Panasonic SD-2501

MPNs: 35902769, PSD2501 and SD2501

161 questions from our users

Mardi

Mardiasked

Does it really matter what Kneading blade you use for the different breads

Dave A.asked

I’ve had my Panasonic 2501 for about 6 months and the paddle suddenly seems to be loose on the driveshaft, whereas before it seemed to be a snug fit. Is there a piece missing between the shaft and the paddle? And worse. Have we eaten it? It also seems to be noisier now because the paddle is moving around on the driveshaft.

Rhonda

Does the other paddle fit tight? If not it has the be the driveshaft. If it is only 6 moths old it should be under warranty.

Dave A.

No it doesn’t. Yes I realise it’s under warranty but I can’t understand how it’s happened. I can’t see what’s missing.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Dave, it doesn't sound like there is a part missing as the parts are large and you would notice this. You can contact our customer service team on 132600 and provide photos for our further review to assist you.

Andor

Andorasked

bake only menu 15 how long to bake?

According to the book, 3 of the recipes are 50 minutes and 1 is 55 minutes

Rhonda

Also you do have to enter the time required on the timer

David JWasked

How to prevent holes appearing in the centre of the loaf

Rhonda

Hi David, it could be too much yeast or too much water. It is kind of trial and error to get it right.

David JW

Thanks Rhonda. I suspect it is too much water. Just a little makes a big difference. Will try experimenting.

Good luck

Pets Sclater

Pets Sclaterasked

I have a Panasonic SD2501, what setting would I use to make yeast free bread, as in Amaizing Bread flour. The packet says A yeast free or cake program but my machine doesn’t have those. Thanks

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi, sorry we don't have the exact answer for this, it would be a bit of trial and error.

Sandyasked

Hiya...we got our new panasonic machine yesterday and today i am trying out just a plain white loaf. We are hoping it turns out as good as so many bakers have reported with theirs. I would like to know about making a raisin loaf in it, for toasting. There doesn't seem to be a suitable program for it, though, so can you help us out with this, please?It would be much appreciated as we enjoy our raisin toast very much.
Sandy n Bob.

Rhonda

Hi Sandy, firstly this is a great machine, the best I have had. In their operating instruction and recipe book that came with the machine, on page 24 there is a spicy fruit loaf, I have made it and it turned out great. Instead of mixed dried fruit you could just use raisins instead. I used the dried fruit that you would use for making a Christmas Cake, as everything is in one packet. Enjoy your bread.

Hello Rhonda,
Thanks ever so much for the quick reply and also the advice re page 24...I will definitely check it out and try suggestion re the mixed fruit mixture soon. You’re right about this being a great machine. I’ve had another couple of bread makers in the past but the loaf I got out of it today turned out amazingly good and certainly superior to those other machines! Still got to slice and taste it but that is a treat I’ll wait a little bit for lol. Thanks again...better go and make a start on cooking our meal for tonight. Cheerio

Charlotte

Charlotteasked

Can we use spelt flour in this model of breadmaker and also can we make sourdough bread?

Rhonda

Hi Charlotte there is a recipe in the booklet that came with the machine that uses Spelt flour. I haven't tried it yet but will do so. Not sure about sourdough bread, another user may know.

Fhon

Fhonasked

Does the machine works well for wholemeal loaf?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Fhon, you should have no problems with wholemeal bread, the recipe may assist you in the manual for the best results.

Keryl Rutter

Keryl Rutterasked

Does this one make Jam?

Jenny
Jenny

yes, it does

Tinaasked

I have a Panasonic SD-251 and can’t even get it to start
There is power as the settings al work but the start/stop button is not lit and I have tried t hold down for 5 sec and more but nothing
Help

Lesley Browning
Lesley Browning

Try moving either the loaf size button or the crust light, dark button, up or down & then the start button will light up. I don’t know why you have to do that but mine will not work either until I’ve moved (usually the load size button) up. Then choose the size you want & all should be good. I love mine & very happy with it. My husband also got caught on the same issue when he made a loaf & I had to tell him the trick. Good luck

Oh ok thanks so much
I have tried the loaf size but nothing
I’ll keep trying
Thanks though

Daphneasked

Why does the rest time vary? I use the same program, ie Basic, XL loaf, medium crust every time I bake bread. It starts at 4.00 hours, but sometimes it starts mixing at 3.30 hours and at other times 3.00 hours. Why is it so?

Daphne

I have tried a couple of things. I unplug the bread mixer from the wall after every loaf; I assume that it resets itself and I use warm water instead of cold water. When I do these two things, it always starts at the 3.30 hours.

c k.asked

I've just purchased a Panasonic SD-2501 breadmaker. I am used to removing the paddle and shaping the loaf before the final rise on my old Breville. I notice that the SD-2501 manual says that the breadmaker will operate for a short time during the rise period. I can see that my loaf has moved around during the rise so I assume further kneading is taking place. Are there two rise periods during the rise function or just one? I've seen it suggested on this list to take the paddle out after the rise and before the bake. I'm not happy about that as the bread may deflate if there is no further rising. The machine is too quiet to hear what is happening without standing beside it for 5 hours :-) Does anyone know the answer about removing the paddle?

Saddle Saw

Do not take the paddle out. Depending on the cycle chosen, it can rise then mix (a bit) then continue rising. The paddle comes away really easily when turning out your bread (stays on the spindle) so there is no harm in leaving it on, and you could ruin your bread by taking it out. Easy decision really?

c k.

Thanks for the response. Panasonic were not even familiar with their own manual, so that was a bit disappointing. The loaf I made wasn't much better then the Breville that I swapped it for so I got a bit deflated and didn't make any more bread. I may need to make a larger loaf. My old Breville (before the one I'm dumping) was great, every loaf was perfect. I'm hoping the Panasonic reviews can't be wrong so I will have another go.

Saddle Saw

My first loaf was AMAZING, but then I started turning out house bricks. I tend to ad lib with cooking and that was part of it. Another part was I was using full cream unhomogenized milk instead of powdered milk and water (the loaves turn out better with the powder and water) and then I tried some multigrain packet mix and it was okkkk but a bit gluey. But I for some reason persisted, and after the packet mixes and noticing it mixed better with more ingredients, I stepped things up to large loaves. It just took time to get to know the machine and now it's pretty automatic. I might mix up the ingredients a bit (multigrains and seeds and nuts) but I've learned which parts of the recipes are NEEDED for moisture and binding etc. I actually hate ordinary white bread so I made one just to see how that setting went, hated it (expected) and haven't made one since. If you want some recipes and things I learned by trial and error, drop me a message on here and I'd be happy to oblige.

mariu c.

mariu c.asked

Hi I just used yesterday my new Panasonic bread maker used programme for basic bread and the result was great . The only problem is the beeping when the programme has finish the sound is extremely low difficult to ear it. Is there a way to adjust the sound? Thank you maria

Saddle Saw

No. Many of us have the same issue. A lot of people have posted that they set a reminder on their phone for end time. You can also set it to END at a specific time, like 8.30pm which is easier to remember.

Judy L

Judy Lasked

My raisin nut dispenser is not opening fully so my raisin loaf comes out with most of the raisins sitting on top of the baked loaf. My machine is the Panasonic SD-2501. Could someone please tell me the time the dispenser is activated in the raisin loaf and dough cycles. Or is there some way to fix the dispenser. We have cleaned it and it still happens. THE manual does not mention when the fruit is dispensed.

shortstack

shortstackasked

Hi, I love my bread maker, however, whenever I make rye bread in the machine, it seems not to rise properly. I use the proper rye paddle, follow directions but still not happy with the looks or density of the bread. I have read that rye flour does not have much gluten which can affect the rising process, so how can I overcome this to make a good loaf of rye bread?

Judy Cooke

Debra
Debra

I too am not happy withthe rye loaves I am getting in particular, compared to my Breville that I had for 15 years. This one is less than satisfactory. Panasonic have come back with something from Laucke saying that it may not rise as much as previously (I.e.,, nothing to do with the breadmaker). What a surprise.

Jeff Elston

Jeff Elstonasked

Flour is not evenly mixed,leaving unmixed flour in crust of bread. Have tried different flours,extra water, etc. Worked ok for first 3 months, & now have problems. Very disappointed.

Saddle Saw

Try going up in size from medium to large or extra large. I was having trouble getting a good loaf on medium loaf ingredients and it just didn't seem able to knead and mix it well with the smaller batch.

vpe98041

vpe98041asked

hi on my first use of the sd2501 I selected menu 3,added nuts to the dispenser,a nice loaf came out but the nuts are still in the dispenser.????????

g.e

g.easked

Hi, any good experience with spelt flour bread? Or any other flours wheat free? Thank you

Mavis mcnaughton

Mavis mcnaughtonasked

Breadmaker has stopped working, power lights on but just not operating.

Vicki H.asked

Does the machine brown the top of the bread ? My sunbeam does not .

Willyeckerslike
Willyeckerslike

Yes it does

Willyeckerslike thank you

Saddle Saw

Try the french loaf cycle. Crispy crunchy crackly fabulous crust. Normal loaves will brown but French bread is crunchy.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives