PayPal

PayPal

Brand Manager for PayPal? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Emma J.
Emma J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

What’s the point?????

I received an item from a seller that was not as described, I returned with tags and wasn’t given a refund. I made a dispute with PayPal and they went with the seller. So disappointed!! I use PayPal for protection but now realise it makes no difference.

shonk
shonkAdelaide

Product not as descibed

Bought product . size was much small than descirbed and print was all blurry.
I sent all details and pictures to them and was waiting feedback but they closed the off the complaint.
PayPal did not help me get my funds back.

Poor customer service and resolution handling

The customer service team are extremely slow to respond and are unable to help you find a resolution to my simple issues with PayPal. Really disappointed!
Closed my account as a result of this issue.

Reviewer.
Reviewer.

They’re changing for the worse

PayPal was amazing before all these new changes. Now they offer instant transfer transactions, and charge a fee. Fair enough, but it’s been 2 days and nothing. They’re ignoring messages too, it’s been 10 hours and no response, and I can see when agents review and start typing but go away. I used to work in call centre so I know the person doesn’t want to deal with it so leaves it for someone else. If payment does not come by tomorrow, will report to fair trading.

Tiger Woods
Tiger WoodsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor Customer Service And Poor Systems Management

PayPal system has been overlooking the preferred card payment method which is the card ending with XYZZ and debiting the card ending with ABCD which was not the preferred card set up in their system. I contacted three of their service members and all of them gave me different answers without solving my problem. I am very disappointed with their service. They are unable to read and understand the issue that I reported in their Resolution Centre and took inappropriate action on my merchants which resulted in supply delays from them. Their system logic and management are deplorable.

buzz
buzzLaunceston, TAS

Great until you sell something through them

Rhonda M.
Rhonda M.Sydney, NSW

Refund not paid- sold on ebay

I sold a Playstation 4 on ebay. I was informed that the money would not be available for 3 weeks. I received an email today to say that as of today my money is available. However my paypal accunt shows the deposit on 30/1/21. I tried webchat, they don't understand me, I tried ringing and was just given an automated message. The balance in my account to be transferred is much less. I only bought ! thing today, where is the rest of my money? Why are we unable to speak to some one?

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Nikita
NikitaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great idea. Unfortunately abysmal implementation.

Have made rulings in my favour (thank you) and some not. Recently, locked my account, offered no way to resolve it. Outrageous costumer service - don't listen, don't respond to questions, and just copy/paste standard phrases about their policies. Have a 'contact us' if you want a copy of your conversation - that button leads to nowhere. Other 'feedback' buttons literally don't work. Can't wait for an alternative.

Winx
WinxTasmania

Zero Customer Service!

I want to change my account from Business to Personal. Have contacted Paypal 3 times, but nothing's happened except for vague messages referring me to their website, which is also useless. I now want to close my account entirely, but get the same runaround. A nightmare to deal with!

Andre
AndreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

PayPal Buyer Protection is not Real!

I have always thought that shopping online with paypal is safe. I ordered some items from some website, but they only partially delivered the items. Tried to get in touch with seller, but I got no response till I raised a dispute on paypal to get partial refund.

I submitted photo as proof, but here’s the response that I got back from PayPal:
“In order to continue with this investigation, a report must be filed with a law enforcement agency or government organization.”

It’s not worth my time for the dispute amount of $9 to get law enforcement agency involved. Beware!

Neil
NeilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Goods never received

Simon P.
Simon P.

Excessive over the board tech/automation

Good luck communicating with customer service! Logged in to my account to check the transactions, there was a notification waiting for me. I could not make head or tail of that strange mixture of accounting and tech language! Sent a message to get explanation. Their reply shows they are incapable of providing an explanation of their own notification! Must be a robot replying as customer service agent. I give up!

Carmel
CarmelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Paypal guarantee has gone.

I had a business take funds without consent from my account 2 months after I had cancelled the service. I asked for a refund, they said NO. I paid through paypal as they allegedly have a guarantee of assistance, which I called upon. They reviewed the case and found in the favour of the business. Totally fraudulent and negligent on Paypals behalf. DO NOT TRUST THEM ANYMORE.

Andrew
AndrewMelbourne

Used to be OK, seems worse

Greg In Melbourne
Greg In MelbourneMelbourne

Paypal, lift your game

I have had a Paypal account for well over ten years. Originally happy with Paypal's product, as it provided a more secure means of purchasing online. However, in recent years, Paypal now appear to pass on more and more of your personal information to the party you are purchasing from. Just as a side note, I am not aware that the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 mentions anything about providing your mobile phone number, email address etc. to the other party being absolutely necessary in order to complete a purchase. I suggest anyone looking to make online purchases should consider other means. Greg.

Janne
Janneasked

These issues are systemic and need to be publicly aired.

Who is interested in sharing their story with third parties to incite effective action against PayPal's practices?

How many more businesses will have their income 'frozen' for months before ASIC takes action?

Artful Codger
Artful Codger

I obviously found it extremely frustrating while attempting to comply with everything pp requested but still received no satisfaction...and I've been using them for years ...loyalty means nothing...and they're happy to support scammers despite evidence provided by me.

TPT
TPT

Do you want A real answer... I and others have been at war with Ebay and Paypal for a LONG time. We made paypal get registered as a financial entity, rather than a free ranging and free loading entity with no accountability. I am the person who broke Ebays back, by providing their customer base with alternatives like Etsy etc., and Ebay lost 50% of their users almost overnight. I have no problems in dealing with Paypal. Janne, as far as your "Oh something ought to be done", people have been at WW3 with Paypal for a LONG time...

e.g.

Probably the easiest way to deal with them in Australia is via the Australian Financial Complaints Authority and add on a bill for your time.

www.afca.org.au

If they are legitmately in the wrong and have failed to respond THE FIRST TIME, it should not take a day or your time and 20 emails in a game of internet ping pong. If you contact them and give them a reasonable time to respond and they do not, or they respond with copy paste tripe that is useless or totally off topic, crunch them with a complaint, and bill Paypal for your time.

The Graphic P.
The Graphic P.asked

Same issues as everyone here. So who can we complain about their behaviour?

cockatoo
cockatoo

Suggest apra.gov.au if you're in Australia. Hopefully the regulators will do some regulating after being kicked in the a*se by the Banking Royal Commission.

Pete
Pete

You need to contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) info@afca.org.au

Also copy in
AUSTRALIA SQUARE NSW 1215
Toll Free No: 1800 073 263
Business: 1800 073 263
Email: auexecutiveescalations@paypal.com

Sending a copy of your letter to your federal MP regarding Paypal can also help, as Paypal hold a banking license.

Birdman
Birdman

Thanks Pete. I hope you don't mind if I re post your info to other complainants.

jerry v.
jerry v.asked

Hello,
Could you tell me what is wrong with my Visa Card details at PayPal ?

Rareman1
Rareman1

who would know except pay pal ?Best ask them

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Since they don’t monitor this site why expect consumers to know?

Other Money Transfer Services