PD Comprehensive Car Insurance

PD Comprehensive Car Insurance (page 2 of 2)

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

If you're a regular driver, a good car insurance policy can grant you peace of mind. With so many providers and policies on the market, dipping into the policy pool can be confusing. Use this guide for tips on how to find the best, cheapest car insurance for you, whether comprehensive or third party.

Read now

1.6

Mark S

Mark SSouth East Queensland, QLD

not happy JAN

Claim DateNovember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Terrible! They will charge you more if you rent your home

Was quoted $928 for comprehensive annually, I compared on iSelect came back with $716, when asked why the discrepancy, I was told it's because you are renting! If you are renting do not use this company, this is highly discriminatory for no reason. There is no additional risk to them if the car owner is renting or a home owner. Disgusting reprehensible behaviour!

Claim MadeNo

The worst insurance company.

Took 2 months to completely settle a claim that I wasn't at fault for. Had to follow up multiple timed and got lied to everytime. Rubbish customer service were rude, and had no transparency in their process. They deleted all my honest reviews and comments on Facebook and ended up disabling reviews because of all the negative reviews.
Honestly would give them a minus star review if I could.

Claim DateJuly 2019
Car Insurance

Find out how PD Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Let me keep it simple, do not deal with this insurance company. They will make you pay when it comes to making a claim.

I have been with PD for several years. When it came to making a claim, they tried every excuse under the sun of why they can't fix all that was damaged in an accident.

Steve

SteveCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Dodgy pricing

Checked insurance quotes on behalf of my wife on Compare the market for Volkswagon Golf we are about to purchase, PD Insurance quote came up for $462.07 but when it directed me to their site I filled in the details & the quote came to $898.46.
We are rating 1 drivers with no claims, no lost points on our licences, no age constraints & current comprehensive insurance.
I can only suspect that this is a scam or a lure to get you on their site & possibly buy a policy, but why would you as it turned out they had the most expensive policy.

Marina 42

Marina 42Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Couldn't even get a quote

I tried to obtain an online quote. New X5 BMW and their system would not let me put in a value within their suggested range. I gave up. Hopeless system which says a lot for the Company

Greg Perry

Greg PerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

My experience dealing with PD has been excellent.

PD's premiums have always been much lower than the competition, and I always compare at renewal time. But the real test of an insurance company is their performance when you need to make a claim. A few weeks ago I was tail-ended by an uninsured driver while waiting in traffic. The impact wrote off my car. I phoned PD from the crash scene and they organised a tow-truck immediately. My car was assessed, the claim paid out, and I was in a new car within two weeks. The consultants at PD were always polite and kept me informed at every stage. My experience with PD over the years has been excellent.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Car ModelMitsubishi ASX XB

Worst insurance agent ever

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

If you like your car..... insure it with someone else!

I lodged a claim after hitting a kangaroo, after over a month waiting for PD Insurance to approve the assessment from the smash repairers, and after lots of calls following up from me, they denied the claim based on a previous claim I didn't tell them about...…. a no excess payable windscreen repair (I didn't even know this counted as a claim on my history) from my previous insurer. End of the day if you want to have your car covered go with someone else...… this looks to be over a $20 000 mistake on my behalf.

Claim DateMay 2019
Car Insurance

Find out how PD Comprehensive Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Just hopeless!

Slow response, didn’t want to offer any help being a not at fault claim they were always passing the buck to the someone else, another department or the other insurer

Car ModelMazda 3
yas

yasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Did not honour the quote to fix damage on my car

My car was in an accident due to no fault on my side. My car was damaged whilst being parked, Police were involved in the incident. Reported to progressive insurance, all repairs authoritied by them. I then proceed to drop my car off to repair and the panel beater informs me progressive insurance is refusing to pay for one part of damage as they felt it wasn’t part of the accident.

Progressive Insurance you had no direct conversation with me about this issue, you authorised and approved all damage to be fixed. You then dishonour and go back on your word. Totally disgusted by this insurances behaviour.

Will not be renewewing my policy with this this insurance organisation who I feel just lie and go back on their word.

Christopher

ChristopherSydney, NSW

Crappy insurance company, stay away. They are cheap for a reason.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2018
Car ModelToyota Camry XV40
Kevin

KevinSydney, Australia

Will not provide comprehensive insurance

Spent 10min filling in their quote asking all sorts of personal details on a new car comprehensive policy, then at very end said would not provide insurance because like thousands of other Sydney people who had car damaged in hail recently. Should have stopped collecting personal details after asking about hail damage at start of questionnaire.

Saxon Poser

Saxon PoserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Are you a young person or own an older car?

Claim DateJune 2018