Panasonic SD-2501

Panasonic SD-2501 (page 2 of 11)

MPNs: 35902769, PSD2501 and SD2501

the 2501 short life

unit was easy to use but with lack of parts would not purchase again agent said try breville lasted only 3 years are they now made in china i still have first panasonic made built like a tank this quality wont be seen again.

why are parts unavailable for such a new model

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Absolutely Magnificent. Can't Fault It.

This machine is the best. Consistently produces a perfect loaf of bread. The wholemeal also comes out edible and soft. Important to always follow the order of adding ingredients especially if using the delayed timer function. This ensures that the yeast remains dry under the flour while on delay mode. We can't recommend it enough.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Simply the best!

I’ve asked for this bread machine from my husband as a Christmas present in December 2016 and has been loving it so much and no regrets! It is so easy to operate and it comes with many options from white bread to wholemeal, from grainy to gluten free loaves. My most favourite setting is Sandwich setting (number 10), never fails.

I love that I can put all the ingredients in at night before going to bed and wake up to a freshly baked bread and the house smells so divine. If you’d prefer to make buns or different shapes, no problem, just select the dough settings and it will be done for you.

The other thing I love is that I know exactly what ingredients I use and I can always use the best quality ingredients I can afford. No more buying bread.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Perfect every time

I have made bread using the dough hook on the mixer and kneading until the hands and arms are tired then cooking in the oven or Weber to turn out a pretty good loaf. With the process taking about 2 hours it was a better idea to buy some from woolies if we wanted a fresh loaf to go with soup or stews during the week, that was until we bought this. Now it’s set and forget, put the ingredients in at 7.00 in the morning and arrive home to fresh bread at 4.00 ready for dinner. Just follow the instructions and perfect results every time. Love it.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Perfect

I will never ever buy bread again this bread maker is awesome every single loaf has come out perfect. It also makes great pizza doe. And it’s very easy to use Also has a timer which is great for when you wake up in the morning you have fresh bread ready and the house smelling so good like a bakery. Highly recommended.

Best of the best!

It's big! It's pretty ugly! It's heavy! It's expensive! But wow, can this machine make great bread! No matter what you ask of it, it produces the goodies! Only had it a few weeks but every type of bread I try comes out 110%.

Only minor grizzle is that with biggest size loaf, the bread rises so much it sticks to the container top and has to be scraped off after it has baked on to it!

Don't leave home without it!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great!

Loving this bread maker. Haven't bought bread ever since I own this machine. Why buy when you can make it yourself. The bread is so soft, recommended to have it with Lurpak when it's freshly baked, sooo good. You can add healthy stuff on it too like chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds, etc.
It is so easy to use, just chuck all the ingredients and leave it. Within hours you'll have freshly baked bread.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

I like this bread maker

We've had our bread maker for a while. Had another brand previous but this is a good one. Easy to use. Makes a good loaf. Lots of settings so you can make many different things. We also got one for my mum who is not good with technology. Basically all she has to do is measure and add the ingredients, select the size, select the crust darkness and press start. It beeps when the bread is cooked and the display shows where you are in the cycle and time left.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Fantastic Machine - Best Ever

In the past I used to make loaves and rolls the old way every week for 6 years - great bread!
I have to say this Panasonic maker is fantastic absolute best bread ever, because of the use of quality ingredients and no preservatives - Highly RECOMMENDED and it is just so easy to use NO FUSS!! Just love it!!
Best investment I have ever made and I don't say this without meaning it

Hate it!

Day 1 and I want it gone. Got it through a rewards program but did a lot of research before ordering it. I only make dough in the machine (2-3 batches per week), then shape and bake myself. My problem is the compulsory 'rest' cycle before it will start. Usually put all ingredients in the pan, watch it mix for 2-3 minutes to check dough hydration/consistency then leave to get on with chores and come back 1:30 later. Can't do that now. I have to hang around maybe 30 minutes (how long it rests seems to me arbitrary) before I can get on with work. Theres no way to eliminate this or advance the program past it. Effectively useless

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Best breadmaker I've owned!

We purchased this breadmaker after having continual problems with our Breville breadmaker. I really did my research this time around, as I didn't want to be left with another dodgy product. This breadmaker had fantastic reviews online, so we went to inspect it instore. The sales rep was very knowledgeable of this product and had wonderful things to say about it. We purchased it and it has lived up to it's reputation! We bake a loaf of bread every 2 days and in the 6 months we've had this machine, I have not had one dodgy loaf! Every loaf has come out beautifully and tastes great. Our previous machine made a constant loud racket - but this machine is so quiet, I forget that it's baking bread until it fills the house with that delicious baking smell! The machine is easy to clean, and takes up much less bench space than our old one, but it is taller. I love how easy the bread pan is to clean - just a soft sponge and warm soapy water and you're done. The paddle is fantastic, really easy to clean and sturdy, too. Would recommend this machine to anyone wanting to make their own bread, you can't go wrong with it!

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Hmmm jury still out

Ok bought this after my Sunbeam of 15 years bit the dust. The glowing reviews for it on this site swayed me. However after many loaves I am yet to be converted. The bread menu is not as broad as I hoped but at least the mixing paddle doesn't get stuck in the loaf as per my Sunbeam.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

This is a brillent bread maker.

I love this bread maker so much. I read a lot of reviews and this one had the best reviews.
Since buying my bread maker about 2 months ago I haven't looked back. It is fantastic and I know make so many different types of bread. Every single time they turn out perfectly.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Don't regret my purchase.

First bread machine I have purchased and really happy with it. Even a novice like me can make some really nice loaves of bread! I was concerned, after reading other reviews, about making gluten free bread. Purchased packaged gluten free mixes from the store, followed instructions and they turned out great.

Great machine

Easy to use and ultra quiet. Bread/bread rolls turn out better than you will find in the shops. The flour mix I purchased said it would take a few attempts to get it right but my first loaf was perfect. Would highly recommend to anyone wanting to make their own bread

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good but doesnt make 'artisan type" breads easily

We had a Sunbeam which carked it recently, this made really good dense bread. This Panasonic makes nice 'shop bread"if you follow their recipes , and the controls are easy to use. Its only downside for us is that its harder to get a substantial dense loaf out of it.
My wife has played around with different recipes and she thinks that the recipes ask for too much yeast. Shes managed to get a very nice 50/50 wholemeal rye loaf following their recipe , and is now trying differing amounts of wholemeal flour and less yeast to see if we can get a denser loaf.
if you like puffed up light shop bread this is good ( and it can get close to or better then a good quality loaf such as a Lawson's stone ground if you work at it. )
Overall a decent product , purchased for $218 from Harvey Norman who threw in an extra two year warranty when I declined playing extra for the cover.

Love at first bake

I've been using an old hinari that wasn't bad but the bearings were starting to go. I bought a new machine from ALDI and really had problems. Last minute collapse before or during baking. I tried lots of adjustments. No joy. I decided to not be a cheapskate with something I enjoy so I bought the Panasonic. I tried a ready-mix wholemeal loaf from woolies. Perfect. I then did a 50% wholemeal XL from the Panasonic manual. The loaf could get a job modelling. I am an amateur at bread making but this bodes well after the ALDI machine.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

The reviews don't lie. This machine is the best!

I chose to purchase the Panasonic sd-2501bread maker following some intensive research. I wanted the best and all the reviews lead me back to this machine.

I made the purchase around 3 months ago and let me tell you, it doesn't disappoint. One concern of my husbands was that it would become just another wasted gadget that never gets used - wrong- I use it AT LEAST every second day. We haven't purchased a single store bought loaf of bread since purchasing it. And the novelty of using it hasn't worn off either. Every time I take a warm, delicious smelling, fresh loaf out of the bread maker I feel the same joy and achievement (not that I did much work to make it but I like to take the credit haha). Our 5yo loves the bread too and she even eats the crusts!

So if you're considering this machine I say go for it! It really is the bees knees. I'm going to try the jam setting today while strawberries are cheap.

Peace and love!

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Best ever!

After doing lots of reading up about bread machines I decided on this machine 5 years ago and I love it! I have used it regularly​ and it is still going strong. It is kneads so well and saves me lots of hard work. I use the rapid setting quite a lot more than the longer settings and the bread turns out great. The focaccia is very delicious, esp with some herbs thrown into the mix!

Date PurchasedMar 2012

Shame about nut dispenser

Had 3 of these breadmakers. Makes great bread. BUT in the last two machines the nut dispenser failed. I didn't do anything about the first failure but acted on the latest failure on 2 year old machine. Phone call to Panasonic not helpful at all. No replies to my email or contact via web to them. I thought the Australian Consumer Law now offered consumers protection against a product that doesn't last a reasonable amount of time.

Date PurchasedJun 2015