PayPal

PayPal

Brand Manager for PayPal? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Garry
Garry

this site is so hard to contact

I can not get any body to talk to me they have a block on my account and are not answering my messages all i need is an answer they also do not take ph calls they hang up so you get no where

Anna
Anna

Better for buyers most of the time. Bad for sellers.

Julie
JulieSydney, NSW

Can no longer rely on them to protect me

I have been using PayPal for the security of my money and they let me down. I asked them to hold a payment to a merchant as I didnt receive the service promised. PayPal paid the merchant anyway. Ive been using PayPal for years with no problems and the one time I needed them to protect me they didnt.

Bev
BevGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not perfect

Reviewer
ReviewerPerth, WA

No coverage for defective items

You are only covered purchasing through PayPal if the item never arrives, if it arrives defective or not as described or broken you have to wear the cost of returning it to the seller, which is usually more than the purchase price.

wellow1
wellow1northampton

fight the good fight

had a problem with e bay regarding a rubbish supplier who due to time limits passed it over to paypal who were reasonable at start but then mucked around.however i then said i was tired of their stalling and if they did not repay mr the amt which they had already clawed back from the supplier i would do the following and guess what money came back within3 days
said i would go to online supplers and ask if they accepted paypal then i would not deal with them even if they took normal credit cards as you judge people by who they deal with,
worked for me

Debra Smith
Debra SmithAU

Can live without it

I don't like that I had to link my personal bank account to pp before I could receive my refund which was way less then what the original amount was. Rarely use anymore.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
James
JamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good invoices terrible transactions

Ckerr
CkerrWallan

Usually great - this time - terrible.

I have been waiting for over a month for an item to be refunded to me due to the seller not disclosing they had cut the item making it useless to anyone else. Seller wants to refund now. PayPal is stalling the process. Also the PayPal Telus refund for postage? Sent them info on 19 Jan and got an email saying they'd be in touch in 5 business days. It is 1 Feb. NO COMMUNICATION. Very disappointed. What has happened to your great customer service PayPal?

Jay
Jay

Pre approved payments.

I have used PayPal for about 1 year now and only recently have I being seeing pre approved payments on my activity. For example, using a uber paying $14.00 through PayPal. There will then be another amount taken out from pre approved payment! If I was to know I was getting all these other charges that have now ALL ADDED up, I wouldn't have used PayPal.
Can't trust any companies or businesses these days, disappointing. Will also be making people aware of secret money making lie!!

Joe
JoeHunter Region, NSW

You need to be persistent

Bought a tap from Light in the box, cheap Hong Kong based company and of course it leaked. No phone number then I remembered I had paid via PayPal. 5 phone calls and 5 emails and then refunded my money. Claimed on 4 occasions that they did not receive the emails, this is their first line of defence. Just keep ringing them, if you get through to an operative that has poor English hang up and try again. Number is 1800 073 263 and go for # then # then 4. Good luck!

Diabolical
DiabolicalSydney

Done well by me as a buyer

I have used PayPal for years and have not had a problem with them. I've had to initiate a few disputes through the years and every time I've been given my money back. My only complaint is that the process is very long and can take weeks to get finalised, which is frustrating on the end of a problem that has usually already been going on for months unresolved with the seller. I've never used them as a seller so can't comment on them for that side of things but as a buyer, they provide an added level of protection that you're not going to get paying by other methods.

Grumpyz
GrumpyzWestern Australia, 6110

Toothless Paypal

CAROLYN r.
CAROLYN r.Adelaide

my mistake but left to wallow

Refund was credited after all but no contact re-all my enquiries. Still a learner on computer. Don't understand jargon but I know when I'm being ignored. Hence, many bad reviews for Paypal due to frustration which (in my case at least) they didn't entirely deserve

Sebastian
SebastianFar North Queensland, QLD

Using them for years — saved my skin many times

Janne
Janneasked

These issues are systemic and need to be publicly aired.

Who is interested in sharing their story with third parties to incite effective action against PayPal's practices?

How many more businesses will have their income 'frozen' for months before ASIC takes action?

Artful Codger
Artful Codger

I obviously found it extremely frustrating while attempting to comply with everything pp requested but still received no satisfaction...and I've been using them for years ...loyalty means nothing...and they're happy to support scammers despite evidence provided by me.

TPT
TPT

Do you want A real answer... I and others have been at war with Ebay and Paypal for a LONG time. We made paypal get registered as a financial entity, rather than a free ranging and free loading entity with no accountability. I am the person who broke Ebays back, by providing their customer base with alternatives like Etsy etc., and Ebay lost 50% of their users almost overnight. I have no problems in dealing with Paypal. Janne, as far as your "Oh something ought to be done", people have been at WW3 with Paypal for a LONG time...

e.g.

Probably the easiest way to deal with them in Australia is via the Australian Financial Complaints Authority and add on a bill for your time.

www.afca.org.au

If they are legitmately in the wrong and have failed to respond THE FIRST TIME, it should not take a day or your time and 20 emails in a game of internet ping pong. If you contact them and give them a reasonable time to respond and they do not, or they respond with copy paste tripe that is useless or totally off topic, crunch them with a complaint, and bill Paypal for your time.

The Graphic P.
The Graphic P.asked

Same issues as everyone here. So who can we complain about their behaviour?

cockatoo
cockatoo

Suggest apra.gov.au if you're in Australia. Hopefully the regulators will do some regulating after being kicked in the a*se by the Banking Royal Commission.

Pete
Pete

You need to contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) info@afca.org.au

Also copy in
AUSTRALIA SQUARE NSW 1215
Toll Free No: 1800 073 263
Business: 1800 073 263
Email: auexecutiveescalations@paypal.com

Sending a copy of your letter to your federal MP regarding Paypal can also help, as Paypal hold a banking license.

Birdman
Birdman

Thanks Pete. I hope you don't mind if I re post your info to other complainants.

jerry v.
jerry v.asked

Hello,
Could you tell me what is wrong with my Visa Card details at PayPal ?

Rareman1
Rareman1

who would know except pay pal ?Best ask them

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Since they don’t monitor this site why expect consumers to know?

Other Money Transfer Services