PD Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (13)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (12)

Great value and great products

Great premium and love being able to make my own changes on the web portal. Also, happy with the excess buster product meaning I don't pay an excess in the event of a claim.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the great review, we think our excess buster product is pretty good too, hopefully you will never need it though.

Abbey-marie S.
Abbey-marie S.Far North Queensland, QLD

Beware of these animals

Never again
Never againSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst organisation experience ever

Claim made against me in I am not at fault accident. Spent 5 hours so far dealing with processing and I have to pay excess up front for claim from a third party to be processed. No damage to my vehicle at all. I am supposed to be their customer/ client and they should be representing me. Probably won’t be my excess back now they have money.

Adam S.
Adam S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Used to be with them, thought I’d perhaps give them another go

Bloh
Bloh

Lacks customer service and support

Was sideswiped by a truck and so the accident wasn't my fault. Called PD to help push the process along with the third party insurer (other person had put forward a claim) and to be honest - the woman who answered couldn't have been less interested or nonchalent in the situation. Responded later than the stated 48hrs return time and just overall unhelpful. I've ended up just directly dealing with the 3rd party because PD just don't seem to think it's worth their time.

Anyway, I switched to PD on price so the faults really on me. If you're looking for customer support or help, this is not the insurance company for you.

Mark S
Mark SSouth East Queensland, QLD

not happy JAN

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers

Terrible! They will charge you more if you rent your home

Was quoted $928 for comprehensive annually, I compared on iSelect came back with $716, when asked why the discrepancy, I was told it's because you are renting! If you are renting do not use this company, this is highly discriminatory for no reason. There is no additional risk to them if the car owner is renting or a home owner. Disgusting reprehensible behaviour!

The worst insurance company.

Took 2 months to completely settle a claim that I wasn't at fault for. Had to follow up multiple timed and got lied to everytime. Rubbish customer service were rude, and had no transparency in their process. They deleted all my honest reviews and comments on Facebook and ended up disabling reviews because of all the negative reviews.
Honestly would give them a minus star review if I could.

Let me keep it simple, do not deal with this insurance company. They will make you pay when it comes to making a claim.

I have been with PD for several years. When it came to making a claim, they tried every excuse under the sun of why they can't fix all that was damaged in an accident.

Steve
SteveCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Dodgy pricing

Checked insurance quotes on behalf of my wife on Compare the market for Volkswagon Golf we are about to purchase, PD Insurance quote came up for $462.07 but when it directed me to their site I filled in the details & the quote came to $898.46.
We are rating 1 drivers with no claims, no lost points on our licences, no age constraints & current comprehensive insurance.
I can only suspect that this is a scam or a lure to get you on their site & possibly buy a policy, but why would you as it turned out they had the most expensive policy.

Marina 42
Marina 42Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Couldn't even get a quote

I tried to obtain an online quote. New X5 BMW and their system would not let me put in a value within their suggested range. I gave up. Hopeless system which says a lot for the Company

Greg Perry
Greg PerrySouth East Queensland, QLD

My experience dealing with PD has been excellent.

PD's premiums have always been much lower than the competition, and I always compare at renewal time. But the real test of an insurance company is their performance when you need to make a claim. A few weeks ago I was tail-ended by an uninsured driver while waiting in traffic. The impact wrote off my car. I phoned PD from the crash scene and they organised a tow-truck immediately. My car was assessed, the claim paid out, and I was in a new car within two weeks. The consultants at PD were always polite and kept me informed at every stage. My experience with PD over the years has been excellent.

Worst insurance agent ever

If you like your car..... insure it with someone else!

I lodged a claim after hitting a kangaroo, after over a month waiting for PD Insurance to approve the assessment from the smash repairers, and after lots of calls following up from me, they denied the claim based on a previous claim I didn't tell them about...…. a no excess payable windscreen repair (I didn't even know this counted as a claim on my history) from my previous insurer. End of the day if you want to have your car covered go with someone else...… this looks to be over a $20 000 mistake on my behalf.

Just hopeless!

Slow response, didn’t want to offer any help being a not at fault claim they were always passing the buck to the someone else, another department or the other insurer

yas
yasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Did not honour the quote to fix damage on my car

My car was in an accident due to no fault on my side. My car was damaged whilst being parked, Police were involved in the incident. Reported to progressive insurance, all repairs authoritied by them. I then proceed to drop my car off to repair and the panel beater informs me progressive insurance is refusing to pay for one part of damage as they felt it wasn’t part of the accident.

Progressive Insurance you had no direct conversation with me about this issue, you authorised and approved all damage to be fixed. You then dishonour and go back on your word. Totally disgusted by this insurances behaviour.

Will not be renewewing my policy with this this insurance organisation who I feel just lie and go back on their word.

Giles B.
Giles B.asked
Comprehensive Car Insurance

Most of the reviews here are negative. The premiums are extremely competitive but does that come at a cost to the service should I need to make a claim?

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Hi Giles,

Thanks for reaching out. Our claims process is first class for 99% of claims lodged, the only ones that have issues are as a result of either non disclosure or failure to follow our process at claims time. Unfortunately its only the negative comments that seem to make review pages though :(
We hope to see you join us soon
Regards
PD

RKB
RKBasked
PD Insurance

Does PD advise when a comprehensive motor vehicle policy is due for renewal ?

Gay
Gay

yes they send an email advising you that the renewal fee will automatically be deducted from your nominated acc/ c/card about two or three weeks beforehand and to check the details and make any changes if need be

jack W.
jack W.asked
PD Insurance

I have just paid for car insurance with your company and wanted to ask a question. I don't use twitter and I am concerned your company is a scam as I cannot speak to any one and if I ever have an insurance question how can I speak to anyone. If I don't get a reply quickly I will ring my visacard provider and cancel the transaction
Peter Hall

Jack T.
Jack T.

Hi Peter, I can vouch for the legitimacy of the company having dealt with them. I’d encourage you to call them on 1800776473 when they open on Tuesday 27th after the public holiday.

Get an answer from our members and PD Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 PD Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Coverage TypeThird Party Property DamageComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty Ltd
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedReduced Excess IncludedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
  • 72 hours after an offer is made to settle the loss on a vehicle that is determine to be a write-of

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs Not IncludedIncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot IncludedIncluded up to $500Not Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Included, benefit stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• The hire car benefit has been provided for 14 days;
  • Your vehicle has been recovered and is returned to you or its owner undamaged;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced, if it is recovered damaged;

Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Included

If your vehicle is deemed a Total Loss because of damage or theft within the first 12 months of its original new car registration, the replacement vehicle will be:

• of the same make, model, and series as the damaged or stolen vehicle; and
  • fitted with the same insured modifications and standard accessories.

Personal Property CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $5,000Not ApplicableIncluded, up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage