Panasonic SD-2501

Panasonic SD-2501 (page 2 of 12)

MPNs: 35902769, PSD2501, SD-2501 and SD2501

4.5

• Bread Quality & Consistency

oldchick

oldchickSouth East Queensland, QLD

Edited, having to eat humble bread/pie

After much research and review reading here, we purchased this machine last month.
Basically, the loaf comes out like a large brick, never reaching the lip of the pan.
I have tried 3 commercial bread mixes, different sized loaves, 4 hr setting, 2 hr setting, more water, more yeast and all with the same result.
I make a basic loaf every second day and they are so small, often with a air filled top, that some of the loaf is wasted, having to cut that off.
I'm at my wit's end...
****A month later and all is good. Seems my mix was all wrong and trial and error has now fixed my issues, so I'm giving it 5 stars all round!

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$219.00.

Noise Level
Bread Quality & Consistency
SAF

SAFGold Coast

excellent bread maker; reliable with good results every time.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Director

DirectorBrisbane

Panasonic SD-2501

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Director, thank you for the 5 star review. Here are some further recipes you may find helpful. https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/

Willyeckerslike

WillyeckerslikePerth, WA

Perfect fresh bread

We have had this a few years now. We generally get the Laucke pre mix and just set the timer for great fresh bread in a morning. We have made our own too and our favourite is the raisin bread which is great for toast! I would give this six stars if I could!

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Willyeckerslike, thank you for the great feedback, your house must smell fantastic with all the yummy bread cooking.

Saddle Saw

Saddle SawRural SA

EDITED: Loved it, Hated it, Love it again

Purchased in December 2018 at Billy Guyatts for A$198.50.

Noise Level
Bread Quality & Consistency
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Saddle Saw, thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback on the great success you have had with the breadmaker and some options to keep the bread for longer.

mark

markGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great bread maker

Really great bread maker, the bread always turns out perfect, as long as the correct mode is selected and used. There is nothing like having fresh warm home made bread smell through out the house. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking to purchase a quality bread maker.

Date PurchasedJan 2015
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mark, thank you for the feedback, we appreciate your description on the smell in your house of fresh made bread... makes us hungry thinking of that!! Enjoy your breadmaker!

Jane

JaneToowoomba

This is wonderful, will never buy store bread again!

This bread machine is wonderful, it makrs beautiful bread. Easy to use, recipes are true and make delicious bread. Texture and taste is perfect. When purchasing the machine I was looking forward to fresh bread but I didnt know how delicious it would be! Have used other brand machines and they have nothing on the panasonic! Worth the higher price tag! I make the basic bread and piizza dough and regularly use the timer, it has other fancy features but they arent a regular need for me. I love the machine and highly recommend.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jane, thank you for the fantastic feedback and the detail you have provided on it.

justmyopinion

justmyopinionAU

Excellent machine and capability

I've had this for a couple of years now and love it. It does what it says and what functions as its supposed to. I've only made breads. The bottom paddle has come out once.

Pro - works great, delayed start
Con - I wish the bread tin was a wider size.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
TheSnakebite

TheSnakebiteKaiapoi

Excellent Breadmaker

After researching the various Breadmaker in NZ I opted for this Panasonic version and I really like it. Comes with great recipes and very easy to use. Makes great Pizza dough. Bread seems to turn out good if you stick to the recipes. Plenty of other recipes online as well as this has a solid worldwide following.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

strikey

strikeyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Over the moon... love it.

Was a bit scared forking out $200 for this bread maker because I was worried it would not do the job. See many other reviews complaining about others that are no good. So I know Panasonic is a good name so I bite the bullet and buy iy. First loaf was perfect and stayed fresh for a week. I used Laucke bread mix which is so easy to apply. One TS yeast... then the satchel of bread mix... then water... shut the lid and 4 hours later a great loaf of bread. How easy is that? next I will do sourdough and gluten free to see how it goes.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Strikey, thank you for the great feedback on the breadmaker. Sounds like you have had great success so far. We tried out the chocolate cake recipe in the office today and it was very yum!! Definitely one to try out!

keisha01au

keisha01auVictoria

Best one I've had by miles!

I've had Breville, Sunbeam and Aldi breadmakers and none come anywhere near close to the results this machine gives! Bread comes out light, soft and like proper bread, not heavy bricks others produce. I am amazed at how much better this machine works. It works well with regular flour, so I can't wait to see how delicious bread with proper bread making flour will be! I cannot recommend this product highly enough and am thrilled with it. Well worth the extra cost.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Keisha01au, thank you for taking the time to provide such a comprehensive review, it is great to see how well the breadmaker works for you. Happy baking

John Gallen

John GallenCurrimundi Qld

Top Of The Range

This bread maker gives excellent results only caution is watch your water measurements too much water ends up with collapsed loaf water just right excellent bread. I found using Panasonic bread mix recipe for the best result premix gives very ordinary bread texture. The fixed blade in the mixture bowl leaves a great loaf of bread. Will not disappoint you just stay right away from Sunbeam.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi John, thanks for the great feedback.

Barbara D

Barbara DAU

Fantastic

Every loaf is perfect with a very small hole. Works a lot better than the previous machine. Loaf is a good shape to cut and slice. I use about an extra 1/2 teaspoon of yeast. Would definitely recommend. Worth the extra money but have only used premixes. Have not tried adding fruit.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Barbara, thank you for taking the time to provide great feedback on your breadmaker.

bred cooker

bred cookercorio

Delightful machine!

Love this breadmaker! They've upgraded the electronics, but kept the same excellent design and programming! Good, solid bucket that doesn't send out of shape! Light years ahead of the rubbish sunbeam so-called smartbake! Panasonic, please don't change your basic design - its great, and when u r on a winner, stick to it!!!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Bred Cooker, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, it is great to see you are so happy with your breadmaker.

RosePerth, WA

I love this bread maker!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Rose, thank you for taking the time to provide the great detailed feedback on your breadmaker.

Edy S

Edy SPerth, WA

Best breadmaker ever

I'm very satisfied with this brradmaker, previously I was using breville. I found Panasonic one is very quiet, you can put it next to a sleeping baby.

I have tried making milk bread, white bread and brioche bread. It was good. Only brioche is a bit brown, as the recipe instruction was not very clear, being a Japanese translated.

The bread taste good and texture is soft. This is the glorious Japanese technology at itd best.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Edy, thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback on your breadmaker, it is great to hear you are so happy with it.

i have bread makers since they came on the market i have tried them all bought this one today just e

I don't know why people are so negative about this bread maker you obviously didn't read your book we are in our 70s and tried 5 other bread makers. bought this one today have just eaten loaf number1 It is beautifull if we can do it anyone can. I think you young ones are in too much of hurry to sit and get to know your machine before you use it

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Annie, thank you for your feedback, it is great to know your breadmaker is working so well for you.

Replacing Pan cost

I have the SD257. We get flour by the 25kg bag-so machine has made a few hundred loaves.
The non stick is peeling off pan and guess what $150 to replace plus freight plus waiting time.
Seems that its going to have to be thrown out and replaced with a new machine. Doesn't seem environmentally correct!!

Date PurchasedJan 2009
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Sam, thank you for the feedback on the product and the spare part cost. We will review this with our spare parts factory team.

The Watcher

The WatcherPerth, WA

Perfect..but get used to it first!

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi The Watcher, thank you for the feedback on your breadmaker, it is great to hear that you are seeing the health benefits also from using this product. As you mentioned it is always important to read the instructions for the best outcome!

ninkasi

ninkasiMelbourne

Simply amazing. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Ninkasi, thank you for the very detailed review in relation to the breadmaker. We certainly value your feedback and ideas of improvements in the future models.