PayPal

PayPal

Brand Manager for PayPal? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

carly
carlyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I was sold a broken 12 year old gadget sold as nearly new. Didn't get my money back

Paypal offers zero protection I purchased a Bones Milestone voice recorder. The advertisement said it was nearly new but what was sent to me was 12 years old. It also did not work. I won't be using paypal anymore.

Defaultbyozzy
DefaultbyozzyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

paypal card

No way of cancelling online application for paypal card if you decide against later on.
The keep on sending text messages to continue the application. Its literally spamming the customer unnecessarily to complete the application rather than providing an opt out option. No way out other than calling through to customer service to opt out.

No protection for seller, poor customer service

I sold a set of 6 model cars to a buyer via Facebook marketplace. Before they arrived, he said he wanted a refund. I refused, as they had already been posted. The buyer claimed that the item was not as described, due to some slightly damaged packaging. The cars themselves were new, in unopened packets.
The buyer opened a dispute via PayPal, which he won, despite me providing evidence of his dishonesty.
He was supposed to return all cars for a full refund. He only returned 5 of them and kept the 6th. On lodging a claim with PayPal, their response was to lodge a complaint with a local law enforcement agency (ie. The police).

PayPal offered no protection to me as a seller and I will not be using it again.

Edwin M
Edwin MPeel, WA

IF YOU HAVE ISSUES YOU CANT CONTACT PAYPAL

Useless company. I purchased an item online and it was sent back to the merchant for some unknown reason. Paypal refunded my 75% of the value. I sent an email to Paypal, the automated responsed from Paypal was that the message was sent to the merchant. My email was directed to Paypal not the Merchant . FFS

Jose
JoseSydney, NSW

Horrible

Jessica
Jessica

Poor Investigation

Rates and Fees

Will side with scam seller, not the customer

Seller sent me a knockoff power adapter instead of the brand name Asus they billed me for, even tried to lie and say thats what I "actually" bought

Was "willing" to give me a refund, but in order to get my $60 back I would have to spend $120 sending the old adapter back

Paypal sided with seller even though they had the conversation logs that showed the seller knowingly tried to scam me

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Rich
RichGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Buyers dont have 100% protection

Scott
Scott

Worst company to deal with.

Buyer protection means nothing. Paypal are a joke of a company, I hope they go bust. Buyer protection doesn't exist, and neither does my account with paypal. will never use them again.

PC
PCSydney

Good luck if something goes wrong!

An ebay seller offered a partial refund for an item I bought. Ebay says it was processed, paypal says it wasn't. Paypal closed the case because they said I couldn't prove I was due a refund despite uploading multiple evidence proving I was. Some of their replies were incomprehensible and contradictory. I strongly believe they just wait for 10 days for cases to expire and refuse claims without any investigation. 0/10 service. 2/10 English communication. Absolute useless customer service.

Dangles
DanglesNSW, 2340

Scammers

This company takes your money & takes fees. When you call these scammers, they just say “where sorry” - Everyone I suggest use Beamit - Stay away from PayPal have to wait until I get money back.

Agnes
AgnesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Faulty Products

I purchased closet caddy from Wish - The product failed after two weeks. I referred the issue to PayPal
and they refused my claim. Very poor customer service. I did not even have the opportunity to argue the issue of the faulty product. Be very wary of Wish

Scamming with PayPal and Facebook advertising

I was scammed and pay pal did nothing about it
If there's a tracking no that's the end for them even if it's fake tracking no
Absolutely disgusting never used them again

mocca
mocca

DISGUSTING SERVICE

Paypal used to be good but going down real fast, its a good site to make quick payments and receive refunds but the customer service is disgusting, rude and uneducated, they blocked my account coz i did too much purchasing, i mean what a joke, what is paypal used for then, no surprise that the negative reviews are so high, still have funds and refunds owing to me via paypal, hope i still get them all.

Very unethical business practices

I own a small business and have been offering PayPal to my customers for over a year. During this entire time, PayPal have continued to hold the majority of my funds for 3 weeks before being released. Initially they said it was because I was new, then they said it was because they classed my business as high risk, which is absolutely absurd given I have not had a single chargeback, dispute or complaint this entire time. What they are doing is completely unethical, unfair and unwarranted, and they don't care that they are harming small businesses.

Janne
Janneasked

These issues are systemic and need to be publicly aired.

Who is interested in sharing their story with third parties to incite effective action against PayPal's practices?

How many more businesses will have their income 'frozen' for months before ASIC takes action?

Artful Codger
Artful Codger

I obviously found it extremely frustrating while attempting to comply with everything pp requested but still received no satisfaction...and I've been using them for years ...loyalty means nothing...and they're happy to support scammers despite evidence provided by me.

TPT
TPT

Do you want A real answer... I and others have been at war with Ebay and Paypal for a LONG time. We made paypal get registered as a financial entity, rather than a free ranging and free loading entity with no accountability. I am the person who broke Ebays back, by providing their customer base with alternatives like Etsy etc., and Ebay lost 50% of their users almost overnight. I have no problems in dealing with Paypal. Janne, as far as your "Oh something ought to be done", people have been at WW3 with Paypal for a LONG time...

e.g.

Probably the easiest way to deal with them in Australia is via the Australian Financial Complaints Authority and add on a bill for your time.

www.afca.org.au

If they are legitmately in the wrong and have failed to respond THE FIRST TIME, it should not take a day or your time and 20 emails in a game of internet ping pong. If you contact them and give them a reasonable time to respond and they do not, or they respond with copy paste tripe that is useless or totally off topic, crunch them with a complaint, and bill Paypal for your time.

The Graphic P.
The Graphic P.asked

Same issues as everyone here. So who can we complain about their behaviour?

cockatoo
cockatoo

Suggest apra.gov.au if you're in Australia. Hopefully the regulators will do some regulating after being kicked in the a*se by the Banking Royal Commission.

Pete
Pete

You need to contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) info@afca.org.au

Also copy in
AUSTRALIA SQUARE NSW 1215
Toll Free No: 1800 073 263
Business: 1800 073 263
Email: auexecutiveescalations@paypal.com

Sending a copy of your letter to your federal MP regarding Paypal can also help, as Paypal hold a banking license.

Birdman
Birdman

Thanks Pete. I hope you don't mind if I re post your info to other complainants.

jerry v.
jerry v.asked

Hello,
Could you tell me what is wrong with my Visa Card details at PayPal ?

Rareman1
Rareman1

who would know except pay pal ?Best ask them

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Since they don’t monitor this site why expect consumers to know?

Other Money Transfer Services