Panasonic SD-2501

MPNs: 35902769, PSD2501, SD-2501 and SD2501

210 questions from our users

Maz B

Maz Basked

My old Breville has finally died and I am looking at the SD-2501. The manual just tells you that it bakes Medium, Large and Extra large loaves. What is that in loaf size? Beville let you make 500, 750, 1 kg loaves

How do I adapt other recipes?

Marie

Bangsimon71

Bangsimon71asked

Why are some of the bread recipes only for a one size? Also. When baking caked, it’s so tedious to line the bucket! Any good ideas of how to do that?

Kathy

Kathyasked

I’m wanting to make carb free bread is this machine able to do it? I’ve read all the reviews and it sounds like it’s exactly what l want

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Kathy, there isn't a specific setting on this unit for this option and we don't have a recipe for this specifically, so would be more trial and error unless someone in the community is able to share their experience with you.

Nuritt B.

Nuritt B.asked

I have tried making rye bread several times and it is a dismal failure. The other breads have been great. What is the problem? I have weighed carefully, used the right blade and followed all instructions....help.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Nuritt, sorry it is very difficult to answer your question as to why it is just the rye bread that you are having trouble with.

Emily

Emilyasked

I have a Panasonic sd-2511 with great results for 3 years. Paddle started to get v lethargical and now it doesn't turn at all. I opened up inside and undid screwdrivers but can't really access to ascertain what's going on. Removed screws in 4 feet but this doesn't give me access. How can I mend my beloved machine?

TAO1
TAO1

Contact Panasonic on their FB page.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Emily, please contact our customer service team on 132600 for further assistance. We don't recommend repair and pulling the unit apart yourself.

Elaine G.

Elaine G.asked

How do I make sour dough bread in my Panasonic 2501 using a sour dough starter please?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Elaine, this model doesn't have a sour dough function on it. It would be trial and error if you are able to get it to work as per the instructions on your starter mix.

Elaine G.

Elaine G.asked

How do you make sour dough bread in the Panasonic 2501 using a sour dough starter, what setting do I use?

Lisa P.

Lisa P.asked

I have 2 different types of paddles in my bread machine. What is the difference between them

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lisa, one is for Rye and grain mixes, each recipe will tell you which one is the most relevant.

Andrea

Andreaasked

I have made bread in this machine with no problems for nearly two years on setting 4. But the last two times it's got stuck on rise and won't move on to bake setting. Please advise?

Paulagb

Paulagbasked

I have a new Panasonic 2501 and using simply no knead light rye bread mix. I need help with which setting and recipe as the 2 loaves we have tried have been like bricks and very uneven

Leanne B.

Leanne B.asked

I just bought the SD 2501 in NZ. Where do I find the basic raisin bread recipe?

Afraasked

my machine did not release the fruit into the dough what could it be i have a panasonic SD 2501

Reasonable_user

Look up the manual, page 6. Raisin nut dispenser can be used only with menu 03, 06, 14, 17, 19 and 25. Also, look up page 14 for more details.

I was using menu 3 and it didn’t release anything

BrionyW

BrionyWasked

Is this model made in Japan or China?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Briony, this breadmaker is made in Taiwan.

Rose
Rose

The sticker on the bottom of mine says Panasonic Taiwan, Made in China

Luanda P.

Luanda P.asked

Why does my breadmaker have an annoying squeaking sound during certain parts of the cycle. Otherwise it makes excellent bread and love it.

Rob
Rob

Sorry Luanda no idea. Might need a service which I have never heard a breadmaker needing.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Luanda, doesn't sound normal, please contact your retail partner for assistance, they may swap the unit over for you.

Elvie

Elvieasked

We have had three loaves that haven't risen, flour and yeast stuck to the bottom and only a third the size, in summary inedible. The yeast is in date and the flour is from an organic farm called doves farm and has previously worked beautifully. Any suggestions as to why?
Regards,
Elvie

Reasonable_user

First you put the warm water in the tin, then flour and yeast, salt and oil if required by your recipe. I also add a bit of sugar and improver for rye and multigrain bread. That is the basic how you use the Panasonic SD-2501. Make sure use the correct kneading blade and ensure the blade is correctly seated on the shaft, otherwise there is no mixing, no kneading.

Avis G.

Avis G.asked

Does it have a collapsible paddle?

Ivy
Ivy

It comes with 2 kneading blades. Not the collapsible one.

JLKasked

Is it normal for the paddle to get stuck in the bread?
I’ve only had the bread maker a few days.

Reasonable_user

Yes, just remember to remove the blade from bread before you slice it.

JLK

Thank you, I have found adding a little oil on the kneading blade helps

ryanm

ryanmasked

I lost the regular paddle while moving house. Can I still make white bread using the rye bread paddle or will it not work?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Ryan, it will work but may not have the same consistency. You can purchase new spare parts for your bread maker via our spare parts distributor network.

Amanda G.

Amanda G.asked

Hi, on google search page it is showing this bread maker as being $241 - yet on your website it is $266? Can you please advise what price it is.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Amanda, $379 is the RRP of the unit. Google ads will show the retailers pricing at the current time which maybe lower.

Liz

Lizasked

I made a medium size loaf of bread. I set the bread maker on XL size . Will the bread still make?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Liz, sorry we missed this until now. What were the results of your bread?

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives