Panasonic Slim-Line Ducted
Listing monitored by Panasonic

4 questions from our users

alex2001asked
Slim-Line Ducted S-125PF1E5B / U-125PZ2R5 (12.5kW)

Why are your outdoor units so loud?

alex2001asked
Slim-Line Ducted S-125PF1E5B / U-125PZ2R5 (12.5kW)

How come Panasonic ask Jenny to contact their customer service but they don't do same for my review?
Maybe because I did contact customer service and they cant fix an inherent fault in the product?
Not good customer relations. Hey, Panasonic how about getting in touch and to offer a replacement for the outdoor unit and with something quieter?

Jenny L
Jenny Lasked
Slim-Line Ducted S-125PF1E5B / U-125PZ2R5 (12.5kW)

My unit is 6 months old , the first time it hit 35degrees in the Summer it packed up, the installer had to remove the 15 Amp circuit breaker and fit a 30 Amp to get it to work, let's hope it does not burn the house down. When it was 3 degrees a couple of days ago this Winter the heating packed up. The installer said it was the defrost stuck, he got it working. It is now very noisy, not happy with it, what can you do.?

Panasonic
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jenny. Please contact our customer service team on 132600 to discuss further.

alex2001

Hi Jenny. Interesting that your Panasonic outdoor unit is now very loud. If you look at the review I have submitted along with video and audio attached I too have encountered the loudest outdoor unit I have ever heard. Panasonic sent service agents but there was little they could do and the sound at 82db I think exceeds environmental regulations. Perhaps Panasonic should be contacting all purchasers of these models and offer a replacement unit ?

Marc Cowy
Marc Cowyasked
Slim-Line Ducted S-125PF1E5B / U-125PZ2R5 (12.5kW)

That doesn't sound good, pardon the pun . Maybe the outdoor unit has been incorrectly installed? I have been told to make sure the pipe insulation is the black stuff and that white stuff is not allowed on commercial jobs but also told that poor installers use the white rubbish on domestic. How do they get away with that on your unit? Do the initials F&D = Ford and Doonan? Maybe the Panasonic outdoor units are just really loud?

Hi Marc
I updated my review with comment. I lodged a Panasonic warranty job and Panasonic sent two technicians to have a look. Not much they could do to reduce the noise other than suggest to set lower expectations for indoor temp settings or turn the unit off to stop the noise

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

Panasonic Slim-Line Ducted