PayPal

PayPal (page 2 of 10)

Brand Manager for PayPal? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Stephen J.
Stephen J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Have been very helpful with refunds

I have had three instances where I purchased items through ebay and they never arrived or have been faulty. Paypal were excellent in resolving these issues as the sellers/ebay wouldn't help and I make sure I provide accurate and honest information. I will only purchase online with Paypal and hope they continue to provide good service.

shonk
shonkAdelaide

Product not as descibed

Bought product . size was much small than descirbed and print was all blurry.
I sent all details and pictures to them and was waiting feedback but they closed the off the complaint.
PayPal did not help me get my funds back.

Ethan
EthanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Useless

Bought a product, did not get the service I purchased, PayPal’s response “yes you did” feeling safer already! Starting to think about closing it altogether maybe there’s a better service out there.

"Buyer Protection" is really Seller Protection

After purchasing an item online and receiving wrong item, vendor was unwilling to replace/refund. I escalated to Paypal thinking "Buyer Protection" would assist in getting my money back. The vendor provided a fake address in Europe that was cost-prohibitive for me to return a 10 kg item. Paypal kept assuring me I would receive my refund and reimbursement up to $45 postage cost - the shipping cost was going to be over $145...
Bottom line, didn't get my refund, Paypal absolutely unhelpful. Will NEVER use Paypal again.

Linda
LindaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I am now convinced that Paypal are corrupt!

PayPal offer no protection for the consumer. The last few disputes have gone in favour of the seller. Upon calling PayPal before the dispute is closed, they reassure you that all is fine and not to worry, and that you have PayPal protection. You are given the same sermon every time just to find out in the end that your dispute was found in favour of the seller. Absolute Wroughts!!!

Elaine T
Elaine TAU

Dishonest! Avoid together with eBay.

Messed around with me for 2 months and did not refund for product on time for items purchased on eBay never received on time. I was due a refund on the 3, then extended to the 4th, then extended to 10th then further extended to 20th then further extended to 21 then the dispute was closed on me abruptly.

Daniel J
Daniel JSydney, NSW

This company is why 0 stars should be an option.

Support service incompetent.

Locked my account for 3 weeks running as they have me setup as a supplier even though I am not. Can’t unlock. Have missed multiple purchases due to this.

Wouldn’t trust my data with such an incompetent company.

They are the worst. The very very bottom.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Tony W.
Tony W.Sydney, NSW

No issues in over 16 years

I was a large online retailer and put in excess of $200k of sales through Paypal. In over 1500 transactions I recall only 3 small fraudulent claims against us, totalling $400.

From the aspect of being a buyer, I have made a couple of claims and won on each occasion and had the money refunded or the goods replaced.

I really cannot understand why people hate them so much. I guess being a large seller helps as you have a direct phone number and a contact to deal with if required. Paypal helped us to grow a great business and make quite a healthy income for a long time.

Aitch
Aitch

Don't Use PAYPAL

Impossible to contact, can't stop emails from unused account (for many years). Don't use them as they take too much if you are a seller (even for a small sale amount) and why any buyer would use them when credit cards, BNPL etc are so much easier to control. I will have to change to a different email with my ISP to get rid of them!

Find out how PayPal compares to other Money Transfer Services

Scammer heaven stay clear of PAYPAL

Lisa
LisaMid North Coast, NSW

Boy Paypal havent we gone down hill in the pandemic when we need you the most for online transaction protection

I returned a full price item with tags to a retailer (CityBeach) who did not refund my money or even reply, after they did not describe the fabric properly therefore when i received the item it was totally different to what i expected and visually could not see the details on their website. Paypal closed the case in favour of the retailer, even though i do not have the item anymore. Paypal said they only support items wrongly sent or not as described. Wth Paypal i clearly stated it was not as described. Now I can't talk to a human .. Screw you PAYPAL Burn in hell.

Davo68
Davo68Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Absolutely useless

I deposited money into my account to buy an overseas product had to wait 3 days then I put my order and instead of using what was in my account they withdrew funds from my bank account, I rang them and said you withdrew funds from my bank account so I'm withdrawing my funds from PayPal they said I could do that as my bank funds would pay for the product.
I received the funds and then a day later the funds that were in PayPal to pay for my product appeared in my bank, they had cancelled my order and now I have to go through all that again, PayPal is the worst ever and I mean ever, do not use them if you have any other option as you will regret it.

Joy R.
Joy R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor Customer service

Please do not use PayPal. Poor customer service . What a ripped off with payments, the majority of them are very incapable, not answering the right questions, not just that, even not providing the right contact methods

Jill R.
Jill R.Perth, WA

Switched off Auto Sweep for Australian Businesses

Paypal have switched off auto sweep (a function which served businesses by automatically processing client payments into their bank accounts) which means businesses have to go in and withdraw paypal funds everytime they are paid via paypal. If the additional merchant fees it costs to use paypal aren't enough, now they are requiring additional labour in order to retrieve funds. Not too mention 50% of the time they hold the funds for no apparent reason and you have to wait weeks for payment. Not very useful for a small business and we have removed it from our website.

paypal is crap
paypal is crapSouth East Queensland, QLD

0 stars, they helped a scammer get back their money

after 60 days back and forth with the resolution center, they decided to charge me 2k usd and give back the scammer her money. scammer sent the money over then does a chargeback, cancelled, after i sold her the product, she claimed a reversal again. She bought the product from me and she gets away with it. unbelievable, im not using paypal ever again. now I'm forced to pay the balance. paypal is useless. do not use it. scammers heaven.

Auskeeper
AuskeeperGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

They simply do not care

They have no interest in helping you when they have caused an issue with your bank account. It's obvious they did a rush job developing Pay in 4. They claimed they couldn't remove a pre-authorisation, and sent me away to discuss the issue with my bank. My bank advised this was not their responsibility (which I knew already but checked anyway) and that it's Paypal's responsibility. I'm sticking with Afterpay, these guys are absolute shysters

Alex
AlexGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stay clear of PayPal, no buyer protection

There is no buyer protection with PP. Working at dispute resolution through PP. I requested refund from seller on basis that products were not as advertised and requested refund. PP said to return goods to seller and provide tracking information to PP which I did and PP acknowledged receipt of tracking info and advised that they shall share with seller. A month later PP advised me that they had close the dispute because I did not provide tracking information! WTH!!! Trying to contact PP is almost impossible ..... frustrating.

vista totally suck
vista totally sucksomewhere

the service is garbage

Utterly garbage service. Their increadably bad reputation is well deserved. I recently had my account closed with no warning and no explanation.. There was no suspect activity, excessive claims, { NO claims to be exact} . Multiple emails were ignored as were most phone calls. When I did speak to somone
I recorded the converstaion, advising them that I was doing so { I will post at some point} but basically they said that they were closing my account and would not say why. They reffered me to their terms of service which I went through closely and there was absolutely no trangressions.

JByrne1465
JByrne1465

Poor buyer protection

PayPal obviously don't read the details you provide when making a claim against sellers. I recently made a purchase to a seller, who refused to change an incorrect address within minutes after payment. The item was then shipped to the incorrect address and thus , I never received my item. I provided all the details to PayPal and escalated a claim. Despite the information and proof I provided, PayPal stated that my order was delivered accurately. I would now rather spend 5 times the amount of money and time to ensure I get services or goods that I pay for.
Let's not even talk about their timeliness.

Patrina H.
Patrina H.South East Queensland, QLD

So frustrated - impossible to deal with

I have been trying to set up a business account for 2 months. I have emailed, jumped through hoops, chatted, and pulled out all my hair. AVOID. There are cheaper and easier options out there.

Pulling out my hair

David
DavidSydney, NSW

Cancel Paypal account

I simply wish to cancel my account no big deal. After signing in normally with my password they want me to provide additional I.D. . I don't wish to provide any more personal information , they have been happy doing business with me since 2009 why the extra information now i want to close account ?. Their customer service couldn't give me a answer ?. Just let me close my account - not a unreasonable request.

Steve
Steve

Do not use or trust them.

Take no responsibility for taking payments from a hacked PayPal account. Advertise to tell everyone they are secure, reality, as bad as the scammers they support to get their payments.

Darren
DarrenSydney, NSW

The worst financial institution America has given us

Having the option to use PayPal is on many purchase platforms but Please use caution.Paypal was used to purchase thru the BWS app the transaction was cancelled because they couldn't deliver the money left the account instantly and then when it came time for a refund,it was processed instantly but failed to show in my account for 5 days. When contacted PayPal showed little concern,
blaming my bank, but not themselves. messaging is the only way to discuss it no phone number ,it took threats to the banking ombudsman before I received an overseas call from a phillipino expressing regret lousy service lousy product

Tiger
TigerMelbourne

Buyer protection is not true

PayPal was good year's ago but now they are completely hopeless.
I don't know why PayPal still offer buyer protection when they close a case and state that they can't help.

Other Money Transfer Services