Panasonic SD-2501

Panasonic SD-2501

MPNs: 1921, 35902769, PSD2501 and 2 more
Listing monitored by Panasonic

Pros

• Makes a variety of breads

• Achieves consistent results

• Highly durable

• Easy to experiment with ingredients

• Bread Quality & Consistency

DrickGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great bread each time.

Been using this for years for Sourdough and pizza dough. I did try a lot of the other recipes but while they were tasty, I like my Sourdough. Also good for plain white loaf.
The only downside is when it finishes the sound is very quiet and I always set an alarm because you'll miss getting the bread out (which you need to do asap)

Purchased in November 2019 at Myer.

DarciemaePerth, WA

Simply perfect every time

Purchased in May 2021 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $250.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Darciemae, thanks for the great review and keep enjoying the great bread.

alenka
alenkaNorthern Region, NSW

Great for every day baking

This is our first bread maker and after 6 months of use it's hard to imagine being without it. It's so easy to use that my husband (who couldn't cook to save himself, not even as much as to fry an egg) has suddenly taken on the baking duty. He loads it up before going to bed and puts it on timer so that it's finished baking in the morning. It's so nice waking up to the aroma of freshly baked bread. We found that the longer it bakes, the better it comes out. The "rushed" 4 hour bread does't come out as large and fluffy as the the loaves that sit in the bread maker overnight before being cooked.

Purchased in December 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

noeleen d.
noeleen d.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Love love love my Panasonic SD 2501

I bought my machine about 12 months ago and use it regularly. I use Laucke bread mixes, The Spelt loaf, Multigrain Soy and Linseed and right now have a Brioche Loaf on. It is soo easy. Photo is a Spelt Loaf.

Purchased in July 2020 for $349.00.

Chris F
Chris FGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No need to consider other Brands - Buy this.

I can't fault this machine. This is my third bread maker and by far the best, I hope Panasonic keeps making it - just as it is. I have owned it for more 4 years, using it 3-5 times a week for bread, pizza, dough etc, nothing beats waking to the smell of fresh baked bread. It still looks new, everything functions perfectly and the results are consistently fantastic.

Purchased in July 2017 at Myer for $239.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Chris, thanks for the great review. Have you seen our Ideas Kitchen where we have some other great things you can cook?

Colin
ColinKrugersdorp

A must have machine in our household - paid for itself in cash and kind many times over!

Purchased in July 2017 at Beds n Dreams VIC, Dandenong South for $140.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Colin, thanks for the great review. Have you seen our Ideas Kitchen where we have some other great things you can cook?

Scarlet
ScarletIllawarra, NSW

My new love!

After much research & reviews settled on this bread maker. Honestly the best investment I’ve made! Followed the instructions very nervously & bread was absolutely PERFECT! The 75/15 wholemeal is our favourite.

Purchased in August 2020 at Myer.

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Budget Coffee Machines, Bread Makers and Food Sealers

In quarantine and in need of fresh coffee, bread and longer lasting food? Read on for more information on kitchen appliances that won’t break the bank and help see you through self isolation during difficult times.

Wendy Z.27 Mar 2020
budget-coffee-machines-bread-makers-and-food-sealers
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020
Red
RedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Panasonic SD2501 breadmaker - fantastic

Easy to use, follow the instructions. I've made 2 loaves so far and they have turned out fantastic. Many more loaves to come. Nothing better than the smell of fresh baked bread.....fabtabulous!

JanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

First impressions

Purchased in October 2020 at Appliances Online for $289.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Thanks Jan for great review glad your happy.

Tezza
TezzaPerth WA

Brilliance at its best

This machine is tops. I bake at least two loaves of bread a week. I usually purchase a complete bread mix, then add such items as Chia seeds. I mainly bake a type of wholegrain, but have successfully baked several types of RYE.For a nice tasting bread for toast I bake a white with extra fibre and add FROZEN BACKBERRIES. I must admit that I very rarely follow recipes from the book supplied but still have a 99% success rate. This machine is excellent.Do not be afraid to experiment with this machine.

Purchased in March 2012 for $198.00.

fred
fredadelaide

Excellent Bread Maker for me

Bought about 18 years ago and have been baking 1 or 2 loaves a week. "Best bread ever" eaters comments. Machine showing signs of age. Plastic on lip of lid brittle and breaking. Buying a new one. It will probably outlive me. Only failures were my errors.

Purchased in June 2000.

Woody
WoodyPerth

Excellent breadmaker

I bought the Panasonic SD 2501 at Bridgetown Retravision , after a lot of research. No regrets.
It's whisper quiet, and bakes a beautiful loaf. I've so far made a herb and garlic loaf, plain white loaf and today a rye load. They were all fabulous. I didn't use premixes, the recipes in the book that comes with it are easy to follow, and the machine does the rest. Have had Breville in the past, but this machine is outstanding

Purchased in August 2020 at RetraVision for $275.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Woody, thank you for the fantastic review. We do appreciate you taking the time to provide your 5 star review. Please see some more great recipes that we are always updating https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/bread-maker/

Nala
NalaMelbourne

Perfect - even for a novice like me

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys for $250.00.

Robt3
Robt3Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fruit and nut dispenser

Purchased at The Good Guys for $300.00.

jindavic
jindavicSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great bread maker

It’s a great bread maker And has been absolutely perfect cooking bread or making pizza dough nearly every day, but after 5y the paddle and pan have lost their non stick coating and motor on pizza mode seems to have lost grunt. The toss up is will the next one loose it’s coating

Purchased in March 2015.

Kaz S.
Kaz S.asked

Has anyone else had a problem with their machine jumping off the counter top?

Drick

Never had that issue. To be honest because of the rubber stabilisers my bread maker doesn't move at all. What surface is it on? Do you have it sitting on a tray or similar? I think if your getting that much vibrations you may need to contact Panasonic.

T-Potz
T-Potz

Mine did in the beginning. I walked in and saw it teetering on the edge of the table top, one leg off and ready to take a dive. Since then I have it right in the middle of the table, just in case. I have noticed that if I am making something using the rye paddle (larger paddle) it can move a bit. Same with pasta dough. But mostly it doesn't move now, and certainly doesn't move with the smaller loaves and normal recipes that need less of a thumping. It's not vibrations, it's the larger amount of dough being thrown around inside it. My best advice would be that until the feet are less new, place it in the middle of a larger bench or table that does not have a high gloss finish.

Maybe get some of those square rubber jar lid openers to put under the feet for now. And also check your liquid levels in the recipes are exact, so the dough is not too stiff. I know I was a bit casual about that in the beginning :P All the best.

Denise W.
Denise W.asked

My Sunbeam died after 12 years and always produced great loaves of bread. I purchased the SD2501 on Friday, two rock hard loaves but not cooked and sticky. My chooks are eating it. All ingredients as suggested for NZ recipes. Would love some tips as ready to throw the breadmaker in the bin.

Darciemae

Hi denise i make a loaf e other day and have since may I dont have any problems ,wished i could help you or fwd any knowledge your way,I use tap water flour and yeast and put it in that order I use a basic programme usually 1 or 6 also make fruit toast and seeded bread and honestly have no problems with it I even make bread for my neighbour

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Denise, best to give our customer service team a call on 132600 and they will help you get the perfect loaf of bread,

Michele M
Michele Masked

Could I buy a rye paddle to fit in SD500?

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

Features:

• The Panasonic SD-2501 Bread Maker has 13 baking programs and 3 different crust colours and loaf sizes, helping you make the perfect loaf for you.
  • One of these programs is a Gluten Free Mode which lets you easily make gluten-free bread, making it suitable for people with a range of dietary needs and preferences.
  • A Specialty Mode also lets you make spelt bread, which has a wider variety of essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals than conventional wheat, and is said to be beneficial for your digestive health.
  • This model can also make jam and compote, letting you make the bread and the spread you put on it.
  • It also has an automatic raisin and nut dispenser that adds and evenly distributes these ingredients throughout the dough, meaning you don’t have to worry about these bits dropping to the bottom of your bread loaf.
  • A 13 hour digital timer lets you enjoy freshly baked bread whenever you like.
  • The bread maker also has a Diamond-Fluro coated bread pan and kneading blade to help stop your bread sticking to the pan, making cleaning a whole lot easier.
  • This unit costs $329.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that this bread maker was effective in making a variety of breads, from the dough through to the finished product, whether it was a loaf, buns, or pizza bases.
  • Reviewers noted that it also produced consistent results, making baking a loaf almost foolproof.
  • The bread maker is highly durable, and lasts a long time even with thorough use, according to reviewers.
  • Reviewers also appreciated how easy it was to experiment with different ingredients, saying that it was easy to add ingredients such as fruits (including frozen fruit), seeds, herbs, and garlic.
CategoryBread Makers
Max Loaf Size1.2 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting and Jam & Compote Mode
Preset Timer 13 hours