PD Insurance

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (1)
    • 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (12)
    • 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (10) · No (11)

Great value and great products

Great premium and love being able to make my own changes on the web portal. Also, happy with the excess buster product meaning I don't pay an excess in the event of a claim.

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Thanks for the great review, we think our excess buster product is pretty good too, hopefully you will never need it though.

Kevin

KevinSydney, Australia

Will not provide comprehensive insurance

Spent 10min filling in their quote asking all sorts of personal details on a new car comprehensive policy, then at very end said would not provide insurance because like thousands of other Sydney people who had car damaged in hail recently. Should have stopped collecting personal details after asking about hail damage at start of questionnaire.

Jae

JaeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Biggest scammers

Tony

TonyHunter Region, NSW

My faith was restored!

I previously wrote a scathing review about my experience with progressive when i had to make a claim after being run off the road by a truck. Since then i had to make another claim after my wife ran up the back of a car in school drop off. Progressive were really good, hassle free claim process, the repairer they used was fantastic, job quoted, approved and repairs done all in 3 weeks. Such a turn around from my initial experience and first claim. Will definitely stay with this insurer now.

worst insurance company

WORST INSURANCE EVER, Its affordable, i give it that. But once you have a claim, and is not your fault! This company is useless, 3 months since my accident happen. My car is still not fixed and claim still processing. Every time i call them, all they say is sorry we cant do anything about it. Sorry, theres not much we can do. WORST INSURANCE EVER, do not use this insurance company unless you 100% guarantee you not going to have an accident. Lol

Sal

SalSydney

Worse insurance company

Worse insurance company
Very dodgy , just taking your money and when it comes to claim they reject it with some nonsense excuses

Insurance claim madeYes

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

We compared reviews on the Top 5 Most Popular Car Insurance Providers

Avleen M.
Avleen M.1 June 2020
we-compared-reviews-on-the-top-5-most-popular-car-insurance-providers
Paul

PaulBendigo

Used to be good but now AVOID!!

Trying to help

Trying to helpSydney

On the fence

Roza

RozaMelbourne

Denied Claim

I logically thought that if I purchased a full comprehensive car insurance, that my vehicle would be insured should an accident happen, but not with these thieves. A not at fault accident, claim denied, because if I had [name removed] next door driving my car, had a similar accident, progressive would have apparently accepted, but because my husband was driving, claim was denied. The first claims person I spoke to, reiterated four times that excess is higher due to the fact of someone else driving , which I was ok with, but Claim denied? People please take not. DO NOT Go with progressive.

Amy

AmyMelbourne

Avoid at all costs

It’s time to renew my premium and it has gone up by a few hundreds without any claim last year. Rang them asking for a review and they said no further discount so I walked away. Two days later, one of their sale persons emailed me said they can do better and offered me a better deal so I went ahead with that. Contract signed and until they issued the PDF certificate, I’ve noticed they have reduced the Agreed Value. Contacted them again, they didn’t honour what was offered previously blaming a typo. Long story short, avoid at all costs, untrustworthy, check your certificate.

Insurance claim madeNo

Find out how PD Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

It's unbelievable disgraceful insurance!!!

I have been with the company for almost two years, had 2 cars paid full insurance comprehensive and the fist time I had an accident and made a claim they made me go through every loop possible to delay my claim. The cost of the repair from their approved repairer came out to be $4000 and after a few weeks of processing by the assessor. They said that I was cover for $1400!!! I have been left out of pocket to repair my car and it has been over 8 weeks and claim has not been settled yet!!

Terrible customer service

Tried to lodge a claim over the phone. Operator sounded cold and careless. 30 mins on the phone and still couldn't even locate the place of incident.

Criminals - Avoid at all costs

Progressive direct are greedy and manipulative. Their constant delays (9 weeks) in processing claims are designed to fatigue consumers who will eventually accept insurance claims that are unfair. My car was "hit and run" by a third party. They wrote the car off due to an estimate (not even a FINAL quote) $100 over the insured value (economical write-off), would not allow a second quote, attempted to tow to manheim prior to even informing us, the insured, of the outcome. Their legal team is overbearing, harassing and even threatening. There is no transparency in the claims process. AVOID progressive direct at all costs.

Anton

AntonMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Updated review...

Had a bad experience with a not at fault incident but it was rectified in the end... appreciate the assistance of Edward Hock in resolving the issue...changed review from 1 star to 4 stars... thanks for listening Progressive!

Terrible

Avoid at all costs, they never called me I had to call them to ask them to action my emails, they weren’t helpful when I was at no fault and they made me pay excess even though I already had a claim number from the other persons insurance. It took a month to get my total loss payments when the whole thing could have taken a week.

Natalie C

Natalie C

You get what you pay for

Cheap insurance however, terrible service and quality of repairs when it comes to making a claim. I made a not at fault claim after I returned to my parked car to see extensive damage. The repairs were cheap and terrible quality, it took nearly two months to get the into the shop to get fixed. The claims service is also terrible,
I didn’t hear back from the insurance company for a few days after I made a claim. As for the repairs, the colour did not match and the repair shop refused to fix the issue and in the end it all became too much of a headache and I was towards the end of my insurance cover so I cancelled it as soon as I could. It may be cheap insurance but it still is not worth the money.

Giles B.

Giles B.asked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

Most of the reviews here are negative. The premiums are extremely competitive but does that come at a cost to the service should I need to make a claim?

PD InsurancePD Insurance

Hi Giles,

Thanks for reaching out. Our claims process is first class for 99% of claims lodged, the only ones that have issues are as a result of either non disclosure or failure to follow our process at claims time. Unfortunately its only the negative comments that seem to make review pages though :(
We hope to see you join us soon
Regards
PD

RKB

RKBasked

PD Insurance

Does PD advise when a comprehensive motor vehicle policy is due for renewal ?

Gay
Gay

yes they send an email advising you that the renewal fee will automatically be deducted from your nominated acc/ c/card about two or three weeks beforehand and to check the details and make any changes if need be

jack W.

jack W.asked

PD Insurance

I have just paid for car insurance with your company and wanted to ask a question. I don't use twitter and I am concerned your company is a scam as I cannot speak to any one and if I ever have an insurance question how can I speak to anyone. If I don't get a reply quickly I will ring my visacard provider and cancel the transaction
Peter Hall

Jack T.
Jack T.

Hi Peter, I can vouch for the legitimacy of the company having dealt with them. I’d encourage you to call them on 1800776473 when they open on Tuesday 27th after the public holiday.

Get an answer from our members and PD Insurance representatives

Compare all 3 PD Insurance
CategoryCar InsuranceCar InsuranceCar Insurance
Coverage TypeThird Party Property DamageComprehensiveThird Party, Fire and Theft
UnderwriterPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty LtdPacific International Insurance Pty Ltd
Legal Liability Cover Included up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 millionIncluded up to $20 million
Roadside Assistance Not OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Reduced or Zero Excess Windscreen CoverNot OfferedReduced Excess IncludedNot Offered
Choice of RepairerNot ApplicableNot AllowedNot Allowed
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
  • 72 hours after an offer is made to settle the loss on a vehicle that is determine to be a write-of

Optional extra, benefits stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• Your vehicle is returned to you or its owner;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced;
Emergency Transport & AccommodationNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Towing Costs Not IncludedIncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsNot IncludedIncluded up to $500Not Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot OfferedNot OfferedNot Offered
Hire Car after Theft

Included, benefit stop when any one of the following conditions is met:

• The hire car benefit has been provided for 14 days;
  • Your vehicle has been recovered and is returned to you or its owner undamaged;
  • Your vehicle has been repaired or replaced, if it is recovered damaged;

Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Not Included

If your vehicle is deemed a Total Loss because of damage or theft within the first 12 months of its original new car registration, the replacement vehicle will be:

• of the same make, model, and series as the damaged or stolen vehicle; and
  • fitted with the same insured modifications and standard accessories.

Personal Property CoverNot IncludedNot IncludedNot Included
Uninsured Motorist Benefit Included up to $5,000Not ApplicableIncluded, up to $5,000
Accidental Loss or Damage