Panasonic SD-2501

Panasonic SD-2501

MPNs: 1921, 35902769, PSD2501 and 2 more
Listing monitored by Panasonic

Pros

• Makes a variety of breads

• Achieves consistent results

• Highly durable

• Easy to experiment with ingredients

Simon
SimonAU

Not Coming up to Expectations.

SD 2501 Excessive flour on side and in the middle

Followed the instruction for putting correct amount and sequences for first time with time setting with menu 1. white bread was not risen probably and has excessive flour on the side and the instruction seems have way too much salt and too salty. Second time when kneading I saw paddle could not knead the flour on side and far corners. I ended up using plastic folk to stir the flour at corner....It should work automatically but it seems not. Can anyone help? Love to make better bread for mother's day.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bing Lee for $216.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jenny, did you have any luck with making bread for mothers day? Apologies we didn't see your question prior to this.

Jenny
Jenny
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jenny, you shouldn't have to manually assist the machine, if you are following the ingredients instructions in the manual. Please call our customer service team on 132600 if you still experience the same issue.

Other Bread Makers

Good machine. Terrible spare parts

This machine makes great bread and has lots of options for different breads, dough, etc. I would give this 5 stars. Spare parts are a joke - 0 stars. Our machine has made a lot of bread (500+) and dough. Mostly wholemeal. Lining off the bread tin has started to shred, replacement cost is $150 + postage AND 4-8 weeks delivery. This only assists a throw-away society...

Date PurchasedNov 2015
CassieOz
CassieOzSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Hate it!

Day 1 and I want it gone. Got it through a rewards program but did a lot of research before ordering it. I only make dough in the machine (2-3 batches per week), then shape and bake myself. My problem is the compulsory 'rest' cycle before it will start. Usually put all ingredients in the pan, watch it mix for 2-3 minutes to check dough hydration/consistency then leave to get on with chores and come back 1:30 later. Can't do that now. I have to hang around maybe 30 minutes (how long it rests seems to me arbitrary) before I can get on with work. Theres no way to eliminate this or advance the program past it. Effectively useless

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Bread Makers

Find out how Panasonic SD-2501 compares to other Bread Makers

Kerri
KerriMareeba

Shame about nut dispenser

Had 3 of these breadmakers. Makes great bread. BUT in the last two machines the nut dispenser failed. I didn't do anything about the first failure but acted on the latest failure on 2 year old machine. Phone call to Panasonic not helpful at all. No replies to my email or contact via web to them. I thought the Australian Consumer Law now offered consumers protection against a product that doesn't last a reasonable amount of time.

Date PurchasedJune 2015

Too formulaic

Made 30+loaves. I'd like to experiment. But the set menus don't appear to allow meddling. No viewing window, no pause facility, problems like big holes, collapsed top.
Crust variations only work for some menus, the darkest setting is still pretty light.
Any ideas on how too make small variations welcome.

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Great machine parts expensive

Love my bread maker. Has never missed a beat until the Teflon coating peeled of the bread pan and mixed into my bread. Went to replace the part and it cost almost the same as a brand new machine. I have had the bread maker for about 3 years and I use it every day, if not, twice a day, so general wear and tear is to be expected. I just can't warrant spending a huge amount just on a singular part.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020
iiJeebz
iiJeebzTasmania

Produces great loaves

Other Bread Makers

Kaz S.
Kaz S.asked

Has anyone else had a problem with their machine jumping off the counter top?

Drick
Drick

Never had that issue. To be honest because of the rubber stabilisers my bread maker doesn't move at all. What surface is it on? Do you have it sitting on a tray or similar? I think if your getting that much vibrations you may need to contact Panasonic.

T-Potz
T-Potz

Mine did in the beginning. I walked in and saw it teetering on the edge of the table top, one leg off and ready to take a dive. Since then I have it right in the middle of the table, just in case. I have noticed that if I am making something using the rye paddle (larger paddle) it can move a bit. Same with pasta dough. But mostly it doesn't move now, and certainly doesn't move with the smaller loaves and normal recipes that need less of a thumping. It's not vibrations, it's the larger amount of dough being thrown around inside it. My best advice would be that until the feet are less new, place it in the middle of a larger bench or table that does not have a high gloss finish.

Maybe get some of those square rubber jar lid openers to put under the feet for now. And also check your liquid levels in the recipes are exact, so the dough is not too stiff. I know I was a bit casual about that in the beginning :P All the best.

Denise W.
Denise W.asked

My Sunbeam died after 12 years and always produced great loaves of bread. I purchased the SD2501 on Friday, two rock hard loaves but not cooked and sticky. My chooks are eating it. All ingredients as suggested for NZ recipes. Would love some tips as ready to throw the breadmaker in the bin.

Darciemae
Darciemae

Hi denise i make a loaf e other day and have since may I dont have any problems ,wished i could help you or fwd any knowledge your way,I use tap water flour and yeast and put it in that order I use a basic programme usually 1 or 6 also make fruit toast and seeded bread and honestly have no problems with it I even make bread for my neighbour

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Denise, best to give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will help you get the perfect loaf of bread,

Michele M
Michele Masked

Could I buy a rye paddle to fit in SD500?

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

Features:

• The Panasonic SD-2501 Bread Maker has 13 baking programs and 3 different crust colours and loaf sizes, helping you make the perfect loaf for you.
  • One of these programs is a Gluten Free Mode which lets you easily make gluten-free bread, making it suitable for people with a range of dietary needs and preferences.
  • A Specialty Mode also lets you make spelt bread, which has a wider variety of essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals than conventional wheat, and is said to be beneficial for your digestive health.
  • This model can also make jam and compote, letting you make the bread and the spread you put on it.
  • It also has an automatic raisin and nut dispenser that adds and evenly distributes these ingredients throughout the dough, meaning you don’t have to worry about these bits dropping to the bottom of your bread loaf.
  • A 13 hour digital timer lets you enjoy freshly baked bread whenever you like.
  • The bread maker also has a Diamond-Fluro coated bread pan and kneading blade to help stop your bread sticking to the pan, making cleaning a whole lot easier.
  • This unit costs $329.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this bread maker was effective in making a variety of breads, from the dough through to the finished product, whether it was a loaf, buns, or pizza bases.
  • Reviewers noted that it also produced consistent results, making baking a loaf almost foolproof.
  • The bread maker is highly durable, and lasts a long time even with thorough use, according to reviewers.
  • Reviewers also appreciated how easy it was to experiment with different ingredients, saying that it was easy to add ingredients such as fruits (including frozen fruit), seeds, herbs, and garlic.
CategoryBread Makers
Max Loaf Size1.2 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting and Jam & Compote Mode
Preset Timer 13 hours