. It is great to hear about all of the features you are using.

Lin

LinWarwick

Its Great

We needed a new microwave and Panasonic was the way to go. It is user friendly quick and simple which suits us. It does the job really well with the various settings being very helpful too. Very easy to clean and above all it is reliable. Also it look good.

Date PurchasedJul 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lin, thank you for providing such great feedback, we are pleased to hear that you are so happy with your microwave.

Veronica

VeronicaQld, 4285

New old friend!

Purchased a new microwave, Panasonic, today. Very happy with it, easy to use and simple instruction panel on the friend which is user friendly. Easy to clean and very familiar with the round table inside. Suits me new kitchen well and is a nice silver metal colour which fits in well.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Veronica, thank you for the great review, we are pleased to hear your new unit works so well for your lifestyle.

Lou2LoopsWA, 6171

Wonderful Microwave

This microwave is unusual in that it doesn't have a turntable inside. The interior because of this, is so clean looking and simple. Food is cooked through very well and the controls are simple to use. One problem that seems to persist with all microwaves I've come across is that as soon as there's a power outage, the clock has to be reset. I don't understand why an internal battery couldn't be used to keep a record of the time but as I say, just about all microwaves I've encountered are like this. Anyway, well done Panasonic for producing such a beautifully designed and useful appliance.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lou2Loops, thank you for the feedback, it is most helpful to understand what future improvements you would like to see.

Lou2Loops

A clock that remembers the time after a power outage. It's very annoying to have to reset the clock when the power has been interrupted. Come on guys, it's 2018!

Lpott

LpottAU

Hate it.

I hate this microwave. It takes forever to heat things to hot. Had my old sharp carousel for 15 years & 3 mins to reheat a dish would have it steaming hot. Took me 6 mins on full heat & it's still not hot enough.
Give me back my old one anyday. The salesman talked us into this useless one.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Erica

Erica

Love it!

I love my Panasonic microwave. It’s so reliable and easy to use. Has lots of great settings for different amounts of power and different types of meals. Doesn’t hold smells and is very easy to clean. Also looks really slick. I use it multiple times every day and haven’t had any issues.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Erica, thank you for taking the time to provide a review on your microwave, we are pleased to hear you are so happy with it.

kiwicarolyn

kiwicarolyn

Love it Highly recommend.

Really love this microwave. Flat base and no turntable makes cleaning a piece of cake. Cooking is very even throughout so no cold patches. Love the fact I can get big serving dishes inside. My only negatice point (and it's not really a big deal) is the internal light. During day time it's really hard to see inside but at night time it's fine.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi KiwiCarolyn, thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback. We are pleased to hear you are enjoying your microwave.

Nikky

NikkyMelbourne

Another great Panasonic microwave!

I recently purchased this flat base model after my old turn table microwave gave up the ghost. I can't complain though, as it lasted more than 5 years. I am thrilled with the increased capacity due to the flat base. Very easy to use and does not take up excess space & looks sleek & modern. I look forward to many years of trouble-free cooking!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Nikky, thank you for the positive feedback, we are glad to hear that you are so happy with your new flat bed microwave oven. Happy cooking

Gagan

GaganMarsden Park

good product

happy with the product, great product. no fuss of cleaning glass tray internally. would have been better if available in bigger sizes. great technology but restricted due its size. will recommend, ours is bit noisy but it seems as if its not leveled properly. price wise its a win win.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Stuart

Stuart

OK it cooks!

Bought a random microwave, after all they all do the same thing right?. No points of difference other than looks, my last microwave lasted 14 years and I was happy with that! so I guess call me in 14 years to see if this is still working! This looks OK time will tell if it is any good.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Keeps Turing off mid cycle.....push start area very loose

I have same problem as previous review won't start or keeps turning off after several seconds. This has been intermittent for the last couple of months but getting worse. Start button is very loose. Have had the unit for approx 18months would not purchase the same again. As out of warranty will cost me more than purchase price to repair..... Will be happy to go back to the round glass top again, long term use and they just died of old age.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Kev

KevPerth

Great design

The new design Panasonic Inverter Microwave is great. Not having the round turntable makes it much easier to put in larger square plates or dishes into the microwave. Also not having the turntable it is much easier to clean.... The controls are very simple to use. All in all a great product and good value.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Lealeabgo

LealeabgoBendigo

3 minutes to heat a bowl of broth.

Cons. Does not heat well, does not heat evenly, fan continues after it's done so you think its still working on your food but it's not, can't add minutes or seconds after starting without turning off and resetting fully, cannot watch food spin...
Pros. Looks slick, more inside space.
Recommendation: By something else

hdogsta

hdogstaMelbourne

Standard Microwave & Easy to Use

I moved into student accommodation early this year and this was the microwave that they provided for me in my studio room. I am overall very happy with this microwave as it has all the necessary functions of a microwave including the lovely "inverter turbo" defrost option. Heats up my food on the regular without any issues and generally no mess in the microwave if I don't use a lid for the container.

Would recommend to anyone.

Carla

CarlaNSW, 2142

Great microwave

I love this microwave as it has no turning plate, so it gives you larger space for plates, and you can fit square dishes! That feature also makes it easier to clean the inside. It also has inverter technology which makes heating more even than standard microwaves. It's overall a good size and has many reheating options like vegetables, pasta, potatoes, meat, etc. It looks good too. Love it!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
bsidey

bsideyBathurst

Too many button pushes for me

I don't like it. I wish it would:
Run on High power for 30 seconds when I push start,
Add another 30 seconds while its running and I press start or at least allow me to add more time while its running,
Allow me to set the beep volume level (0-10). I don't want wake the baby in the middle of the night.

The cool feature is stupid. I defrosted some butter for 20 seconds, and then it has to COOL for 60 seconds?

Date PurchasedJul 2018
K K

K K

Better than my previous model Panasonic

We chose this flatbed one when we decided to upgrade from our last Panasonic turntable (which didn't have anything really wrong with it, apart from a light bulb which blew regularly). I like that there are less power graduations on this one - so it is effectively faster to choose the power setting every time. Easy to use, easy to clean, happy with our change over.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
SEJ

SEJNew South Wales

Best IVe had

Brilliant machine. Cooks evenly, quickly and love the melt feature. Does as it says, doesn't cook, it melts. Flat bed is so easy to clean. Never a turntable again shall I have. Surprisingly more compact than what I thought it was when I saw on the store. Have limited space and fits the same spot my 19L Sharp did. If you are looking to replace your microwave, must have a look at this one.

Date PurchasedJun 2018