Parlux 385 Power Light

See the Best Hair Dryers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Parlux? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Citychic
CitychicGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great hairdryer & power

The hair dryer is on the expensive end but its worth the money as it lasts for decent amount of years. i had to replace my old one, which lasted at least 8-10 years. i like the fact that it is made in italy, its ionic and blow dries my hair straight. I have also taken it for travel overseas with me as it is light, compact and easy to pack in my suitcase. It can be slightly noisy but I can put up with the noise. i haven't had any issues with it.

Purchased in September 2018 for $160.00.

John S
John S

This is amazing

I love this product it is sleek elegant and simply amazing it blows my hair dry in about 10 minutes way better than i expected i also really like the colours of the Parlux 385

Purchased in December 2018.

NikolezeNigelkx
NikolezeNigelkxWarragul

work well

The electric wind blows well, the design is good, it's light and easy to hold in your hand. It is very convenient to store, the sound when used is very small, very quiet, it is windy enough, even the long hair is easy to blow dry.

3Kitties
3KittiesMelbourne

Love This Hair Dryer

This was a little present for myself and I love it! It is so nice to use and lives up to my expectations very well. It is compact and absolutely a breeze to maneuver around in the morning. Its compact so I travel with it but I like it more than the one we have at home. Really good quality hair dryer.

Morgan Shae
Morgan ShaeMelbourne

Parlux is the brand I am sticking with, until I can buy a Dyson

I switched to Parlux about three years ago and this is my second hairdryer, since my old Parlux 3800 suddenly stopped one day (only used every second day.) I like to use high fan and low heat and Parlux hairdryers do not burn my hair but dry it fast. Also good that I do not have to clean the filter like I used to with other brands. I would have liked to have bought a coloured model, not my usual black though.

Jess
JessSydney, NSW

Good hair dryer!

This is a good hairdryer, l would recommended it as a hairdresser. Very smooth and perfect heat for drying! I find its not to noisy either and easy to clean.

Smith.S
Smith.SSydney

great!

If you are a daily user of a hairdryer, I would definitely recommend this one. It is light, cools quickly. Looks stylish and runs amazing and i would not recommend another one

Summerz
SummerzCanberra

Does the job well

This dryer distributes hot air well compared to some cheaper hairdryers and is less likely to damage hair compared to some that burn too hot (on user selection) and to focused. I've had this over 2yrs now, and use on a daily basis, and still working well.

Jess
JessSydney

Looooove

I really do love this hairdryer. Not only does it come in a range of awesome colours, but it heats well and is very comfortable to hold while drying your or someone else's hair. I would have gave it a 5 but on occasion mine does to have a slight burning smell.

jnat
jnatSydney

Great hairdryer

I love this hairdryer, very efficient and not very loud, although when i read reviews it claimed to be one of the quietest hairdriers but it isn't any quieter than my previous visal sasson one. It is also quite pricey. Overall still loved it.

Nat
Nat

Happy

This is an expensive hair dryer but a hairdresser recommended to me. She said the GHD wasn't so good and to buy a parlux. So I like it, it looks good and the range of colours available is awesome. However not sure if it is that much better than a cheaper one. At the end of the day they all dry your hair. No complaints though.

Sam
SamMelbourne

A good investment in healthy hair

Would have given 5 stars if it wasn't so expensive (Even on sale!). But it does dry hair really quickly and seems noticeably gentler on my hair than normal hairdryers.
The temperature & speed controls are a little confusing (one blue, one red?) but it's not a big deal.
Also it's light to hold and has a good length cord which are important factors.

Littlemisslovely
LittlemisslovelySydney

Super quick

I bought this hairdryer purely off my so many online recommendation - my favourite feature is it is so incredibly quick to dry hair.

It's expensive too, which is why I didn't get 5 stars (as I do feel others on the market are comparable for half the cost), but it is a lovely hair dryer to own. They seem to have a lot of raving fans.

Deb
Deb

Very Good

Great hair blow dryer plenty of power works well for me and my family. Easy to pack and take away on holidays does everything I need it to do gets the job done.

Ange T
Ange TSydney

Perfect!

This item is the best hair dryer i ever had. It works amazingly well and has never disappointed me before. The different colours is also amazing as there are so many.

Dianne
Dianneasked
385 Power Light

Do any of the parlux dryers come in travel size?

Lexluvzu
Lexluvzuasked
385 Power Light

Is the PaRlux interior supposed to gradually become bright orange? I’m afraid it’s overheating or about to blow? It’s never gotten as hot as it is currently reaching to where I cannot hold the dryers body because It will burn me.

Bex
Bex

I wish someone at Parlux would address this. I bought mine two years ago and it’s doing this exact thing. It’s bright orange inside now I can only use medium heat on high to get a decent blowout. It also destroyed my YSPark diffuser with how hot it gets!!! I’m afraid it’s goibg to explode on me. My co workers parlux once blew up on him while styling a client. Flames actually came out the front luckily it was a long time client of his I’m afraid mine is going to do the same. I love my parlux but they’re proving they o Ky last two years and I don’t feel that’s what a hairstylist wants to purchase every other year

Vicki
Vickiasked
385 Power Light

What is the best setting to dry short fine hair to create a style full of volume but not frizz. I find the 2 switches very confusing. I first like to 'rough dry' my hair, fast flow heat, then to style, medium flow heat, but often the temperature feels too hot and potentially damaging. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KRISSY
KRISSY

My hair is very thick, I use the highest setting because my hair is so thick and coarse, it does get very hot but it smooths my frizz better. Never use the high setting on fine hair even the medium setting can get very hot. I would definitely use the lowest setting with full power for your hair, you could potentially damage your hair on a higher heat setting. I don't know much about the settings really or hair but there is a customer service phone number you can call
1800 251 215 not sure if they will be much help but it's worth a shot. Good luck :)

See all Parlux 385 Power Light questions

Parlux 385 Power Light

Featured in the InStyle Best Beauty Buys Hall of Fame for outstanding performance, the Parlux 385 PowerLight is a suitable choice for those seeking salon-quality hair from the comfort of their own homes.

Features:

• 4 heat settings and 2 speed settings to accommodate to a range of hair textures (such as fine or thick hair) and length
  • Ionic and ceramic technology helps maintain healthy, static-free hair by reducing heat damage
  • An integrated silencer minimises noise to reduce disturbances
  • Available in an impressive amount of colours, including aqua, black, gold, orange, pink, purple, red, silver and white

What reviewers liked about the Parlux 385 PowerLight:

• Many reviewers had this hair dryer recommended to them by their hairdresser, as its high-quality and lightweight features made it a staple for salons.
  • The Parlux 385 PowerLight dried hair quickly and efficiently due to its powerful airflow, making it an ideal choice for those short on time.
  • GTIN13: 8021233124037 and 8021233124211