Panasonic SD-2501

Listing monitored by Panasonic

265 questions from our users

Kaz S.
Kaz S.asked

Has anyone else had a problem with their machine jumping off the counter top?

Drick

Never had that issue. To be honest because of the rubber stabilisers my bread maker doesn't move at all. What surface is it on? Do you have it sitting on a tray or similar? I think if your getting that much vibrations you may need to contact Panasonic.

T-Potz

Mine did in the beginning. I walked in and saw it teetering on the edge of the table top, one leg off and ready to take a dive. Since then I have it right in the middle of the table, just in case. I have noticed that if I am making something using the rye paddle (larger paddle) it can move a bit. Same with pasta dough. But mostly it doesn't move now, and certainly doesn't move with the smaller loaves and normal recipes that need less of a thumping. It's not vibrations, it's the larger amount of dough being thrown around inside it. My best advice would be that until the feet are less new, place it in the middle of a larger bench or table that does not have a high gloss finish.

Maybe get some of those square rubber jar lid openers to put under the feet for now. And also check your liquid levels in the recipes are exact, so the dough is not too stiff. I know I was a bit casual about that in the beginning :P All the best.

Denise W.
Denise W.asked

My Sunbeam died after 12 years and always produced great loaves of bread. I purchased the SD2501 on Friday, two rock hard loaves but not cooked and sticky. My chooks are eating it. All ingredients as suggested for NZ recipes. Would love some tips as ready to throw the breadmaker in the bin.

Darciemae

Hi denise i make a loaf e other day and have since may I dont have any problems ,wished i could help you or fwd any knowledge your way,I use tap water flour and yeast and put it in that order I use a basic programme usually 1 or 6 also make fruit toast and seeded bread and honestly have no problems with it I even make bread for my neighbour

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Denise, best to give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will help you get the perfect loaf of bread,

Michele M
Michele Masked

Could I buy a rye paddle to fit in SD500?

Louise G.asked

Why can't I make a fruit bread in Oz with my SD-2501?

Louise

Darciemae

Hi louise ,iv just made a cranberry loaf i bought the flour cranberry and cinnamon from "all about bread in wanneroo" i added half a cup of cranberrys used menu 3 and sliced it toastie size and it was devine

Louise G.

Thank you, will be trying that.

Kerry C.
Kerry C.asked

Does anyone know what number the rapid fruit setting is pls

Drick

I'm not sure what you mean by rapid fruit, it could be one of the fruit breads, jams, or compote. However there a full list under the top dispenser lid for all menu settings.

Emmaasked

I've tried the spelt and rye loaf (menu 14) several times and it just doesn't work. I've tried both paddles, I've made sure the yeast and flour is brand new. Why doesn't it work? Any tips?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Emma, its best to ask these tricky question to our customer service team.

you can call them on 132600.

Darciemae

Hey emma sorrt iv been away, i use the rye paddle and the pumpernickle flour tap water and an olive oil i use programme 1 basic bread also used programme 6 and really do have perfect bread e time

Emma

Thanks but oil and Pumpernickel flour? Neither of those are in the recipe. My question is about the rye and spelt menu 14.

shirley j.
shirley j.asked

why no oz recipe in book forspicy fruit loaf only nz

Jim B.
Jim B.asked

In the Panasonic SD-ZB2512 bread maker why do the Australian and New Zealand recipes differ?

Drick

The flour in Australia and NZ differ.

Shay S.
Shay S.asked

I never understand the exact water amount to use in this bread maker. I use a bread mix. But the water guide I am not certain of. However, it makes beautiful bread. Lovely machine.

Darciemae

Hi shay if im honest i use 2 brands mainly laucke and "all about bread" flours they ome with water amounts on the package ,but an interesting fact off the baker at the shop i go to,he told me to not use bottled or filtered water but plain tap water and for it to b room temp so i fill a pint glass with tap water ,and leave it on the side covered and use it when imabout to bake the bread and i no all the negative nancys out there willhave a comment but i truly believe this works amazingly well i honestly have not had a failed loaf yet

T-Potz

You wouldn't want to use the tap water at the bottom of the Murray. And because its so polluted and so disgusting they put a ton of chlorine in it. Chlorine kills bacteria. And yeast. If I was western sydney I'd say use tap water. Being where I am, lower Murray, I use tank water which has also been run through a ceramic and charcoal filter, because the condition of your water tank (and what else is in it) can also adversely affect your yeast, and your bread might not rise.

But back to bread mixes. Lauke mixes provide a 'guide' for oven baked bread, but it does say if using a bread maker to follow your bread maker's water instructions instead. They now have guides for different bread makers on their website, which has some very useful hints and information. Here is the page for Panasonics https://www.laucke.com.au/FAQRetrieve.aspx?ID=53326

Jim B.
Jim B.asked

I have used the speciality setting on my Panasonic bread maker ( Menu 13) and both times it has not dropped the mixed fruit? Any ideas.

Puddleduckasked

Can I set my own program eg have gluten free resting for 55 mins or is there a chime to show the end of each program so I can end the program after the rest time

Puddleduckasked

Is it possible to pause (eg lift lid) during the kneading stage to ensure yeast is combined in gluten free mode?

Chris F

You can open the lid at any time to take a look but it won't pause the machine. I guess if you want to stop it, turn the switch off, it will resume when switched back on.

Puddleduck

I did press stop and had to reset the program, wasn’t a major problem as it was only 5 minutes in and my first loaf it quite yummy.

Colin

Yes you can lift the lid - the machine will continue to knead. Do not lift the lid during the baking phase. You may also switch the machine off "briefly" at the wall socket to have a look, touch the dough (do not remove the baking pan) - I stress briefly because the machine will continue from where it was when it went off as it is designed to resume within a period of 10 minutes to cover accidental power loss or short turn failures. For periods longer than 10 minutes the loaf would need to be discarded and begun from scratch or if in a "proving" phase - removed from the unit, proved and finished in a conventional bread pan and oven.

Louise D.
Louise D.asked

My breadmaker is stopping with 20 minutes to go. Eg. If the bread is timed to be finished at 8.00am the machine switches off at 7.40am .I then have to finish the bread in a conventional oven. The machine is 2 years old and is used every day. Any ideas how to solve this?

Hi Louise,

Sorry for the delay, please call our customer service team on 132600 for assistance if you are still having issues.

Pam G.asked

My m/c is about 2 yrs old. It is now hard to remove the bread, and if it is not stuck in the loaf it has a large piece of bread attached. The crust is tough so wondered if it is baking too long

Punky

Do you wash the baking insert in a dishwasher? Another possibility is that the non-stick surface is starting to deteriorate and this is causing the "sticking", particularly if washing in a dishwasher. New paddles are readily available as a spare part. Could be 2 different problems and the tough crust is from overbaking (so have the crust setting lower) or the nature of the flour/premix that you are using - and these can vary depending on the season and where the flour has come from.

Pam G.

No, I never wash in the dishwasher and the non stick is as new. My latest loaf which has just finished baking was baked on the light crust setting and came out easily, so it seems that has solved the problem.

Janet W.asked

I have had my SD 2501 for six months and everything has been fine until very recently. Now it is not. The last FIVE times I have programmed it for a LARGE white loaf, using the 5oog flour, etc etc, the smallest size loaf comes out. Of course it is far too dense. All my ingredients are fresh.. What is wrong?

Chris F

Check your yeast - expired or temperature damaged? If ok what setting are you using ?. FRENCH will produce the largest loaf ( not always what you want though). "Rapid white"will probably be the smallest.

Janet W.

Thanks for your suggestions, Chris. My yeast is many months before expiry and no damage as far as I am aware. I am using setting 01 for ‘White bread’ size L but it’s producing size M, even though I’m putting in 500 g flour (size M only needs 400g). Until a couple of weeks ago, everything worked just as it should. It’s frustrating!

Punky

Try new yeast. Then I'd suggest it may not be mixing correctly in which case contact Panasonic. This is what happened to my old machine prior to disposal.

Sharon N.asked

I have a new 2501 7 I want to make a Wholemeal Loaf using a Lauke Wholemeal Bread Mix that I already have . Could someone please give me a recipe for this if they have tried it & been satisfied. Thanks so much in advance. Flustered.

Chris F

1tsp yeast, 450 gms of bread mix and 300ml water works good for me. Use either a wholegrain setting or Italian. Its a medium loaf.

Sharon N.

Thanks Chris, I'll try that.

Valerie C
Valerie Casked

Why do I need to put the liquid in last? My old bread maker you put the liquid in first, then flour, then salt in one area suger in another and dried yeast in a dent in the flour but above the water line.

Do you mean sugAr?

Chappy
Chappy

I bought my first Panasonic bread maker in 2000. It was a SD-250 and it stated to put the liquid in last. My latest, the SD-2501 (which died this morning after 5 years of use - not happy Panasonic) says the same.

A family member had a Sunbeam bread maker. It was put the liquid in first.

Have ignored the Panasonic instructions for the last 21 years and do what I like. Sometimes the liquid goes in first, sometimes last. I have never noticed any difference in the baked loaf.

I have read that yeast can be killed by salt. Suspect this is the reason for separating the two.

Chris F

Primarily you are just separating the yeast from the water until needed to avoid early activation. The opposed orders both achieve this . There is a bit of argument that sealing the yeast below may prevent damage to yeast especially in humid conditions on long timers and during rest period etc.

Boswellaasked

The white bread always turn out great, but the Spicy Fruit loaf is often damp and uncooked looking on the top quarter. Any one know why. I use strong flour, recommended yeast etc etc

Colin

I have just checked the manual and there are 2 programs for Spicy fruit loaf the first is Menu 3 at 4hr (NZ) and the the second is Menu 6 at 5hr (NZ) which one did you use? - Menu 6 will certainly give a different loaf.

Boswella

Hi Colin, your reply has just reached my in box. I used Menu 3.

Kirstynasked

Hi all, I'm using this machine with a Lauke wholemeal bread mix and using the 5hr setting. Carefully measured (per the Lauke instructions) and using the 'whole wheat' menu option and XL size but the loaf isn't very high. Any thoughts or tips??

1 tsp yeast.
450 gms lauke Wholemeal bread mix.
300ml water.
Use Whole wheat settings.

Always works good for me.

Oddly, I have recently swapped to the Italian setting which does produce a smaller loaf, but i prefer the texture.

Kirstyn

Thanks Chris! Which loaf size do you choose?

Chris F

Usually I forget and leave it on default XL, though it would be a medium loaf. I have not noticed any significant change in loaf size changing this.

Pamela M.asked

Apologies if this question comes up twice. After writing my question, I then had to sign in via Facebook - assumed my question would then appear, but it didn't. Without writing everything out again, I simply need to know if the model SD2501 does not begin kneading the instant you press Start. Mine is just sitting there. I did not enter a delayed start because I want it to begin NOW. Is sitting doing nothing for 10 minutes (so far) normal?

The Reviewer

If it is not in the manual just contact the service number rather than ask in a review site,

Pamela M.

Thank you for your response, but it did/does not help me in the short term. No, there is nothing in the manual about the start not being immediate. I have the bread mix in the machine. It's a weekend. I'm not going to get any help in a hurry from the Panasonic help line - for which there is no number for my country of residence. As it turns out, there is a delay in any "normal" cycle. Or so I presume. The kneading did commence about 20 minutes after pressing the Start button and I did have a lovely loaf of Spelt bread in the end. It would have been nice had the manual indicated that there would be a significant delay before the kneading process commenced. It would have avoided my panic. Thanks again for your contribution.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Pamela, please call our customer service team ok 132600.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

Other Bread Makers