Parlux 385 Power Light

See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Parlux? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Safety
Joey
JoeySydney, NSW

Not what I expected

The hair dryer took some getting used to. It was lighter compared to my previous turbo professional which was great. However, 2-3 weeks ago, when I put the hair dryer in an upside down position to get to the back of my head, it started automatically turning off. This was extremely disappointing. My previous hairdryer was more than 20 years old and it only started rattling once I dropped it. I have never dropped the Parlux 385 Power Light and it's only about 2 years old.

Purchased in October 2017 at online for $190.00.

Lasted only 18 months

Purchased a Parflux 385 light 18 months ago. Plugged it in this morning and it wouldn't start. Its toast and I spent over 300.00 for it. You would think for that price it would have lasted longer than 18 months. I've been taken!!

Other Hair Dryers

steveboy
steveboyauckland

Hot and Cold settings are stupid

my 385 light is doing the same as the others in regards to the hot and cold setting. something very wrong with the switch design the high on cold is 155digre and the hot max is 210digree but its stupid that the med setting on hot does not do anything but blow normal temp air. will not buy another one.to top it all i had to buy a difussser to fit this and it will not fit any other model . getting more like Apple phones every day. older models lasted me 11 years no problems should of kept them

Dianne
Dianneasked
385 Power Light

Do any of the parlux dryers come in travel size?

Lexluvzu
Lexluvzuasked
385 Power Light

Is the PaRlux interior supposed to gradually become bright orange? I’m afraid it’s overheating or about to blow? It’s never gotten as hot as it is currently reaching to where I cannot hold the dryers body because It will burn me.

Bex
Bex

I wish someone at Parlux would address this. I bought mine two years ago and it’s doing this exact thing. It’s bright orange inside now I can only use medium heat on high to get a decent blowout. It also destroyed my YSPark diffuser with how hot it gets!!! I’m afraid it’s goibg to explode on me. My co workers parlux once blew up on him while styling a client. Flames actually came out the front luckily it was a long time client of his I’m afraid mine is going to do the same. I love my parlux but they’re proving they o Ky last two years and I don’t feel that’s what a hairstylist wants to purchase every other year

Vicki
Vickiasked
385 Power Light

What is the best setting to dry short fine hair to create a style full of volume but not frizz. I find the 2 switches very confusing. I first like to 'rough dry' my hair, fast flow heat, then to style, medium flow heat, but often the temperature feels too hot and potentially damaging. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KRISSY
KRISSY

My hair is very thick, I use the highest setting because my hair is so thick and coarse, it does get very hot but it smooths my frizz better. Never use the high setting on fine hair even the medium setting can get very hot. I would definitely use the lowest setting with full power for your hair, you could potentially damage your hair on a higher heat setting. I don't know much about the settings really or hair but there is a customer service phone number you can call
1800 251 215 not sure if they will be much help but it's worth a shot. Good luck :)

See all Parlux 385 Power Light questions

Parlux 385 Power Light

Featured in the InStyle Best Beauty Buys Hall of Fame for outstanding performance, the Parlux 385 PowerLight is a suitable choice for those seeking salon-quality hair from the comfort of their own homes.

Features:

• 4 heat settings and 2 speed settings to accommodate to a range of hair textures (such as fine or thick hair) and length
  • Ionic and ceramic technology helps maintain healthy, static-free hair by reducing heat damage
  • An integrated silencer minimises noise to reduce disturbances
  • Available in an impressive amount of colours, including aqua, black, gold, orange, pink, purple, red, silver and white

What reviewers liked about the Parlux 385 PowerLight:

• Many reviewers had this hair dryer recommended to them by their hairdresser, as its high-quality and lightweight features made it a staple for salons.
  • The Parlux 385 PowerLight dried hair quickly and efficiently due to its powerful airflow, making it an ideal choice for those short on time.
  • GTIN13: 8021233124037 and 8021233124211