Panasonic SD-2501

Panasonic SD-2501 (page 2 of 11)

MPNs: 35902769, PSD2501 and SD2501

Edy S

Edy SPerth, WA

Best breadmaker ever

I'm very satisfied with this brradmaker, previously I was using breville. I found Panasonic one is very quiet, you can put it next to a sleeping baby.

I have tried making milk bread, white bread and brioche bread. It was good. Only brioche is a bit brown, as the recipe instruction was not very clear, being a Japanese translated.

The bread taste good and texture is soft. This is the glorious Japanese technology at itd best.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Edy, thank you for taking the time to provide such great feedback on your breadmaker, it is great to hear you are so happy with it.

i have bread makers since they came on the market i have tried them all bought this one today just e

I don't know why people are so negative about this bread maker you obviously didn't read your book we are in our 70s and tried 5 other bread makers. bought this one today have just eaten loaf number1 It is beautifull if we can do it anyone can. I think you young ones are in too much of hurry to sit and get to know your machine before you use it

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Annie, thank you for your feedback, it is great to know your breadmaker is working so well for you.

Replacing Pan cost

I have the SD257. We get flour by the 25kg bag-so machine has made a few hundred loaves.
The non stick is peeling off pan and guess what $150 to replace plus freight plus waiting time.
Seems that its going to have to be thrown out and replaced with a new machine. Doesn't seem environmentally correct!!

Date PurchasedJan 2009
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Sam, thank you for the feedback on the product and the spare part cost. We will review this with our spare parts factory team.

The Watcher

The WatcherPerth, WA

Perfect..but get used to it first!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi The Watcher, thank you for the feedback on your breadmaker, it is great to hear that you are seeing the health benefits also from using this product. As you mentioned it is always important to read the instructions for the best outcome!

ninkasi

ninkasiMelbourne

Simply amazing. Cannot recommend highly enough.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Ninkasi, thank you for the very detailed review in relation to the breadmaker. We certainly value your feedback and ideas of improvements in the future models.

spiderspyder

spiderspyderLaunceston, Tasmania

Wonderful machine

What a beautiful machine. I have had it for about a month and I make different bread every day. It is very simple to use, and with the recipe book you cant go wrong. It also has an automatic fruit and nut dispenser which is great for making fruit loaf.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Spiderspyder, thank you for the great feedback on your breadmaker, it is great to hear you are so pleased with it and able to use it daily.

Good machine. Terrible spare parts

This machine makes great bread and has lots of options for different breads, dough, etc. I would give this 5 stars. Spare parts are a joke - 0 stars. Our machine has made a lot of bread (500+) and dough. Mostly wholemeal. Lining off the bread tin has started to shred, replacement cost is $150 + postage AND 4-8 weeks delivery. This only assists a throw-away society...

Date PurchasedNov 2015

the 2501 short life

unit was easy to use but with lack of parts would not purchase again agent said try breville lasted only 3 years are they now made in china i still have first panasonic made built like a tank this quality wont be seen again.

why are parts unavailable for such a new model

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Jacquie

JacquieMelbourne

Absolutely Magnificent. Can't Fault It.

This machine is the best. Consistently produces a perfect loaf of bread. The wholemeal also comes out edible and soft. Important to always follow the order of adding ingredients especially if using the delayed timer function. This ensures that the yeast remains dry under the flour while on delay mode. We can't recommend it enough.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
cute_meow

cute_meowSydney, NSW

Simply the best!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Beekay

BeekayLogan

Perfect every time

I have made bread using the dough hook on the mixer and kneading until the hands and arms are tired then cooking in the oven or Weber to turn out a pretty good loaf. With the process taking about 2 hours it was a better idea to buy some from woolies if we wanted a fresh loaf to go with soup or stews during the week, that was until we bought this. Now it’s set and forget, put the ingredients in at 7.00 in the morning and arrive home to fresh bread at 4.00 ready for dinner. Just follow the instructions and perfect results every time. Love it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Dee

DeeNew South Wales

Perfect

I will never ever buy bread again this bread maker is awesome every single loaf has come out perfect. It also makes great pizza doe. And it’s very easy to use Also has a timer which is great for when you wake up in the morning you have fresh bread ready and the house smelling so good like a bakery. Highly recommended.

TheLoneRanger

TheLoneRangerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best of the best!

It's big! It's pretty ugly! It's heavy! It's expensive! But wow, can this machine make great bread! No matter what you ask of it, it produces the goodies! Only had it a few weeks but every type of bread I try comes out 110%.

Only minor grizzle is that with biggest size loaf, the bread rises so much it sticks to the container top and has to be scraped off after it has baked on to it!

Don't leave home without it!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

starzz123

starzz123

Great!

Loving this bread maker. Haven't bought bread ever since I own this machine. Why buy when you can make it yourself. The bread is so soft, recommended to have it with Lurpak when it's freshly baked, sooo good. You can add healthy stuff on it too like chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds, etc.
It is so easy to use, just chuck all the ingredients and leave it. Within hours you'll have freshly baked bread.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Miss Marple

Miss MarplePerth, WA

I like this bread maker

We've had our bread maker for a while. Had another brand previous but this is a good one. Easy to use. Makes a good loaf. Lots of settings so you can make many different things. We also got one for my mum who is not good with technology. Basically all she has to do is measure and add the ingredients, select the size, select the crust darkness and press start. It beeps when the bread is cooked and the display shows where you are in the cycle and time left.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Fantastic Machine - Best Ever

In the past I used to make loaves and rolls the old way every week for 6 years - great bread!
I have to say this Panasonic maker is fantastic absolute best bread ever, because of the use of quality ingredients and no preservatives - Highly RECOMMENDED and it is just so easy to use NO FUSS!! Just love it!!
Best investment I have ever made and I don't say this without meaning it

CassieOz

CassieOzCanberra

Hate it!

Day 1 and I want it gone. Got it through a rewards program but did a lot of research before ordering it. I only make dough in the machine (2-3 batches per week), then shape and bake myself. My problem is the compulsory 'rest' cycle before it will start. Usually put all ingredients in the pan, watch it mix for 2-3 minutes to check dough hydration/consistency then leave to get on with chores and come back 1:30 later. Can't do that now. I have to hang around maybe 30 minutes (how long it rests seems to me arbitrary) before I can get on with work. Theres no way to eliminate this or advance the program past it. Effectively useless

jt02

jt02australia

Best breadmaker I've owned!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Richard

RichardHobart

Hmmm jury still out

Ok bought this after my Sunbeam of 15 years bit the dust. The glowing reviews for it on this site swayed me. However after many loaves I am yet to be converted. The bread menu is not as broad as I hoped but at least the mixing paddle doesn't get stuck in the loaf as per my Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Darrendg

Darrendg

This is a brillent bread maker.

I love this bread maker so much. I read a lot of reviews and this one had the best reviews.
Since buying my bread maker about 2 months ago I haven't looked back. It is fantastic and I know make so many different types of bread. Every single time they turn out perfectly.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Dave A.asked

I’ve had my Panasonic 2501 for about 6 months and the paddle suddenly seems to be loose on the driveshaft, whereas before it seemed to be a snug fit. Is there a piece missing between the shaft and the paddle? And worse. Have we eaten it? It also seems to be noisier now because the paddle is moving around on the driveshaft.

Rhonda

Does the other paddle fit tight? If not it has the be the driveshaft. If it is only 6 moths old it should be under warranty.

Dave A.

No it doesn’t. Yes I realise it’s under warranty but I can’t understand how it’s happened. I can’t see what’s missing.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Dave, it doesn't sound like there is a part missing as the parts are large and you would notice this. You can contact our customer service team on 132600 and provide photos for our further review to assist you.

Andor

Andorasked

bake only menu 15 how long to bake?

According to the book, 3 of the recipes are 50 minutes and 1 is 55 minutes

Rhonda

Also you do have to enter the time required on the timer

David JWasked

How to prevent holes appearing in the centre of the loaf

Rhonda

Hi David, it could be too much yeast or too much water. It is kind of trial and error to get it right.

David JW

Thanks Rhonda. I suspect it is too much water. Just a little makes a big difference. Will try experimenting.

Good luck

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategoryBreadmakers