PayPal

PayPal

Brand Manager for PayPal? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Dennis G.
Dennis G.Sydney, NSW

Good for international business but high fees

Good for international business but high fees. I've used PayPal as a way to accept credit cards, paying international staff and of course paying for goods/services. Very convenient. When receiving money from overseas suppliers I have felt a bit short-changed, but for the convenience factor - I guess its worth it.

Jenna
Jennamelbourne

Navigating Paypal Site

I find Paypal's site, when requesting a refund, extremely difficult. There is no person to person contact. Simply a preprogrammed response. They say they will email but one never arrives. For elderly people it is somewhat of a nightmare. At least with Ebay there is a "chat" area but with Paypal - absolutely nothing and I am continually going around in circles with their help system.

iamagirl1969
iamagirl1969South Australia

They were helpful and did get a refund for me

Paypal intervened on my behalf, when I contacted them about a well known, online retailer not sending me a product, I had purchased online with them, over two months ago. They found in my favor and I was refunded the purchase amount within a day of P.P. advising me that I would be refunded. The assistance was prompt and provided me with what I had asked for, to begin with.

Knights Cottage
Knights Cottage

Great except for no phone access in 2020

Linda Moyle
Linda Moyle

More order information for sellers

l would like to see it magnitory for sellers / PayPal to provide description of what item was ordered as often the sellers details are different. Also they should note when it has been sent and provide a tracking number. Often sellers do not respond to emails and buyers are forced to go the resolution centre simply to get the seller to answer questions like has it been sent yet? Can you provide a tracking number? If these issues were addressed there would be less issues having to waste buyers time in resolution

Amin T.
Amin T.

Reliability 5* but communications1*

Buying via PayPal gives buyers peace of mind because they can fridge money if there is any issues. Wait time on telephone however is really long. Online complaints or tickets lodgement system needs to be brought back. I will then give PayPal 5 stars.

GEE-SHOCK
GEE-SHOCKSydney, NSW

Generally with good features

The free returns shipping feature is amazing (8 per year)! Also I love the pay after delivery feature.
Their dispute centre is good as they do listen to consumers.
Only thing not good is I complaint about forex conversion rate for 2-3 weeks and yet still no response ....

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Lauren
LaurenQueensland

Great protection as a buyer

GMW
GMWGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

PayPal came through for me so happy to give them some credit.

Mark
MarkSydney

Excellent with online payment

They offer an extra level of protection for purchasing items online.

There system offers the two step process to log on and I feel positive that my card details are safe.
I wish for more Australian Online Stores support both Paypal and or the Two step login process.

Dianne
DianneIllawarra, NSW

Product

Called to find out information she was so helpful but the others wouldnt help but the last lady guded me tgrough .

Chaosphoto
ChaosphotoSouth Australia, 5040

Paypal is OK

Jasko
JaskoSydney

Good concept professional outcome

Recently my account was hacked from Hong Kong company in the way of pre-arrnge payment which I never did. Few time I spoke to Paypal customer service, in general term I would gave 3 stars for customer service,thanx god that some of this people was smart and helpeful. I got my money back and only one person Natasha gave back me confedence to continue with Paypal.

Got scammed and had quick and easy support

I woke up to a notification from PayPal saying I had purchased $120 tv box set from the US and immediately called the PayPay number to report it and was expecting to be on hold for ages or to have to answer a million questions but was pleasantly surprised when the service was lovely and the process was quick, easy and reassuring!

Well done for your response on this PayPal!

Siobhan M
Siobhan MWestern Australia, 6530

Secure and Helpful

I have dealt with PayPal for both personal and business and they have always show the utmost with customer service and solving any issues.

Janne
Janneasked

These issues are systemic and need to be publicly aired.

Who is interested in sharing their story with third parties to incite effective action against PayPal's practices?

How many more businesses will have their income 'frozen' for months before ASIC takes action?

Artful Codger
Artful Codger

I obviously found it extremely frustrating while attempting to comply with everything pp requested but still received no satisfaction...and I've been using them for years ...loyalty means nothing...and they're happy to support scammers despite evidence provided by me.

TPT
TPT

Do you want A real answer... I and others have been at war with Ebay and Paypal for a LONG time. We made paypal get registered as a financial entity, rather than a free ranging and free loading entity with no accountability. I am the person who broke Ebays back, by providing their customer base with alternatives like Etsy etc., and Ebay lost 50% of their users almost overnight. I have no problems in dealing with Paypal. Janne, as far as your "Oh something ought to be done", people have been at WW3 with Paypal for a LONG time...

e.g.

Probably the easiest way to deal with them in Australia is via the Australian Financial Complaints Authority and add on a bill for your time.

www.afca.org.au

If they are legitmately in the wrong and have failed to respond THE FIRST TIME, it should not take a day or your time and 20 emails in a game of internet ping pong. If you contact them and give them a reasonable time to respond and they do not, or they respond with copy paste tripe that is useless or totally off topic, crunch them with a complaint, and bill Paypal for your time.

The Graphic P.
The Graphic P.asked

Same issues as everyone here. So who can we complain about their behaviour?

cockatoo
cockatoo

Suggest apra.gov.au if you're in Australia. Hopefully the regulators will do some regulating after being kicked in the a*se by the Banking Royal Commission.

Pete
Pete

You need to contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) info@afca.org.au

Also copy in
AUSTRALIA SQUARE NSW 1215
Toll Free No: 1800 073 263
Business: 1800 073 263
Email: auexecutiveescalations@paypal.com

Sending a copy of your letter to your federal MP regarding Paypal can also help, as Paypal hold a banking license.

Birdman
Birdman

Thanks Pete. I hope you don't mind if I re post your info to other complainants.

jerry v.
jerry v.asked

Hello,
Could you tell me what is wrong with my Visa Card details at PayPal ?

Rareman1
Rareman1

who would know except pay pal ?Best ask them

The Reviewer
The Reviewer

Since they don’t monitor this site why expect consumers to know?

Other Money Transfer Services