Panasonic SD-2501

MPNs: 35902769, PSD2501, SD-2501 and SD2501

178 questions from our users

Angela

Angelaasked

Hi, I just got this machine and am learning. In the manual it has a circle with a cross through it on most of the dough and jam mixes. Does this mean I cant do it in machine?

Sassy

Sassyasked

Which breadmaker made the best gluten free bread?

Hi Sassy, we have a few great options supported by Coeliac Australia

Samasked

Hi there. I just bought the SD2501 yesterday and made my own basic bread today. However, the tip of the bread didn't turn brown. The side of the bread nicely baked. Is there any specific reason for this thing? Thank you

THe Bear
THe Bear

Hello Sam, before u press the start button another button should be pressed. Whether u want light, medium or dark. Just press the one u want, we like medium but, if you want darker so press the darker, Good luck

Sam

I did that but still didn't work.

Shaz729

Hi Sam. I don’t know either, if you followed the correct amounts for the size of loaf and of course the dark/medium/light setting. Best to call Panasonic with your question, I’m sure someone will have the answer for you.

Caroline A.asked

How do i clean my machine after years in the garage? It smells musty but does turn on.

Shaz729

I would just let it sit out on the counter for a couple of days. You’re cannot immerse the unit in water so I would give it a good wipe out with a damp cloth and the outside with maybe with a damp cloth a maybe a drop dish soap.

Shaz729

Or better yet, call Panasonic and ask them what they suggest.

Caroline A.

Thank you. So do you think it's safe to use, mould-wise?

jaygee999asked

The mixed dry fruit did not dispense when baking spicy fruit loaf, why?

Ash

You have to check the menue number. Some menue numbers do not function with the dispenser. Check the manual...

jaygee999

Menu number 3 - specially for spicy fruit loaf!

Lyn B.asked

I am using my own sour dough starter and wonder if I can make the dough in the bread maker

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Lyn, you are able to do this, please refer to the user manual on making dough.

mauz

mauzasked

Does the SD 5201 come with the 2
Paddles/blades

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mauz, yes they do come with 2, standard kneading blade and a nut blade.

Anthea P.

Anthea P.asked

Hi - is it possible to use this machine for mixing only and then remove the dough to bake in the oven?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Anthea, yes it is able to do this.

Daveasked

I have a SD-250, I want the machine to start immediately. But all I have is a 4 hour delay. Any ideas?

Dave

My neighbour and one and he advised and showed me, the machine does not start immediately. It unlike other bread machines just sits there and then eventually starts.
Very strange as the web sites all say, when it is at REST the machine still stirs.
It might be advisable for Panasonic to indicate this in their manual, as I almost returned it to the supplier.

Hi
Make sure your time matches the menue number and/or NO TIME is added as extra to the total time.

The majority of the total time is for rising and baking is only about less than an hour.

I would turn it off for hours then turn on and supervise the machine and film for a minute every hour and send it to the Factory.

Good luck

June Bowers

June Bowersasked

Which menu number do I choose if I make a light whole meal loaf which contains both whole meal and plain flour? Cannot find a number for this loa on page 38

Susan

Susanasked

Can you make cakes in this machine

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Susan, yes you can, please refer to page 18 of the user manual for more information.

Kimmie N.

Kimmie N.asked

Can I make small loaves of bread?

John Z.asked

Hi Panasonic.

Does the SD-2501 have manual programs? To program your own setting with your own timing and temperature ETC? Does it have Bake Only setting like the Breville BBM 800?

John
Melbourne Austrtalia

MaRia
MaRia

You can set your own timing and temperature, not sure what the Bake Only is in the Breville I dont seem to have it on mine. Cheers MaRia

John Z.

Thanks Maria. But I have gone through the manual and I couldn't find this feature. How do you put your own temperature and timing? Thanks. John

Emmaconasked

I've had my machine for a week now and everything comes out burnt. On light setting for soft bread, the loaf is really dark, and on programme 1 for white, the loaf actually has black on it, it's so burnt. Should I return it for refund?

Kris B.
Kris B.

Yeh thats really strange. Are you following the recipes in the instruction manual and weighing all of your ingredients? I've never had these issues at all so it might be best to talk to the manufacturer if you're sure that you're doing everything right. :)

Emmacon

Yes I am weighing everything religiously. Will send back today. For that price I want a machine that makes edible bread.

Rita P

Rita Pasked

I purchased a 3rd Panasonic breadmaker SD 2501 recently and haven't had much success making wholemeal bread. It is very heavy and doesn't rise evenly. I didn't have any problems with the other 2 over many years. Have you any suggestions about how I can improve the quality of the wholemeal bread?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Rita, are you following the instructions in the user manual, or have you been using a specific mix or something from scratch? We would recommend using the guides in the user manual as these are tried at tested on our products.

Paul Tasked

Can you make the sourdough starter in a 2502

Sorry, I mean Sd 2501
The machine has a program 27 and 10

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Paul, sorry this unit doesn't have a program for sour dough.

Mardi

Mardiasked

Does it really matter what Kneading blade you use for the different breads

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mardi, it is recommended to use the correct kneading blade to ensure you get the best cooked bread and avoid damage to the bread maker.

Dave A.asked

I’ve had my Panasonic 2501 for about 6 months and the paddle suddenly seems to be loose on the driveshaft, whereas before it seemed to be a snug fit. Is there a piece missing between the shaft and the paddle? And worse. Have we eaten it? It also seems to be noisier now because the paddle is moving around on the driveshaft.

Rhonda

Does the other paddle fit tight? If not it has the be the driveshaft. If it is only 6 moths old it should be under warranty.

Dave A.

No it doesn’t. Yes I realise it’s under warranty but I can’t understand how it’s happened. I can’t see what’s missing.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Dave, it doesn't sound like there is a part missing as the parts are large and you would notice this. You can contact our customer service team on 132600 and provide photos for our further review to assist you.

Andor

Andorasked

bake only menu 15 how long to bake?

According to the book, 3 of the recipes are 50 minutes and 1 is 55 minutes

Rhonda

Also you do have to enter the time required on the timer

David JWasked

How to prevent holes appearing in the centre of the loaf

Rhonda

Hi David, it could be too much yeast or too much water. It is kind of trial and error to get it right.

David JW

Thanks Rhonda. I suspect it is too much water. Just a little makes a big difference. Will try experimenting.

Good luck

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives