PD Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Amy

AmyMelbourne

Avoid at all costs

It’s time to renew my premium and it has gone up by a few hundreds without any claim last year. Rang them asking for a review and they said no further discount so I walked away. Two days later, one of their sale persons emailed me said they can do better and offered me a better deal so I went ahead with that. Contract signed and until they issued the PDF certificate, I’ve noticed they have reduced the Agreed Value. Contacted them again, they didn’t honour what was offered previously blaming a typo. Long story short, avoid at all costs, untrustworthy, check your certificate.

Insurance claim madeNo

It's unbelievable disgraceful insurance!!!

I have been with the company for almost two years, had 2 cars paid full insurance comprehensive and the fist time I had an accident and made a claim they made me go through every loop possible to delay my claim. The cost of the repair from their approved repairer came out to be $4000 and after a few weeks of processing by the assessor. They said that I was cover for $1400!!! I have been left out of pocket to repair my car and it has been over 8 weeks and claim has not been settled yet!!

Terrible customer service

Tried to lodge a claim over the phone. Operator sounded cold and careless. 30 mins on the phone and still couldn't even locate the place of incident.

Criminals - Avoid at all costs

Progressive direct are greedy and manipulative. Their constant delays (9 weeks) in processing claims are designed to fatigue consumers who will eventually accept insurance claims that are unfair. My car was "hit and run" by a third party. They wrote the car off due to an estimate (not even a FINAL quote) $100 over the insured value (economical write-off), would not allow a second quote, attempted to tow to manheim prior to even informing us, the insured, of the outcome. Their legal team is overbearing, harassing and even threatening. There is no transparency in the claims process. AVOID progressive direct at all costs.

Anton

AntonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Updated review...

Had a bad experience with a not at fault incident but it was rectified in the end... appreciate the assistance of Edward Hock in resolving the issue...changed review from 1 star to 4 stars... thanks for listening Progressive!

Terrible

Avoid at all costs, they never called me I had to call them to ask them to action my emails, they weren’t helpful when I was at no fault and they made me pay excess even though I already had a claim number from the other persons insurance. It took a month to get my total loss payments when the whole thing could have taken a week.

Insurance claim madeYes

You get what you pay for

Cheap insurance however, terrible service and quality of repairs when it comes to making a claim. I made a not at fault claim after I returned to my parked car to see extensive damage. The repairs were cheap and terrible quality, it took nearly two months to get the into the shop to get fixed. The claims service is also terrible,
I didn’t hear back from the insurance company for a few days after I made a claim. As for the repairs, the colour did not match and the repair shop refused to fix the issue and in the end it all became too much of a headache and I was towards the end of my insurance cover so I cancelled it as soon as I could. It may be cheap insurance but it still is not worth the money.

Saxon Poser

Saxon PoserMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Are you a young person or own an older car?

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Positive Claim Experience

P.Shrestha

P.ShresthaSydney, NSW

Headache for a fee!

Avoid, avoid & avoid! I was on my foot walking for more than 6 weeks before settlement happened. Such a terrible company to deal with. I'm never turning around and suggest everyone to avoid at all cost.

Insurance claim madeYes

WORST INSURANCE COMPANY OF ALL!!!

A disgraceful insurer. Happy to take the exhorbitant premiums...but not willing to cover an accident. Not even worthy of a 0 star rating. Insure with these people at your own peril!!!

Insurance claim madeYes

$1500 to insure a Barina?

2010 Barina 27 year old Male driver with Rating 1, easily the most expensive quote i have received, got cheaper insurance through RACV for my 09 VE SSV when i had it.

Insurance claim madeNo

Never go for this car insurance

As soon as I got my car insurance with them I was bombarded with marketing emails and phone calls from so many places which I never asked for. I called them to cancel my insurance couple of months later they said they would call me next day and would do it over phone after asking me few questions, they never rang me back. Anyway I didn't bother later and went on for an year in total and then I sent them email informing that I don't want to renew and they sent me an e-mail informing me that my subscription was renewed, so I rang them and was able to get a refund eventually. Guys don't try to save money with car insurance and go with Progressive as you would end up with buying lots of pain in the bottom!

Not Remotely Good Insurance

This company is hard to get ahold of, long periods to be on hold and if you try to change to paying monthly they won't allow it. If they do allow you to swap to monthly payments they bump on extra money and have zero understanding. They do not look after existing customers!!!! Do not pick this insurance.

JoD

JoD

I’m only with them, because they’re cheap

I’ve been with Orogressive for 7 years, and have attempted to make 2 claims, both times it worked out cheaper for me to get it fixed my self as their excess is too high

phil

philsydney

Bad experience for loyal customer

I chose Progressive 3 years ago without any single claim. Today they emailed me and stated that my premium will increase extra $542 next month. As I did not claim anything in last 3 years. I should be given No Claims Discount (NCD) or Rating Discount rather than increase $542 without reasons.

Contacted with their policy team who advised that offer is the best they can do. They did not give a reason why they increase my premium.

Bad experience for loyal customer.

Worst service ever

Shannon

ShannonPerth

Easy & great value

Have just renewed our policy with progressive for our 3rd year, and is still the best value car insurance I have been quoted. Both our family cars are insured with progressive, our 1st year we saved $700. Have made 1 claim during this time, was very quick, easy and prompt with the process.

Kate555

Kate555Sydney, NSW

DO NOT EVER TAKE A POLICY WITH PROGRESSIVE - GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!!!!!

Vee

Veeasked

what is my policy number, where can I find this?

Tony
Tony

If you log on to PD.com.au and select vehicle, your policy number should be next to the car description

Slick

Slickasked

Is there a provision on the policy to put in insurance for windscreen?

toto
toto

I believe so but it cost extra.

Robo
Robo

Everything costs extra with Progressive as its a tick and charge system of insurance.
I'm cancelling our policy at the end of this month as the renewal has increased 40% and the car is not worth the premium (Holden Captiva).

Kamal Khalil

Kamal Khalilasked

where can I find my policy number?

mariem54
mariem54

It should be on your policy documents that they should have sent you.

galaxy
galaxy

Actually, Progressive is a 100% digital company so they are not "sending" anything except e-mails. The policy number can be found in the top right corner of your online account when you log into their website, or you can download the Certificate of Insurance from My Documents there and it will state your policy number as well. Finally, when you apply for the insurance they send an e-mail and the policy number is mentioned in the Subject of that e-mail.

Get an answer from our members and PD Insurance representatives

PD Third Party, Fire and Theft Car Insurance

1.0
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Contact Number 1800 776 4731800 776 4731800 776 473
Coverage TypeThird Party Property DamageComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty Ltd
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedReduced Excess IncludedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Towing Costs Not IncludedIncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
  • 72 hours after an offer is made to settle the loss on a vehicle that is determine to be a write-of

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
Essential / Emergency RepairsNot IncludedIncluded up to $500Not Included
Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Benefits
Hire Car after Theft

Included, benefit stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• The hire car benefit has been provided for 14 days;
  • Your vehicle has been recovered and is returned to you or its owner undamaged;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced, if it is recovered damaged;

Included, benefit stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced, if it is recovered damaged;
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Lock and Key ReplacementNot IncludedIncluded up to $1,000Not Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Included

If your vehicle is deemed a Total Loss because of damage or theft within the first 12 months of its original new car registration, the replacement vehicle will be:

• of the same make, model, and series as the damaged or stolen vehicle; and
  • fitted with the same insured modifications and standard accessories.

Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Personal Property CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $5,000Not ApplicableIncluded, up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage