Panasonic ECONAVI Reverse Cycle Inverter PKR Series

Panasonic ECONAVI Reverse Cycle Inverter PKR Series

CS/CU-E9DKR (2.6kW), CS/CU-E9PKR (2.6kW), CS/CU-E12PKR (3.5kW), CS/CU-E15PKR (4.4kW), CS/CU-E18PKR (5.0kW) and 4 more

40 db whistler

The Panasonic AC I had installed in my bedroom is a real nuisance. Sure it heats and cools BUT. The but is the unit emits a 42 db whistle intermittently with no discernible pattern. I've been told that the whistle is due to the unit being rooftop mounted and is therefore outside the warranty. However, I localised the sound to the left end of the indoor unit using a stethoscope. Covering the left end of the unit with lead sheet has reduced the noise quite a lot but it does look ugly.

42 DB is equivalent to a car going past a few metres away and is well outside the 22 DB stated on the specifications sheet. I have searched other forums and found several others had the same issue, but dealing with Panasonic's support is difficult.

I am not an A.C. novice as I have 20 units across several houses. The quietest are the Mitshubushi Heavy Industry followed by the Daikins.

When I get a chance I will swap out the unit and I will NOT buy a Panasonic A.C. again.

A great day for me today. I have got rid of my very noisy but new Panasonic and have installed a Mitsubishi Heavy Industry unit and it is wonderfully quiet. Quiet inside and outside, powerful and efficient.

Cool enough for me

Purchase this from Harvey Norman unit just before summer and it’s truly a life saver. Installed this in the master bedroom and it just takes seconds to cool the entire room down. It is also quite quiet which was a pleasant surprise. We also used this in the winter as a reversed system and can’t say we have any complaints.

Date PurchasedSep 2015

Great item

Unit os quiet most of the time but after extensive use when switching on it takes a while to kock.in and habe heat come out of it. Need to clean filters regularly otherwise you wont get sufficent heat or cooling. Inbetween change overs of filter the warmth keeps your house warm.amd coolong is great

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Great aircon

I'm very happy with this split system and has many different modes. It's very quiet especially with the quiet mode. The instillation was good although the guys scratched the paint on the staircase. It's extremely easy to use and can go to a very high fan setting for those hotter days.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

It does the job!

This air conditioner keeps me well and truly cool in summer. It does have its comments where it takes a while to start cooling or the fan options have to be adjusted, but those are problems that I have just learnt to live with. Overall this is a good air conditioner that I love!

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Noisy outside unit

Top notch install but, very noisy outside unit. It makes gurgling sounds when running. Works really well in both heat, and cool mode. Remote features are real easy to figure out. Inside unit is very quiet. Powerful and quiet mode both work and are great features. Apart from the noisy outside unit, a great air conditioner that work really well in heat and cool.

Date PurchasedApr 2015

good

is Very quiet overall, quick to heat/cool large area, installation was horrible but only due to house design and layout. Only negative is a nightmare to clean, great job at cleaning and humidifying the air though.
Ease of use could be improved but is overall better than our old system

Date PurchasedJan 2017

wonderful little air conditioner

This is a fantastic excellent quality hard working little air conditioner. It is easy to use and very energy efficient. I would highly recommend it and buy it again. The options can be a little confusing but I just leave it on the same setting. The remote is very handy as well if you leave it fixed to the fitting on the wall.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Does the job.

We had our 5KW Panasonic split installed early last year. It has gotten us through a warm summer and easily did the job. I also like the feature of the split system that it has a built in humidifier, this came in very handy after steam cleaning our floors. The only downfall for the unit, is that it can be quite noisy. It makes a slight groaning sound when in use. I find this to be quite frustrating.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

GREAT FOR SUMMER AND WINTER.

Last February we got the Panasonic air conditioner inverter installed.

it was the right decision as its cool the room right away in minutes and its very quiet. the installation didn't take long straight in and done.

and for winter like these days its warm the room right away and again very quiet.

Very happy with the purchase.

Perfect Air conditioner

Easy to install:
1) Mount the mounting plate
2) Hang the air curtain up

Note = The case is slim and lightweight. The detailed diagrams for connecting the included door micro-switch is very helpful.

2 Speeds: Quiet (low speed) & Powerful (high speed)

It really helps keep the hot air out of the store.

Overall, the air conditioner is a great product! Happy with the fast shipping and high quality.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

A good aircon

The air conditioner is good for both winter and summer. I have a small baby so i use it on winter to heat up the room and i should say we can get the room warm quickly for a 3.5kw aircon. So i would recommend it to anyone who is looking for an aircon with a budget limit.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Great unit, heats the whole house

Happy with the unit's performance, no issues so far which is great. Doesn't make a lot of noise and most of the time you wouldn't know it is on.
Installation wasn't overly expensive and the unit doesn't take up a lot of space inside the house. Would recommend this unit again

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Fabulous bedroom cooling with a timer

This is for our bedroom and it is excellent. It maintains the set temperature and is quiet. The best feature for the bedroom is the timer. We set it for a time to turn off a couple of hours after we go to bed and it works wonderfully to keep us cool but not to have it run all night

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Clicks all the time

Would not recommend this line of air conditioner. I had 3 installed in my house. One of them works ok, the other 2 click all the time. I've had servicemen out to repair, they can't seem to find the fault. Avoid at all costs. Wish I had gone with another brand. 9pkr and 24pkr

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Quiet and cool !!!

Ducted heating/ cooling were already installed in our home when we purchased it ..
However , where we live the humidity is high , and this type of cooling is useless on certain summer days ...
Therefore we had a Panasonic Split System Inverter installed ...best money ever spent !!!
It is very quiet to run ...also economical ..and keeps the room lovely and cool ...

Absolutely amazing aircons

Bought 2 3.5 units & they are cooling two rooms each, whisper quiet & so very effective. Have them set on 24 & 2nd fan speed & the house is so cool on the hot days, like the 40+' we have been having. Have not had a chance to try the heating yet but that is supposed to be even more effective. On hot days, it is great to have them set to come on before arriving home & walk into a lovely cool house. Very easy to use as in setting the temp & fan speed & the timer is easy also. The installation process did not take long with the local electrician.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Godsend...

Lovely and quiet, quick response to change of function, great choices of functions. Can change direction of airflow, up, down and side to side or have it on auto and it does it for you. Quite a nice looking unit for size, small wall space but large open area to cool. Unusually hot summer and I prefer ceiling fans but moved into new house, ceiling fans not installed yet. I love my aircon!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great Air Conditioner

I was advised by my installer (lucky to get him he was great,everyone else said 4-5 weeks) that for a home unit Panasonic was the best brand. We were buying another brand but went with Panasonic...no difference in price. The unit was installed within 4 hours on a first floor unit, the motor is on the balcony floor. We walked into a lovely cool room to inspect the job and as for noise on the balcony ...very quiet. Very happy B-]

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

very happy with this unit!

I got this unit only a week ago, but the very next day after installation, the ambient temperature was 41degC,The unit easily cooled the 45m2 primary cooling area, while also secondarily cooling another 24m2 in 2 bedrooms.I have only had it set on 23. Installation was completed within 3 hours. It is relatively quiet and easy to use. I am very happy with my purchase.